Radisson Hotel Group

Radisson Hotel Group Employee Reviews for Banquet Server

I love the Radisson brand and all its hotels but the one in Winnipeg is managed by Canad Inns and in my personal opinion they are running it to the ground. The people working inside that beautiful hotel is the reason why guests from different countries stay and may have the slightest chance of leaving a great, if not a good impression of the hotel. Change management please.
It was a lot of multi tasking and lots of exertion, which would make it go by quickly. If there wasn't much going on it would be slow in terms of hours. Management ultimately is what made me leave the job because they can down way too hard on everyone.
Pros
Witness events
Cons
Poor management
I worked at the Radisson on Derry rd in Ontario, Canada. Management was horrible, you’d get paid once a month but half the time they would forget to pay you so you’d go three months without getting paid. Everyone treated you horribly and it was obvious you were just working cattle for them, they didn’t care for you at all.
all the people there are really nice , its great multicultural environment its been such a great working enviremont for all people i really enjoyed it
i work with the Radisson for 2 years. Staff, food and service are excellent, accommodating and professional. The location is ideal for industrial worker and the atmosphere is pleasant.
Pros
flexible hours and free lunch
Cons
no medical benefits
I currently started working here. I loved the people I worked here. Some are not very professional when it comes to a certain place and time. But overall very good. Inconsistent hours as there are not that many events being booked.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Inconsistent hours
radisson hotel, sudbury is a great place to work. the most important thing is that all the team members are very friendly and always willing to help in any situation.
The company and the staffs are doing great in their work. When I got hired in this hotel they provided me everything that I have to know about the company including training and seminars before they put me on the floor. The bosses are easy to talk to.
i had just one problem and it was the pay, we got minimum wage for something that was more than that, the staffs were good to work with tho.
Typical day: -Set up function -Serve function -Disassemble function -Set up next function I learned how to better refine my customer service skills. Management often went through more difficulties than staff. During winter, specifically Christmas, Supervisors and Managers could often be seen for 14-15 hours at a time. My co-workers were all kind individuals and hard working. Carrying a tray of heavy glass on my right hand for hours on end would off-set my spine causing agonizing aches. I was provided with training on the bar, something I found calming, fun and different. If a bartending position ever became available, I would apply immediately.
Pros
Free lunches/dinners after functions
Cons
Mostly a night job. A few nights would be spent from 5 PM until 4 AM
not a boring place. everyday is a good day for me at work. i love how they treat people/us.