Quiznos Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

3.1Job Security & Advancement
Found 9 reviews matching the search See all 1,663 reviews
Fast food industry
Franchise Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 April 2018
Fast food environment. Gets very busy to very slow. Always have something to do, keeps you busy all the time. Great experience with various customers.
Pros
50%off food
Cons
Standing
fun, lousy workplace
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 November 2015
- customer service, cash, cleaning, closing, time management.
- cash, food preparation, customer service
- poor management
- kind, fun coworkers
Pros
1 free meal and unlimited drinks
Cons
Poor management, lousy sanitation, inadequate training
fun to work
Shift captain (Former Employee) –  ottawa canada7 April 2015
was good experience learn lots of stuff from there was fun to be around pay was good . jobs was flexible made lots of friends had good customer service experience
Pros
free food
Cons
no cons
Quiznos
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 March 2015
I love my job. Quiznos is a place where I can work and have fun. It helps you improve on skills where you wouldn't normally be working on in an every day life. Such as; making sandwiches by yourself in a busy hour. You need to learn how to be quick and get the job well done. My co-workers are very friendly, very easy to approach. Quiznos is a fast food where you can always get your food with a smile. The hardest part of the job can be that you are closing the store by yourself and it can be difficult at times but that's when you start to improve on your ability to work under pressure.
Pros
50% off on subs
very easy
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 April 2014
Once I learned the menu, I had absolutely no difficulty handling pretty much everything there. It is a very straightforward job. You cut meat, vegetables and cheese, keep track of the stock, do dishes, you keep things clean and respect the customers that come in. the management was horrible. My employers would talk about employees to other employees. which is ridiculously unprofessional and very rude. I still know the menu.
Fun workplace with great co-workers
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2014
• Management responsibility and employee supervision
• Extensive experience with training other employees
• Setting up, organizing the food counter, and preparing food for the following day
• Providing friendly customer service and ensuring quality assurance
It was my first job
Food Preparation and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario10 September 2013
Being my first job I cannot really complain. The boss was nice and I was given the keys to the store fairly quickly. Working in the fast food industry is never fun and the hours were poor as well.
Pros
good work envirnment
Cons
fast food industry
Working mostly alone for an unsympathetic business owner
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 January 2013
If I was working during the day time lunch hours, I often had the aid of my excellent supervisor, and at times the owner. After serving the lunch rush, the remainder of the day was comprised of food prep for next few days. If I was working during the evening, I was always alone and was tasked with cleaning, dishes and closing up the shop, while serving customers at the same time.

At Quiznos I learned a variety of food-related skills, and things to always keep in mind when working with perishable products. Time management was essential when working alone.

Though the owner was highly motivated to keep the restaurant running and being successful, they did not put a great deal of effort or money into the idea. Flexibility was a complicated luxury. I was often finding myself with surprise shifts landing in my lap without question.

My two co-workers made working this job tolerable. They were both in the same situation, and we bonded over it. Virtually all daily and weekly tasks were consulted with my supervisor, as she in essence, ran the restaurant. One summer, the three of us sat down and devised a permanent schedule and were granted permission to work hours we were comfortable with.

The hardest part of the job was definitely working for the specific owner. They found every possible way to save money, if that meant selling scraps to revered customers, and we had to go along with it. I became upset to learn that we were being paid less than we were working on a few occasions.

Working alone was double sided. Even though it was difficult at times to juggle all the tasks, I found
  more... some comfort in being able to structure my evenings as I thought best. Working with the supervisor in the day time was also enjoyable.  less
Pros
relationships with co-workers, autonomy during the evening
Cons
difficult scheduling, surprise shifts, loss of pay