Radisys Corporation Employee Reviews

Radisys was a positive working experience
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL20 February 2018
Working at Radisys was a good experience. The management worked well with the people working under them. The working environment was collaborative and easy going.
Easy Work Enviroment-But Stressful due to business outlook
Materials Planner, Sr (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR8 February 2018
The company has had many changes in my 8 years their. I have witnessed more that 8 layoffs and it has been stressful due to the business outlook. You wonder daily when your time is up. However, the easy going nature of the job was a benefit. Not much stress only during month end and quarter end and year end closing.
Was a great place to work when I was there
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR1 February 2018
In the early days it was fun and exciting. To go from 50 people to thousands was great.

The CEO was awesome until replaced. Then things started to fall apart.
Competitive environment
Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, Karnataka30 January 2018
its a nice place to work. you need to have zeal to work. it has young crowd which brought the best in me. it has a very competitive environment which makes you stretch extra hours which can extend for week.
nice place to work
Senior Systems Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR17 January 2018
Very supportive core and management team. I learned alot working there. The products are interesting but its hard to sell something when there are few paying customers. Radisys's customers teases more often than committing to sales, causing financial strains on the company.
Pros
salary, coffee
Cons
long work hours, night and weekend calls with asia
productive and fun place to work
Tester (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR13 October 2017
most of the jobs have moved off shore

it snows for a week twice a year in Hillsboro

an out doors place to work, fishing, hiking, water and snow skiing
Hard times, company struggling
Customer Service Representative 3 (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR28 August 2017
I enjoyed my time at Radisys. People were professional and friendly, casual work environment. You were encouraged to work independently, no micro-managing. I would still be there but the company is struggling badly and they are restructuring.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
No job security
A pleasant company to work for
Senior Business Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  深圳市23 August 2017
A pleasant company to work for. The management is very open-minded and not micro-manage people. They give you the freedom to be creative. The company provides the necessary tools and trainings for employee to facilitate the job.
Management sucks
Technical lead (Former Employee) –  Bangalore16 March 2017
Technology is not updated, funding on old legacy product revenue, no new ideas, Old management, politics. No learning curve shown. Uses old inhouse tools for testing which does not prove the capability of the products developed.
Pros
All three meals provided.
Cons
No good. Management has to change, all senior managers are over paid, no skill development.
It was a wonderful experience with Radisys. I got to know many different technologies,overall it was a great learning.
Senior Software Engineer (Test) (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka14 February 2017
it was a wonderful experience with Radisys. I got to know many different technologies, overall it was a great learning.
Radisys Managment was vey cool and work culture was really nice.
Advanced Technical Telecom Company
Senior Global Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA14 February 2017
Company is changing to meet the always changing market expectations. Customer base is world-wide and products are on the cutting edge. Company is evolving now.
Pros
good compensation, publicly owned
Cons
can be stressful
Great company
Lead Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX21 January 2017
Great place to work and I had a great relationship with the upper management. I was able to learn new skills and achieve goals that i never knew were possible.
Innovative and transforming company
Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR30 December 2016
Many great people working there. Radisys reinvented itself many times in last decade. They are able to find a way to survive and succeed in a difficult telecom market.
Productive and fun workplace
Engineering Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR16 November 2016
Maintaining production schedules, Troubleshooting,Using computerized tools and enjoy working with all my co-worker
stressful, politics
Manufacturing Operations Director (Former Employee) –  深圳市5 May 2016
China operation team is a strong team , but, Corperate senior managment does not enpower the local leader to run the entire operations in China, many interuption from headquarter to the local executions
Pros
salary package
Cons
politics
Good to work
Hardware Engineer, Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX8 October 2015
People are nice to work with.
Fun at work with supportive management.
Good healthcare insurance and vacation benefits.
Company bet the "farm" on the telecomm market in 2000 and lost.
Quality Systems and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR2 June 2015
Many diverse products when I joined in 1997. Very fast growth then through early 2000, fun environment and great teamwork at the Operations level in Mfg.
Pros
Great people, products & customers
Cons
End of quarter push every quarter
Dying vine
Finance (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR2 March 2015
Over the last few years, there has been a lot of change at this company. The changes stemmed mainly from sending manufacturing overseas (so, lay-offs made sense). However, Radisys recently began a new round of lay-offs affecting GA. Those that are left are reeling from the news that they have terminated positions for our key engineering people, as well as folks from HR, our lawyer and our facilities team. The outlook is bleak. We feel that either the company is going to be sold or go under. The general consensus is to look for a job. We've lost all our good people. Yet, they promote people into higher positions who have no background/experience to back such promotions.
Pros
Have a job...today.
Cons
Bleak outlook, constant lay-offs, good people let go while inexperienced people get promoted.
Excellent blend of highly skilled workforce and teamwork
Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, India22 October 2014
A typical day at work included doing the assigned tasks by a given time just like any other company, but what set this company apart from the rest of the companies is that each one may be assigned tasks which they've never done before and from various disciplines. This may include development, debugging, testing a product, helping with documentation and doing all this while trying to meet deadlines. This makes the work at RadiSys quite challenging but also very fruitful. At the end of my tenure at RadiSys, I had learnt how to deal with debugging issues that RadiSys' customers had rasied, helping with the development of projects, debugging in fields such as networking, he;ping the documentation team with the finer details of the project/product (as it was a product based company).
When learning anything new, the coworkers help getting you up to speed so that you can learn faster and meet deadlines. The most challenging part of the job was mainly dealing with the multiplexed roles of a developer, debugger, tester and documentation help , but this was exactly what made the job satisfying and helped keep you on your toes so that we are never bored. Doing those challenging things only made me get better at all those things gradually.
Pros
Free lunch, Open environment, Lunch trips
Cons
Only yearly health check ups, no outdoor sports facilities
good internship place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OR23 September 2014
It is a good place to start an internship. I learned many details of Tcp/IP protocol and how to set up servers. The management is loose since I am an intern. Co-workers are nice, they like new technologies and they do too much about their family in the workplace. My hardest part is reading the Perl code because I did not know anything about Perl at that time. The most enjoyable part of my internship is designed the UI.
Pros
Learned many networking stuff
Cons
Do not have enough work to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Radisys Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.