Radisson Hotel Group

Radisson Hotel Group Employee Reviews

Found 168 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,212 reviews

Insights into Radisson Hotel Group

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Kitchen was a fun place to work

Only major downside is there is little to know work, busiest the restaurant got was 16 tables. Tge hotel was more concerned about promoting tge rooms with very little promotion of the restaurant

Pros

Free food, laid back, friendly coworkers

Cons

Not busy enough

Worked for previous ownership that was always cutting labour costs which in turn affected the level of service and staff morale.

Older hotel property, in need of constant repair. Very limited parking available for day events or even hotel guests. Looked after sales and marketing for the hotel and restaurant and was also dumped on with the catering mgr duties on 3 separate occassions because of turn over. Mid management was expected to work long hours with no overtime or compensation. American owned company at the time, new ownership now.

Pros

It was a job

Cons

It was a job that didn't pay well

Offer full time

They do not offer you 15 minute breaks and they only schedule you for 7.5 hour days, which doesn’t allow you to work 40 hour weeks. Management is not professional at directing staff. They make you cheat the system.

Staff are awesome company is not

Not good wages or salary.Always understaffed and overworked.Make you feel like your not valued and you can always be replaced.Never listen to your ideas or concerns

Rewarding, wholesome, cordial

Ive been working for more than 24 years since i started and this company is great to work for.I have freedom of doing things at my own pace and as long as i don't daydream at my desk and the staff are friendly.They give me projects to work on with ample time and resources and i do get so many thank you's that i dont know why i worked elsewhere.We've got a new boss and shes great. Tough but always fair and caring.We like her so much that for her birthday we all got together and sang her Happy Birthday on a video conference. We all did it because for our birthday shes always buying us lunch and taking care of us. And it doesnt stop there.

Pros

pace, appreciated, projects, boss

Cons

distractions, parking when its busy, projects are challenging, boss can be tough

Worked at the hotel for 2 1/2 years

I worked at Radisson Red Deer for 2 1/2 years...Start out was a bit choppy but once i got into it i was fine.The amount of info was alot but the pace of work was calm.I dont work there anymore because i had to move otherwise i'd still be there.

Pros

Great Benefits, Good Culture

Cons

Not enough days off

Official response from Radisson Hotel Group

28 June 2021
Hello,Thanks for your feedback.We try to give two consecutive days off to everyone even if its in the middle of a busy week.Warmest regards,Amin Suleman

Beautiful and Awesome Employers

This was the best hotel I ever worked for in my entire career.I learnt a lot about myself, career, abilities, discipline and capabilities. I don't regret working for them and certainly wouldn't mind working for them again.

Pros

Good benefits & incentives

Cons

Managements lack of proper investigation

Fun place to work, co workers are friendly and cooperative

I would recommend working here, even thou it can be very busy at times because we are in the heart of winnipeg. The pay is above minimum, full benefits after 1 year.discounts on rooms and meals. Friendly co workers

Pros

Good management, 50% discount on meals, friendly co workers, fix schedule

Cons

Benefit after 1 year, no union

Very good place to work, great people and management.

I would recommend this place to work to anyone because they pay good and paid for my plane ticket to and from Newfoundland. They also have me and my girlfriend a trailer to live in for free

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Early morning

Wonderful place , great coworkers if i could i would do it again

All in all great company to work for. Everyone was a team player and did what they had to do to get it done. Coworkers were friendly out going and enjoyed the job they had to do.

Not worth working for this company

This place has no work-life balance. Paystub is just a piece of cake. I would recommend not to work for companies like this. They have no criteria of treating their employees well.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Maybe it’s better being new but having been there and watch them do all this leaves you with no respect

They fired the management thinking they can take over themselves, most are rude , not a very great place at all anymore , use to be amazing at the start went down hill really fast.

Good Chain with limited North American Presence

Good international chain with limited presence in North America. Very strong brand in Europe and Asia. Competes with full service brands across the world.

Environnement de travail

L environnement de travail est magnifique. Le staff comme une seule famille. Les conditions de travail est très correcte . En résumé il y a un champ Pour être productif .

Pros

Repas gratuits. Formation gratuite.

Informative

Good workplace. learned a lot to start off my career. Management was great as a training point of view. Very helpful, and friendly. Coworkers were helpful too.

benefits

Cons

salary

Very busy place but was made easier with good staff and managment

The work environment was very busy. The culture was very formal as it is an historic railroad hotel from the first part of the century. Very beautiful.

Pros

great team of managers who supported each other when the time was required

Cons

Long hours but that is part of the business

very nice peoples and management in the hotel.

Working with multinational staff with gain full experience will have also very friendly staff, teamwork and all in a timely manner. all staff are very friendly and nice atmosphere to Edmonton as well to the airport 10 minute from the hotel.

Pros

we do have town hall meeting in a month while.

Cons

they will pay overtime as well.

great place

many things to learn. great experience. sometimes difficult but overall is a pleasant experience of working, the staff is friendly and helpful. new opportunities possible

worked there a while ago

worked there long time ago and pretty basic hotel front desk job. day to day transactions and people are friendly. I only worked there part time, and nice hotel

Great co-workers, Great workplace.

The people that I worked with at the hotel that I was employed at were some of the nicest and most welcoming people I have ever encountered. Soon after beginning my employment began, I encountered employees from all of the the various departments within the hotel, and befriended most of those that I did encounter, including some in management. The nature of those in management reflected the nature that I saw in the other employees. Overall, the experience I had working for the Radisson Hotel Group was very positive.

Good work place , horrible management

Was a very interesting place to work with lots of parties and functions for large groups, a good diversity of menus and food, management was very unhelpful and unprofessional,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Radisson Hotel Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K