Rainbow Greenhouses Inc Employee Reviews

Not the worst but far from the best
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 February 2019
Management floats site to site and are not dealing with the day to day issues. They hire untrained staff and don't offer any training. Last min shift changes are hard when you have kids. Less than 2 hours notice.
Pros
Work with pretty flowers.
Cons
Unapproachable management.
13 February 2019

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we welcome all feedback and the chance to improve and coach our team. Shift changes can be a result of the weather or delivery times changing.

Training in the field has also improved and training guides will be provided to the team leaders of each store and regular follow up by the regional supervisor to ensure it is being implemented.

love the outdoor work with plants
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 February 2019
if you love physical work and the outdoors this is a great seasonal job.
their technology for reporting rarely functioned. management supportive. admin not so much.
I've been in this business for a long time and this company is very trustworthy when it comes to payroll.
patience is key when dealing with retail partners. but all in all a good seasonal gig
Pros
outdoor work
Cons
poor technology
Great Company
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 October 2018
Just as the title says Rainbow is a great company all around. Great people in the field as well as in the office.

The owners are very engaged in the business and are very open to new ideas from anyone on the team. I work in the field daily during the peak season daily, and the field people make this job so much fun. They are funny, strong, passionate people that love this job!

The hardest part of this job is the most rewarding, getting up earlier and unloading and moving racks make for a long day, but when the customers come to talk about how beautiful your store set up looks it makes it all worthwhile.

I have learned so much in such a short period of time from the planning, shipping, and execution in the field. The experience you get from working at Rainbow is truly a great feeling.

I would recommend working with us, you will see the difference the people make!
Pros
Great people and great experience
Cons
Peak season is too short!
Productive and fun
Sales (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC22 October 2018
Rainbow has provided me with a livelihood in a great team atmosphere. Challenging yet fun. It can be both rewarding yet stressful. If you like routine and do not mind peaks and valleys, Rainbow could be good for you. If you can handle the pressure brought on by deadlines and you like the satisfaction brought on by moving large numbers of great product, this is your ideal work environment. Management has set you up to run with a great team to achieve company sales goals. Even after being in the industry a long time, I was still able to learn and grow at Rainbow.
Pros
Family Evironment. Fun to work here.Familiar with the industry.
Cons
No Profit Share
Busy during spring season
Plant line Worker (Former Employee) –  Iron Springs, AB4 September 2018
Is a great job if you want a lot of hours during the spring and minimal hours during other seasons. Not great pay but lots of hours to make up for it. Great employees and fun management. Gets boring if you don't like doing the same tasks everyday. You know when you walk into work exactly what your day is gonna look like.
Pros
great coworkers and management, occasional free lunches and snacks
Cons
low wage, long hours
22 October 2018

We take great pride in making sure we are doing all we can for any member of the team. Thank you for being a part of Rainbow and we are constantly reevaluating or processes and associate wages.

Fun, physical job working outdoors
Seasonal Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2018
I was a merchandiser with the company for two summers. Early shifts with long hours doing a lot of heavy lifting during the busy planting season. Duties included unloading product, arranging attractive displays, pricing and putting up appropriate signage. Co-workers were a lot of fun, and working outside in the sunshine is great! Being able to work independently and take your own breaks was also a benefit for me. Expect to build up some muscle and get a serious tan!
22 October 2018

Here at Rainbow, our doors are always open come back anytime!

This was aseasonal and temporary job.
Greenhouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC2 April 2017
It was great a temporary and and seasonal job. A very early morning 5.00 am start shift. This was the toughest part of that job. Coworkers and management was cooperative.
Cons
Very early hours
Decent work place, with wonderful coworkers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Iron Springs, AB21 January 2016
Typical day at work would be arriving at 7 am, planning out what needed to be done for that day.
During the spring shipping season, I was in charge of which workers were picking certain orders, making sure the carts of plants were presentable, wrapped, and ready to be loaded on to trucks. Most of the days during spring ship were very long hours, mostly 10-14 hour days.
During the summer, I was in charge of counting all inventory of pots, trays, and tags; making sure everything was sorted on to proper pallets and placed in their correct spot. Most of these days were the basic 8 hour days.
Enjoyed co-workers
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC16 March 2015
I enjoy my job and co-workers, I have the potential to learn Spanish, and have medical and dental benefits. Rainbow is very family friendly and very flexible.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough hours and better pay
Rewarding place to work
Dispatcher/Driver/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack BC22 April 2012
Great people in place throughout organization. If trusted they will leave you alone to do your job. There are a lot of benefits working there including lunches and a overall good rapport.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rainbow Greenhouses Inc. Our community is ready to answer.