Quiznos Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Found 14 reviews matching the search See all 1,663 reviews
As an owner operator at Quiznos it was a great learning experience
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2018
I was the owner operator at Quiznos, the initial training at Quiznos University followed by hands on experience of running a franchise with strict guidelines and procedures was training that can rarely be offered by other employment.
Workplace
Sandwich creator and cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2018
The workplace is great and allows you to grow in the company. The job requires you to learn a lot and be aware of a lot but that is part of any job. I would recommend.
Great atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2018
The managment was great as well as the co workers, customers were pleasant. It began great and was steadily busy but as time went on and new restaurants popped up, business started dying until it was unfortunately forced to closed.
Pros
Great good and good friends
Cons
It no longer exists
Nice place to work
Cook/Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2017
Family like environment , like to work , like to explore the culture of their permanent workers , helpful staff , free breakfast , two breaks , helpful to improve communication
fun work place
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
good work experience and learn very different things in work place.managment is really easy and perfect at work place.i learened customer service and cash counter from work place.
very nice environment with great people that was also very hard worker
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
i own that business and as an owner i usually work hard and efficient to be an example for my employee also i was very fair with them i show them respect and my trust .
Pros
free lunch for the people who work more than 4 hours
its a fun place to work
Sales Assistance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
quiznos is one of the best thing that has ever happened to me . its a safe environment to work , and with quiznos you grow you will start working in groups and before you know it you are on your own. the fun part of the job is you get to meet a lot different people interact with them , of course every job has there good parts and bad parts but so far have not seen any at quiznos. at quiznos they treat you like family we all work together effectively and efficiently. since I started working at quiznos my communication skills have improved a lot.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
when its slow
productive
sandwich maker/ cashier (Former Employee) –  toronto23 June 2015
friendly environments in all work places, good hours(@quiznos) and good pay. good managers,good relationship with managers. Nice work area, clean and environment friendly.
Pros
free lunch @subway, quiznos
Cons
not enough hours
Friendly yet professional atmosphere, where you can easily be challenged
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario29 September 2014
Normally, when opening or closing the store, there is quite a bit of prep work and cleaning to do. You must be able to multi-task and serve the customers in a timely manner. You quickly learn that the customer is always right, and you must do whatever you can to satisfy them. The best part of the job is that there were so many tasks to accomplish that you're always busy and the time flies. The most challenging aspect of this job, was the long hours.. sometimes you must stay late after close to finish all the prep and cleaning even though you came early to open. This requires a lot of organization and patience. The co-workers and management were all friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
Free meals, Regular customers, Simple recipes
Cons
limited opportunity for growth, no salary
My time in toronto
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  toronto on21 June 2013
I moved to toronto to sublet an apartment from my sister while she was out of town for several months. I started living on my own and working daily 6-7 hour shifts if not longer. I got to see people of all different creeds, colours and personalities walk into that small store in the heart of toronto and it opened my eyes to a world of true diversity. I did actions very similar to what I did at subway, I cleaned the store, prepped the food and served customers.
Pros
Half price lunches, great location, amazing customers, great co-workers
Cons
the owner was always busy with other buisnesses and so many problems went unaddressed, no room for advancement and no worker loyaltly was ever shown
Great work enviroment
Cashier/Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2012
Worked for a year
enjoyed the environment
Fast paced environment was suitable for me
a typical day consisted of working with customers and coworkers
Loved the fast paced environment
relaxing, fun environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2012
loved the people i worked with. had the privileged of working in different positions (hostess to cashier)
Fast paced work environment with the opportunity to relax when the time was perfect.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens Quay, Toronto Ontario20 August 2012
As I would open the the store, there was an opening sheet provided with the various duties set out for the day. After getting the meats cut and setting the displays, the front attendants would arrive for there sandwich assembling duties as well as mandatory clean up of the station and its surrounding areas. At this time I would be setting up a 5 day schedule and keeping in mind which employees needed days off. After calculating the total hours worked with over time and not going over the legal limits, only then would I go ahead and publish this schedule. I learned that many people have different ways of reacting to certain situations in a certain environment at a certain time. To keep everyone's integrity it was my responsibility to attend to any upset customers and complaints. I learned if these clients were ignored they would never come back to my store again, so I always provided them with a refund and a free meal which came out of my pocket. My co-workers thought of me as strict and responsible senior. The hardest part of my job was to terminate an individuals employment on the bases of theft, fraud, violence and also excessive no shows. The most enjoyable part was working within the city of Toronto at the heart of harbor front and the location was just ultimate.
Pros
guaranteed work hours.
Cons
long distance commute without a vehicle.