Quiznos Employee Reviews

Found 237 reviews matching the search See all 1,663 reviews
Fun place to work as a partime
Clerk and manager assistant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 October 2018
Sometime there is only one clerks in the store, which is not safe and is too tired for one person closing the store.But overall, manager is nice and can take free food.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lonely work environment
Front Counter Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarenville, NL22 September 2018
I enjoyed working at this position. It was fast paced and I had the opportunity to serve and assist customers. I was able to work the hours that worked for me and they were very flexible with scheduling.
Pros
Schedule was flexible
Cons
Very busy at times
not a very good job,
Sub Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON7 September 2018
the environment was unclean, the managers didnt care much about hygiene or clealiness, overall it wasnt an easy company to work for. subway would have probably been better.
its fun
Key Holder and Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 August 2018
the place is goof to work at,, but the boss can be slightly not good at communication .work hours are long. no chance of advancement . but they pay on time
Pros
free food
Cons
no advancment
Productive fun work place!
Cashier and Sub Maker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON25 August 2018
I LOVED working at Quiznos, the people you work with are so delighful, they are upbeat and make your work day go by super fast. They will give you the training you need to get a succesful career at Quiznos , and they will give you help along the way :)
Pros
great people
Cons
There are none.
Sandwich, customer service.
sandwich artist and cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 August 2018
At quiznos the job was to serve sandwiches as they desire. It was fun to get to know customers. There was no hard part during the job. The management was very helpful. I learned how to treat the customers during rush hour. How to be patient.
Pros
employee discount
Great coworkers, stingy bosses
Cook/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 July 2018
What started off sour with "we wouldn't hire you, but we're desperate because someone quit on us", to finding out they wouldn't give pay raises for any reason, working for Quiznos was less still not the worst job I've had. The people I've worked with while employed there made the job not only bearable, but almost fun. The clientele was more often than not mentally sound, but that's fast food in a nutshell. The lack of pay increases and benefits got to the point where I stopped paying for food while working there, or even when visiting, unless a boss was there. I feel really sorry for the guy who worked there 7 years without a pay increase, which I don't think was legal. He didn't complain though, because of the flexible schedule. Also, not being able to work a 40 hour week because the hours "didn't work out that way" without working 6 days a week, was pretty disappointing as well. I don't think I would consider working at another Quiznos, unless it was with employers that could compete with decent wages and benefits.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No pay increases, no benefits
Productive, fast paced, and varied environment.
Inventory management (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2018
Customer oriented setting with a variety of tasks to help you become well rounded and experienced. Perhaps the greatest skill is learning to deal with customers who are unhappy, and how to resolve disputes amicably.
good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC2 July 2018
good. The job was a healthy work and life balance. it was in a good city. The team environment was really good. It was a good job. I was a positive working environment with good hours.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 July 2018
I was taught many new skills that I could carry on to my daily life. Overall it was an enjoyable job and the employees were encouraging and easy to work with.
Pros
Free lunches
Fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2018
You are assigned many different tasks such as cleaning, stocking , etc as well as being a sandwich artist. Not very sanitary at all and will go to lengths to save a dollar.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
un-consistent work schedule
pretty solid
Sub Prep/Cashier (Former Employee) –  calgary27 June 2018
pretty solid worked here for 2 years for basically minimum wage, I made sub at the sub shop they were better than sub par , I enjoyed submerging in the subs
Typical Fast Food.
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC26 June 2018
Making sandwiches, prepping food, cleaning up. You learn what kind of sandwiches you like. Fast paced at times, a bit boring when slow. Management did not follow rules well, had underage workers using equipment meant for 18+. Also gave access to keys and alarms to myself who was 15-16.
My day was enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 June 2018
My overall experience working at quiznos sub was enjoyable and, fun. I was able to work there and feel safe because of their comfortable and safe environment.
Fun and Trusting
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON15 June 2018
Very upbeat and management adapted training to be more personalized to each individual. The team was fun and upbeat, and the management insured that all skills you learned there were transferable.
As an owner operator at Quiznos it was a great learning experience
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2018
I was the owner operator at Quiznos, the initial training at Quiznos University followed by hands on experience of running a franchise with strict guidelines and procedures was training that can rarely be offered by other employment.
Terrible place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal31 May 2018
No help to the franchisees, royalties never stop when attendance drops, store owners have to buy every produce from the headoffice at higher than market price.
Friendly staff and good managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 May 2018
Working at Quiznos was very tedious, same tasks every day. I worked with people that were friendly and enjoyed it. Lunch times can be very stressful, you are always doing something and no time for breaks. It became a routine and the manager was one of the most understanding managers I have ever met. The staff became what I would consider family. I have never had a problem with the management or the way things ran with the company.
Pros
50% off during your shift
Cons
low pay no benefits
Workplace
Sandwich creator and cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2018
The workplace is great and allows you to grow in the company. The job requires you to learn a lot and be aware of a lot but that is part of any job. I would recommend.
Plus ou moins
Commis au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Lévis, QC15 May 2018
On se sent plutôt comme concierge, que commis à la réception.