Rakuten Kobo Inc. Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2018
Good place to work. Requires a lot of after hours work in the customer service field. You need to ensure that you are self motivated as there is limited contact with your direct manager.
3 December 2018

We appreciate the time you took to write this review. With millions of users around the world, Rakuten Kobo employees work hard to ensure that the needs and expectations of our customers are met. This sometimes requires long hours, but we look to find a balance by facilitating a number of fun social activities and perks for our employees to reward them and help them unwind.

Great Learning Experience
Release Manager, Core Systems (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2018
Great place to work, learn and grow. Culture was amazing and they really believed in there employees. Was a startup in 2009 and have really grown. Truly believe in the company.
3 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Rakuten Kobo and to tell others how great our company is! We are pleased to hear that you found Rakuten Kobo to be a great place to work, learn, and grow, and that you had an overall positive experience while working with us.

Productive and fun workplace at Kobo
Functional Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2018
Kobo Inc. gives a very good platform to apply to knowledge and learn more while being productive. The work culture at Kobo Inc. is extremely cool and provides an excellent work life balance.
Pros
Work Life balance
3 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience of working at Rakuten Kobo. We are happy to hear that you were able to apply your knowledge while working as a Functional Analyst, and that you felt an excellent work life balance. Our employees are what makes our company great, and we are happy that you got to experience our work culture.

Great Company
Android Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario13 June 2018
Great multicultural Company with great corporate culture. The time I worked there all the android team were very helpful, Many things to learn, great organisation.
Pros
many perks
3 December 2018

We are delighted to hear that you a positive experience working with Rakuten Kobo, and that your team was helpful! Thank you for taking the time to write this review and to share your experiences with us.

good place to work in Canada`
Sr Vendor Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2016
there aren't many choices in Canada and Rakuten Kobo is one of the best choices you can land on to in high tech industry
Kobo overview
Inbound Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2016
Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint, determining the cause of the problem,and explaining the best solution to solve the problem by correction or adjustment. following up to ensure resolution.Learned how to multitask and meet deadlines.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Deadlines
Fast Paced
Director - Head of Department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2016
Fast moving start up with focus on growing the business and brand recognition.

Multinational experience representing 16 languages and 3 channels of support.
Pros
People
Productive Environment
TECHNICAL SUPPORT & PROJECTS DEPARTMENT (Current Employee) –  toronto23 June 2015
I would not recommend this workplace to anyone I know. The most enjoyable part of this job was when I clocked out to go home for the day (although I usually left with a huge headache that would go away as soon as I left the building).
Pros
pay is decent
Cons
no growth
Challenging and rewarding work environment.
PRODUCT DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2015
Great set of coworkers who are extremely bright and talented. Open work environment fosters cross collaboration of different disciplines.
Dynamic work environment
Senior Analyst, Treasury and Corporate Finance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2015
Kobo is a very exciting company to work with. The management team is very open-minded in term of new ideas that can improve productivity. All of teams I have worked with were action-oriented and very flexible. The atmosphere is dynamic and highly-efficient. I will recommend Kobo as a great work place.
Perfect Place for work, enjoy and have lots of fun...
Technical support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2015
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the project team meeting. Work on task given by Team leads, very good management with friendly colleagues .Most enjoyable part of work is to work with team.
A Young and Energetic Company
Supply Chain Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2014
a typical day at work: Busy and time flies fast
what you learned: Work hard and play hard
management: Inspiring and Motivational
your co-workers: Professional and friendly
the hardest part of the job: Fast changing environment and full of challenges
the most enjoyable part of the job: Full of excitement and learning new things every day
Badly managed
graphic designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto16 May 2014
We could have done very good work at Kobo. Our design team was enthusiastic.

But we were hobbled at every opportunity by a lack of vision from upper layers and on the more immediate level, account and project managers who did not take our needs as designers into account but immediately conceded to any point the internal clients demanded, generally throwing us (the design team) under the bus.

Screaming matches could be heard around the (open concept) offices on a near daily basis. I once had to redo an entire month-long project FOUR TIMES from scratch because the client refused to created a brief, or stick to any of their previous demands, and the studio management would not stand up to them.

The entire team was once told to stay late to redo a project due to a VPs incompetence, and was threatened with firing if anyone left before midnight.

And then there are the yearly mass layoffs.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Everything else
Visible company strategies, productive, and casual team environments
Intermediate Software QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2014
Agile methods allow team to work effectively. Require instant feedback (so less tiers/ process).

As company grows, process grows too. New management roles are often opened or replaced. Lots of room for opportunity for junior level positions in a span of a year.

Difficult part of job are the short deadlines - often have to put in long hours.

Best part is working in team environments, and helping each other meet each others' deadlines. Afterall it is the collective effort that helps QA signoff on the software releases.
Pros
Free lunches/dinners, transport if you work overtime, can work from home
Kobo is fun!
QA Test Automation Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2014
Very open company. Great experience, learned the fundamentals of testing. very easy to communicate with other coworkers since it is so open. The hardest part would be when we have a big project to work on, and you have to take extra time out of your schedule. The most enjoyable part was that it felt so free.
Kobo
Manager Italian Q Team (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2014
I am eager to be sending my resume for the position that you require. You will be pleased to know that I have 8+ years experience in various customer service positions from all around the world and that I am fluent in English and Italian, as both of them are my first language(and also Spanish but more basic school). I believe my skills in these areas will be very extremely useful to your company.
Great environment
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On9 October 2013
respond to customer technical issues via email.
Ive learned how to take and track orders, fix order discrepancies
the management is good and is willing to help in time of need.
co workers are always willing to help resolve issues and get the job done.
trying to resolve issues with irate customers and helping them understand the process involved.
sharing great experiences with the staff and co workers of a satisfied customer.
Pros
job perks link discounted merchendise
Cons
long hours on holidays
Cool Culture
content dev (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2013
Cool Culture, low pay, long hours. Your enjoyment will depend on what department you work at
It was a contract job
Exchange Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2013
My contract ended because they don't have much business these days
Cover Letter
multilingual customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2013
Dear Hiring Manager,

I work with a “Can do” attitude. My favorite quote is “Nothing is impossible”.
I am ambitious, flexible, goal-oriented, service-orientated and a strong team-player with broad communication skills. I learn new systems quickly and am able to work in many different environments.

I have 3+ years customer service and I like to identify & resolve issues to find the best long term solution, always.
I am used to communicate by phone, email or face to face. I love to serve customers with my skills, my personality and my experience. My goal is to keep the customer happy.
I believe that I would an asset to your office, because I provide quality and timely services.
This position would provide me with the ideal opportunity to assist at your organization and to expand my skills.
My schedule is flexible, and I would be available to work at your convenience.
Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you to arrange an interview.

A typical day at work is very great, I work on the phone, by emails in French and in English. I take 50 calls per day.

I learn a lot of things especially about customer care rules and sofwares, as I work in a Ereader company.

My co-workers are very nice and young, they are open-minded. I like to work in a team.

There is no hardest part of the job, I really like to come to work and serve customers, in English and French.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rakuten Kobo Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Rakuten Kobo Inc. Reviews by Location