RAINCITY HOUSING

RAINCITY HOUSING Employee Reviews

Canada4 reviews
Social control training center
There is very little housing and community support work happening at Raincity Housing. I found the job consumed my whole life and during the duration of working there many of my benefits were taken away.
A smoke screen of empathy
Sadly, Raincitys "mission" is a smoke screen. Mgmt are 75% related. There is no progressive client support, empathy or resources offered. Weak management, no backbone to support staff against internal bullying and harassment. Honestly its certainly a confidential safe house for criminals, and and if anything, promotes free range drug use & escalation. Cliquey staff, . If i could replace the invome elsewhere, i wouldnt hessitate. Im embarrassed to be a oart of this organization. Theyre kidding themselves. It just a mean$ for their paychecks
Pros
Could be a great job, if your morale and integrity remains in tact
Cons
The cons ARE the ones rallying for the community support and approval
Highly demanding, at times emotionally exhausting but also enriching
Working with folks struggling with mental health and substance misuse. Supporting the needs of vulnerable populations can come in many forms. Many folks we serve have compromised immune systems and health challenges that require intensive care. Sometimes the work is relaxed consisting of sharing meaningful conversations, community building, or preparing food. Other times it is more challenging as we respond to opioid overdoses and de-escalate violent situations.
Great place to help others
If you are looking for a job where you get to help others and don't mind staff politics and indecisive managers then this is the place for you. Proof that formal education alone does not make a great manager.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at RAINCITY HOUSING. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5