RailWorks Corporation

RailWorks Corporation Employee Reviews

Great people and projects

Great group of guys, care about their work and each other. Still a little old school in the workplace harassment and discrimination from senior management across the border in corporate, but overall great company.

Pros

Good pay, benefits, and people

Cons

Not much work life balance

Horrible management

Worst company I’ve ever worked for no communication or planning is possible. Management uses employees as fall people for their mistakes. Good wages but useless work all work that has been done usually has to be redone 2 to 3 times because no one knows what their doing. Good job if you have no where else to go, but this company will use and abuse you and throw you under the bus to save themselves. Also Human Resources is corrupt and will lie every time you need to talk to them their on vacation even if their not.

Pros

Free lunches on weekends

Cons

Horrible management

Productive and Fun

Work place culture is So very well managed. Will have great learning Experience at this Company. Research and development activities are held in here in Electrical CBTC Rail Systems.

Good company with lot of management issues

Company's management should change to a great extent. It's safety protocols are good ,but people do not grow easily in this company. Growth prospects are too low in the company

Pros

Good safety protocols

Cons

Management should improve

Was a decent emloyer

Enjoyed working there great workers and management Pay was fair for area job locations if you like downtown Toronto is ok Lots of time away from home Beautiful scenery get to see lots most people don’t see.

Disorganized management in signals is horrendous

Great money good benefits the signals department is horrendously managed. Managers expect you to go out and work but provided no track time or even knew you had to call in advance for rule 842 protection. Safety is let’s say only a priority when they want it to be they expect you to reverse equipment and hi rail units on foot without a radio sometimes for a mile or 2 at night. The construction side was no better management actually knows what their doing in that department only problem is it’s very cliquey so if you don’t become buddies with supervisors and foremen they just write you off. 10/10 would not recommend anyone working here

Pros

Great wage/benefits

Cons

Management doesn’t care about employees just the $

Tons of work and overtime if you want it.

They have All the toys and equipment to do a they job properly. Highest paid rail contractor in the GTA. Tons of hours and work if you want it. The president is great as are the field managers.

Pros

Tons of hour and great pay checks.

Cons

Lots of nightshift.

Lots of work

You are not treated the best, just a number for most of the employees. I was lucky to work with just a select few guys as mechanics and we had a lot more freedom

no life

to work for pnr means having no life. 99% of work is out of town. if you like going out of town every shift, this will be fine for you. expect to be laid off every winter

Good co-workers

A lot of travel with little to no appropriate reimbursement. Not paid for full travel time. Co-workers make the job easier. You literally work, eat and sleep the railroad.

It was fun working at PNR Railworks

I used to work as a estimator on design bid build project and as a project coordinator on design build project. I learned a lot of managerial skills by working there and I have been working in the office and on the site as well to look after for over all scenario of the project.

Safe and fun place

This was one of my first internships in university. I worked at the Signals office and I found the group of people there to be helpful and friendly. I learned about project management and got to go into the field and learn more about the railroad industry.

Rough around the Edges

So, the job description didnt match or relate to what I was doing. The company hand no HR department once so ever, the training was non existent, the employees working there are a bunch of hyper active beard heads who cant go more than 3 seconds without talking. Everyone working there is miserable, and there is a bad vibe about the place.

Mid management does know or care about what happens day to day

Mid management and upper management dont seem to care about daily work details, until something goes wrong. So the boots on the ground have to do more than expected just to get things done,safely and humanly. Which makes for a tight group of employees, so that's a good thing.

Subjected to being a tool

Train buffs and uneducated fans of pretending they use a politically correct approach to hiring. Their fake contracted money greedy contractor's thats all. Unionized workers diseased with yes man syndrome.. boring hard work no thanks. If youre nothing but a strong person with no money take this job than try amd get fired.

Mixed emotions

A lot of the questiones required a real answer, not a star rating. Yeah we get paid vacation but you have to accumilate vacation pay, then request it to actually use it. Bout 4% of your gross wages per cheque (weekly), management has its draw backs with certain people, however.. the family atmospheric feel of PNR's employees & managers/supers makes all the difference

Good place for a first internship

Good experience

All around fairly good company to work for. With recent changes it is hard to see a good outcome. Good pay, lots of over time. Budget cuts don’t allow enough staff for jobs at hand

Okay place to work

Good people work there, if you have a positive attitude and get along with them you will do well. The wages are very good, management could be better, unless that has changed.

Over 10 Years within the company.

Worked as a general labourer within the company for over ten years. Job was physically demanding and constantly adapting to new changes. Management rotated a lot but always had a well upbeat environment. Hardest part of the job was constant shift changing and the impact on my family. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customer relations and working alongside my coworkers.

Challenging

New challenge every day, good opportunity to learn and develop professional skills. Long work hours and work on the weekends Great managers, supevisor and employees.

Pros

Challenging

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RailWorks Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement