Rail-Term Inc. Employee Reviews

Overall, good company
Office worker (Current Employee) –  Canada4 May 2018
I really like working here. The hours are flexible as long as I get my job done. Salary is very good. I get along with most of the people here. Like every company, there are some bad apples, but that's to be expected.
Pros
salary, flexibility
Good place to work with a decent balance between work and family.
Track Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON28 February 2018
If you are looking for a career where you can find a good balance between family and work come to Railterms track or signal department. Yes it is still railroading and you will be on call and required to work some nights and weekends but unlike the larger class 1 railways you will not be “just a number”. You will be part af a team that provides a great service to our customers and actually works together to foster a safe workplace with a positive culture.
The owners are good honest people who care about keeping us safe and happy and strongly support a Q4 management team that works together fairly well.
The pay and benefits (iPhone included) are good. There is more than ample opportunities for personal development and career advancement. Overall we are a group of hard working people proud to be railroaders. Awesome place to work!!
Pros
Good culture, good people, iPhone, flexible management.
Cons
Sometimes long hours weekends.
The Work is good
Shutter (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 January 2018
Management wants to micro manage and hold u to the rules but break the rules to work in their favour .
They make their on laws that work for them , don’t care about the workers till this day they can’t keep the ones that’s there no accommodations and it’s just about them it’s a company that is running very cheap and workers are under paid
Pros
Nothing to say
Cons
More work less pay, no accommodations to workers
high turn over
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2018
Lets not kid around, this company is always looking for people......that speaks volumes. Any idiot can figure that out. Unfortunately its not management. I see adds for people all the time at the same locations in Ontario. I think its safe to say this company is a loser. Rail-Term why haven't you?
Pros
Cons
read the posts
Lachine is a death trap.
Shunt Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC8 January 2018
Since you are a contractor, it is CP over railterm employees. The atmosphere is extremely toxic because CP bosses want you fired and your supervisor only wants to impress CP. The turn over rate is extremely high because the pay is decent for new drivers, but the stress is too high.
Pros
Brain dead job.
Cons
24/7 job.
No work life balance
Signal maintainer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 June 2017
Working at a Railterm as a signal maintainer I experienced a toxic work culture. Railterm does not hold its employees in high standing, they do not care about life outside of work and expect blood sweat and tears.

The compensation is far below the industry standard and the company makes no effort to provide for their employees, this is accurately represented in the high turn over rate.
Pros
Overtime... if you like that
Cons
Overtime mandatory, no support, poor management
Safety is a key factor
Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC29 May 2017
Management is very focus on safety and employees are encouraged to bring any concerns. Communication is important for RailTerm.

There is always someone available to support the employee.

We are part of the team more than we feel like we are employee in a company.Very good company to work for.
Pros
Respect
Employer with genuine concern about safety
Trackman (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 May 2017
Holding a position in track maintenance, I must say that RailTerm management is truly concerned about the safety of its workers in the field.

We have frequent safety calls and bulletins issued to address various safety related topics/hazards.

The railway is a high risk industry, but this company puts a lot of efforts in the mitigation of hazards.
Pros
Safety Culture
Cons
Overtime required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rail-Term Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.