Ramada Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 128 reviews matching the search See all 1,860 reviews
Great staff
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC24 October 2018
All of my co-workers were genuinely great people who worked very hard, and very quickly. A lot of great communication, some benefits after you've worked there for some time. Including a pool and gym the employees were free to use.
Pros
Free pool, gym, amazing free lunches provided once a week
Cons
Difficult and strenuous work, have to be quick, can be too physically demanding for some
unproductive workplace, not enjoyable at all
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB31 August 2018
I regret working here, in all honesty this was a terrible place to work at, the only good things were getting to listen to my own music and during the summer there was free lunch once a week at 1 p.m. The Laundry manager was very rude to almost everyone making the entire mood in the laundry room terrible. All the Laundry machines broke constantly making all work pile up and making it impossible to do anything, the workplace was always overcrowded and over talkative making a huge distraction from the work that needed to be done.
Pros
free lunch for workers once a week at 1 p.m
Cons
long and unproductive shifts, rude manager
Fun workplace but theyre cheap.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON12 December 2018
Its a fun place to work but when pay time comes around, watch how much they pay you... theyre cheap and will screw you over for every penny they can.. i enjoyed working there until i found out the age restriction which they never asked about nor mentioned.

The job is super easy if you enjoy long 8am-5pm shifts contantly moving around trying to get an impossible amount of rooms done by yourself before home time. They also expect you to come there with knowledge of how to make the bed their way and if you dont, you will not hear the end of it... you have to tuck the blanket PERFECTLY in every single room or you gotta start over.. everything has to be Perfect at the Ramada Inn. So if you cant handle that, find a different job.. the Ramada is not for you. And truthfully, i wouldnt recommend it anyways.
Pros
Independent working at your speed
Cons
Refusal of proper pay
I worked in the restrant and for the events room
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC6 September 2018
this place was a very stress free place for me to work personally, laid back enough to get all the little things finished and quick enough that I was never really needing to find something to do to keep myself busy. left over buffet and desserts after the Christmas parties were the best.
Pros
great food
Cons
the icy parking lot in the winter
Productive and friendly place to work; free meals and parking.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2018
Extremely nice work environment; friendly co-workers, very understanding management; great ownership; excellent facilities for employees, including meals; enjoyed handling the receivables and payable.
Pros
Free meals and parking.
Cons
Nothing.
It is just a job with a paycheck
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB29 August 2018
It is a good job and I liked the work that I did. But it was not very creative and it was very repetitive. I did not see much of a desire for advancing in the industry for myself. It always felt that I was just going to work so that I could earn money to pay the bills.
fast paced, safe, enjoyable work place
Dishwasher\ kitchen help (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC26 May 2018
The Ramada Lodge Hotel and Conference Center is very fast paced as we get many banquets in the summer and a handful in the winter. The learning experience I have got from working there is that you always have to be alert while working in the kitchen as it can get pretty hectic. Working at the Ramada has improved many life skills from interacting with others to being able to work on your feet and fast. For the most part the hardest part of the job comes with being able to organize yourself in ways you can be most efficient as you are in a time frame. Although you should always be keeping yourself busy the most enjoyable part is being able to meet lots of new faces.
Pros
a free meal
Cons
have to be willing to get your hands dirty
Good working environment
Catering Coordinator - Weddings & Socials (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC3 August 2018
Great working environment and good management team. Family run business made it feel like you were a part of the family and not just another employee. A lot of team building activities to encourage staff to work together.
Managerial experience
Scheduling & employee care
Property management
Friendly enviroment
challenges
Pros
Free dry cleaning, meal, hotel discount rate
Cons
terrible management, bad food, no organization.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON13 April 2018
The management at this place is an absolute joke. Sitting around drinking, laughing, pretending to work. All while the understaffed front of house run around trying to keep up. Better believe they have their hands in the nightly tip out though. We're told it goes to the kitchen, but when all the servers are tipping out $20-$60 a night, and the kitchen gets $20 a month. Something doesn't add up.
Managers will be quick to place blame on the staff, so as to keep the owner happy.
Endless complaints about the food, but don't expect the managers to comp anything. Cause that would affect their bottom line. Who cares if the servers get stiffed right? Managers still get their cut from the tipout anyway.
Front desk agent
Front desk agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 April 2018
As a front desk agent i would learn to check in and check out guests as well as learn how to take reservations from online bookings if they are not automatically put into the system. The hardest part was learning the system because there was so much to do, although i still adapted. I enjoyed working with other front desk employees while in stage and meeting new guests.
Pros
Did not always have to stand.
Cons
short lunch
Fun place to work
Banquets supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jordan, ON8 October 2018
Only left because I moved out of province
Fast paced
Fun environment
Notice your strengths
Great views
Family owned
Great learning experience
just there
HOUSEKEEPING/BELLMAN (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 October 2018
its not a bad place to be if you know what you are after. The management isn't really the best in town. Its somehow boring working there as people don't talk as much.
Its hard work.
Catering Server (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC16 October 2018
Working in Hospitality for a few years and learning about it all was a great experience. Catering is very on and off. By that I mean its either very busy or slow.
great team
Executive Chef, Banquet Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2018
Great Gm And great ppl to work with fun any one would be good to work at this hotel, they are a great bunch of ppl from banquets to the front of the house.
One of the worst places to work in Regina
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK29 July 2018
One of the worst places to work in Regina. Terrible discounts for employees, pay is quite low for the amount of work they want us to do, and management is horrible.
Horrible place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK17 September 2018
The worst place to ever work! They don't give a hoot about the workers.
And don't even think about offering yit suggestions because they don't waby to hear it.
fun job
hostess/room service attendant (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC4 July 2018
first job I had, and was a very fun job. between seating customers and delivering room service, was always a fun active experience and led me to become a superviser and a manager in jobs to follow.
Fun and enjoying
House Person (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 August 2018
I had lots of fun with this company and management, lots of incentives and rewards to keep moral up. I would work for this company anytime and would recommend
agréable
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  tunis12 October 2018
je suis fière d de travailler dans cet hôtel comme résponsable de service informatque
Pros
professionnalisme
Cons
salaire