Ramada Worldwide

Found 173 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,268 reviews

Insights into Ramada Worldwide

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues

Great hotel to work for with an even better team. I had a lot of working for Ramada.

I worked as a bartender and a porter on the shifts I didn’t Bartend. Working in a hotel was a lot of fun as there was always something to do. A very fast paced environment and very team oriented.

Fun work place

Its great working here, boss is nice. Hard work pays off. It gets crowded and shifts may be tasking for checking. All in all a great place to work in Nnaimo

Just a job

It's a decent place to work management doubt really listen to your complaints it's hard to deal with customers who have problems with they're rooms or things like that

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Unappreciated

Dont work here unless your desperate

Management makes tons of mistakes and always places the blame on the housekeeping staff. No chance of getting raises (seen employees who were working there for 15 years and still getting minimum wage) They offer food discount at lunch but the kitchen cooks don't care about staff for quality. My entire work section was laid off because of covid and they hired new staff instead off bringing anyone back

Pros

Cons

No raises, Management uses you as a scapegoat, no benefits

I have enjoyed every minute at Ramada. Great place to work and learn.Every employee has an opportunity to learn and can be promoted to various department to achieve their highest potential.

Don’t work here

This is the type of place that keeps you awake at night because of how high your stress level is. Management is very poor and makes it obvious they don’t give a **** about you. I have never felt so unappreciated, and unvalued working for a company in my life. They will make you feel worthless and replaceable, yet they expect so much of you. If you fail to do something or don’t do it correctly, you will hear about it. Not nicely either. The hotel is extremely outdated. I have no idea how the building is still open since the plumbing and electrical is so bad it doesn’t even work properly. Did I mention the bugs? There are spiders, cockroaches, ants and several more bugs kicking around this place all hours of the day. It’s disgusting. Management wants us to tell guests they come in from the side entrances but that’s not true. I wouldn’t be surprised if we had mice or rats at this point. DON’T WORK HERE. It’s not worth it, even if you are desperate.

Pros

Not a single pro.

Cons

Awful Management, Minimum wage, Denied Time Off, Bugs, Rude Guests, Don’t want to pay for overtime

Don't recommend

The upper management and state of the property of the Trenton Ramada is an embarrassment to the Ramada brand. Do yourself a favor and don't work there

Pros

Zero

Cons

Poor Management, Old and run down building lots of maintenance issues, plenty of guest complaints

Good place to start with

Pretty smooth operations during the shift however management could look into ways to build team that performs collaboratively. Needs more focus on standardisation.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Blurred growth plan

Productive and Good people

The management was iffy but the staff members were so sweet and really wanted to do well at there job. Definitely enjoyed the work company that came with the position.

Greate place to work

The work environment is so friendly and the staff and the management is so supportive. Working hours depend on the functions the institution host. Company culture is true and unique to which all the staff could relate to. Pay and other benefits are good.

Very poor management

Most of the old staff are bullied they don’t know how to treat you well? Specially when your new staff? But I did try my best to stay with them for 7th months I almost cry when I’m going home? Coz they don’t have enough stuff to used for the rooms ? If your new nothing to used coz old staff take all the stuff to used in the rooms? If your getting behind they don’t care? But if they are the one behind they need help most

Avis

Emploi renumerable , mais instable ,pour de horaires flexibles très payant et bien organiser en cuisine

Pros

Touristique

Cons

Manque personel

Not a place I recommend to work

Ramada Edmonton south is the worst place I have ever worked at this time as far as wage it suck never give raises there is no way to upgrade no way to advance and the management is very poor and the GM does not know how to talk to people or staffmore so staff its not a place i would have gone to work for knowing what i know now

Don:t go

low pay with losy work environment. I worked there for a little over 2 years as laundry person. management people are demanding.had to work a lot of overtime hours, especially during the summer.

An average experience

It’s a good company for temporary time period . I had a supportive team though but still a lot of scope to grow. I have been with Wyndham group for like 4plus years and now recently it has been re branded to Riviera plaza and Conference Centre

Night Audit/Front Desk

Not worth the stress and lack of sleep. Back and forth between graveyards and day shifts were a bit much to handle while being a single parent. Even single child free coworkers were struggling with the shifts as the manager only cared about herself.

Cheap and Dirty

You are constantly yelled at by customers because its such a dirty hotel. Cleaning staff do not clean the hallways and skip parts of the room that look "clean enough". They never remember to put bed bug covers on and when they do they are cheap bed covers and not bed BUG covers. Housekeeping is mean to the rest of the staff acting like they are the center of the hotel. The place is about as clean as the homeless hotel downtown Red Deer. Bed bugs 4 times in 6 months in 2018 and 2019. Only cleaned, did not do proper extermination. You can see the bugs get bigger through the complaints pics on the internet and forums. Pool is only cleaned 1 time per week. Sometimes is so dirty you can't see the bottom.Staff are forced to work alone in a hotel of 100 rooms and that's including a pool and waterslide. They cheap out on everything and it really shows up in their cleanliness and staff friendliness. Hookers in the rooms and drug addicts coming and going all the time. You have to be afraid of getting sick or a disease. Sleep is a luxury if you work here. South side of the building is collapsing and no one seems to care. Ownership is terrible. Atmosphere is like an abusive family structure.

Overall good experience

I learned alot on the job, I had an opportunity to learn different departments and in the end knew almost all of the staff. We became a work family. I had the opportunity to advance in my position and when I left it was on good terms. I still miss it.

Hard to please management

Good co workers but some seem are more friendly than others. Managers can sometimes be dismissive to change and it seems management is unwilling to spend where necessary for guest satisfaction and comfort and allow the maintenance team to effectively do their job

Decent place to work, good ppl.

Ive so far enjoyed my time at the Ramada, ive used many of the skills ive accumulated plus learned new ones, pretty hood place to work as ling as youre there to work.

Working for ramada

Very easy friendly place to work few management are nice to work with and staff are great for team work together ...friendly customers service and you always feel welcome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ramada Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement