Rainforest Learning Centre

Rainforest Learning Centre Employee Reviews

Cooperative family like work environment

At Rainforest Learning Centre there is a feeling of a family environment when you’re at work. This is so beneficial because you spend so much of your time while at work. Management is on top of making sure everyone’s credentials are up to date, helping you out in case you may not realize something of yours is expiring. They hold high standards of professional development, hosting pro d days to make sure you stay on top of keeping up on development hours in order to renew your licence. I feel like I’m able to bring anything I’d like to up to management and they’ll always discuss my ideas with me. It’s a work environment that you’d like to keep long term, that’s for sure.

Fun/fast paced place to be.

I have worked for Rainforest for 4 years. It has been a great 4 years with a lot of growth within myself and the company. I have been given opportunities that I never thought I would have. Staff receive training that the company pays for, paid vacation, RRSP plan, fair wages and more. The support of the management team has been incredible. The senior management team has listened to the managers, heard them and provided what they can. The owner supports the staff and backs them up at all times, if needed.

Wonderful families and coworkers to work with

Rainforest Learning Centre is a great place to work. The children and parents are like family and it is a fun/fast paced environment. You work with a great team of teachers. You get to be the teacher you want to be!

Fun and Creative Environment

At Rainforest Learning Centre I have been given the freedom to develop as an Early Childhood Educator. Management provides clear and defined guidelines for the centre programming but is not rigid in its implementation . I have been encouraged to take those guidelines and incorporate my own philosophies and ideas. The only limitations are the ones that I create.

Pros

Flexibility

Management did not communicate with employee.

The children were exceptional, management was not. I carried forth as an instructor with no communication to discuss the educational format from the Manager.

Pros

no free lunches

Official response from Rainforest Learning Centre

1 February 2021
Hello, we are not sure whether you are leaving a review for the right company. At Rainforest Learning Centre in the Vancouver area, in Canada, we definitely invite our staff to discuss educational topics. We host monthly staff meetings for this purpose. We also have an HR person who visits staff and schools weekly. Any staff members can bring up issues through that route. We have a fully developed curriculum that our staff are trained in when they are first hired. We also provide two in-house training days per year, where guest teachers are brought in. Of course, dialogue can be had at those times too.

no support system

Owner does not care about staff and if your hardworking, don't go out of your way to prove yourself...no one cares. You are on your own, most likely with no training. I worked for this employer for 5 years and thought I had a good relationship with the owner. When I was placed with a baby for the purpose of adoption instead of granting my parental leave she fired me. Well guess what EI Canada said I qualify for parental leave.

Official response from Rainforest Learning Centre

1 February 2021
We are sorry you feel this way. However, we would like to point out a few facts that would change the perception of the story you are telling. We feel it is not completely told, and is thus, unfair.Firstly, everyone we hire is previously trained as an ECE through an educational institution. This is a standard, legal requirement for the job. We are not sure what you mean by not having training or support, or being on your own. Regarding training, we provide two, in-house staff training days per year, and bring in external guest teachers for those events. We also coordinate lesson planning and ask our staff for feedback at our weekly meetings, which you were a part of.Regarding "being on your own," legally, we have to have a certain number of staff watching a given group of children. Outside of the COVID-19 pandemic, as you know, our staff spends a lot of time together outside of work. We host activities and try to ensure our team is bonding.As for Employment Insurance and parental leave, the eligibility requirements for those are determined by the government, not us. You were assessed by them, and we could not have changed that outcome for you in any way. So, this is not our fault at all. We are not sure why you are bringing that up here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rainforest Learning Centre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement