Quinte Health Care

Quinte Health Care Employee Reviews

Canada35 reviews
Its a hospital, what else can i say
12 hours shifts throughout most units in the hospital. The people are what make the job. Management could get with the program though. No one is on the same page and every floor is run like it is its own entity, which can be very frustrating if you have to float. "Float pool" doesn't actually float around the hospital, and unit staff are often floated to floors with needs.
Great job, not so great morale/environment
I had a great time as a Medical laboratory technician. It was a great opportunity and experience. Management could've been more efficient and effective. Benefits were only good to cover medications. Full time at this place is a curse. Everyone who went full time got sick and didn't get any support.
Low moral
Management not willing to stand up for their employees. At times a hostile work environment, especially on some units. Not enough orientation for new employees.
Rpn
Solid fast paced work environment for those who want to work it's available for you. Must be a team player and work well under pressure. You create your own success within this company
Lots of hours then zero hours
Great people to work with. Great pay.
Too many weekends and unexpected days to work. Scheduling was a disaster.

Lots of hours in the summer then no hours for the fall and winter.

Very hard job to juggle with a family.

If you love to work and have no life, this is the job for you!
Nice place to work
Enjoyed my time working at QHC, coworkers were great and there was a sense of community as everyone would help each other out if needed. Loved having the opportunity to help feel like i was making a difference in the patients life and enjoyed keeping high cleaning standards.

Bit tricky for a work/life balance as any Health Care position, majority of my shifts were call-ins but it did help me gain more hours so it was appreciated!
Corporation does not support staff and doesn't follow union contracts
Managers hire whoever they want, despite seniority or union contracts. ONA grievances are staggering, with regard to unsafe workload, unwillingness to pay OT, fire staff for ridiculous reasons, promoting incompetent managers, favouritism, back stabbing, dog eat dog culture. Lack of emphasis on education, taking pay incentives for highly educated individuals. Team leads pick their favourites, targeting those they don't 'like'. Good place to get hired to add experience to your resume, then RUN as far away from QHC as possible. The corporation is only concerned with how they look to the public; you are punished for standing up for your profession, safety and voicing concerns to the public taxpayers who pay our wages.
great group of co-workers
enjoy the patients and the staff, clean work environment however not enough consistent hours and parking is a huge issue for staff and can be very costly
Excellent
Excellent workplace great supportive environment. HOOP Pension. Excellent staff and management. Enjoy interacting with patients and families as well as being supportive of team members.
QHC is a great place to work and I've enjoyed a number of roles in the past 5-years. We are fortunate to work with the most skilled professionals and our compensation and benefit programs are some of the best offered in the area. We are very lucky to have opportunities to grow and develop! So many Heroes at our 4 hospitals!
Awesome place to work
I thoroughly enjoy working here! I work with a wonderful supportive team. It's a friendly environment that allows you to learn with a lot of opportunities!
Worst place I’ve ever worked
I can’t even describe it. Nurses eat their young and they really do. I worked in medicine and felt like I was consistently putting patients at risk with my lack of experience and when I requested more training it was declined.
Pros
Good pay
Psw/ucc
Sucked when I got bumped from my position by a returning staff member and I did not have enough seniority to arbitrate it with the union, I will never again apply to work in the QHC organization
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hrs, back stabbing
A great place to develop and grow
A great place to develop and grow - started as a placement student and have continued to grow my knowledge, skills, and abilities throughout my employment with QHC
Terrible management
Management is horrible. So many politics. Your treated like just a number. Human Resources is a joke. So much favouritism in the whole hospital. If your money hungry this might be a good job for you. If you want to be treated with respect and not like a child, then stay away from this place.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Too much to write
crazy
Very busy unorganized medical floor with patient to staff ratio being insane, management untrustworthy, patient care is not where it should be, our health care system going down the toilet.
stressful,, lots of responsibility, no flexibility
An atmosphere of stiff management, unable to voice concerns without feeling of flashback on self or others.
HR inflexible, not approachable.

Salary and benefits are great.
Pros
unit staff are dedicated and hard working, fun to be around. Pay is great.
Cons
management team.
loved this site
nice, clean 9 bed hospital. small town healthcare facility a lot different than city facility. wish I could have worked there more often. met a lot of great people.
Great Place to work
Quinte Health Care is a great environment to work in, everyone is friendly and wants to see you succeed and provide a great place for people in our community to receive health services.
Not worth it
The management is not efficient, the senior employees are always backed up.
Their is no team worth, cheap politics within the organization. The pay is not worth the stress
Pros
You can easily identify their mistakes
Cons
They don't like new staff asking questions
Very hard job all together. But is rewarding in many ways
It’s a hard place to work all together but it is rewarding in many ways. If we were not so tight on money and always making cut backs in the health care field it would be much easier to make the place run a lot smoother and without the stress of numbers and how many discharges we can get in a day. I guess I’ve lost faith more so in the health care system rather then the job.
Pros
I live close
Cons
Shift work - no set schedule