QUINTE HEALTH CARE Employee Reviews

Not worth it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2018
The management is not efficient, the senior employees are always backed up.
Their is no team worth, cheap politics within the organization. The pay is not worth the stress
Pros
You can easily identify their mistakes
Cons
They don't like new staff asking questions
Very hard job all together. But is rewarding in many ways
PSW (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON1 May 2018
It’s a hard place to work all together but it is rewarding in many ways. If we were not so tight on money and always making cut backs in the health care field it would be much easier to make the place run a lot smoother and without the stress of numbers and how many discharges we can get in a day. I guess I’ve lost faith more so in the health care system rather then the job.
Pros
I live close
Cons
Shift work - no set schedule
my floor
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 April 2018
Depends on which floor, and who youre manager is.
My manager was awful, the other nurses were caddy and aweful.
It didnt matter if I spoke up or kept my head down, it was miserable.
The other nurses had it out for me, and when the manager caught wind she wasn't any better. Glad to be rid of that floor!
Good People to work with but bad scheduling
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 April 2018
The people working in the pharmacy department are very friendly. Scheduling is unexpected so when they say Permanent Part-time it is not like you get 2-3 shifts per week. If you are lucky enough you can get 2-3 shift but sometimes, you will have to settle for 1 shift per week in the name of budget cuts.
Pros
Friendly Collegues
Cons
They say permanent part-time job but scheduling is unexpected.
Stressful/ angry and awful place to work for
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 March 2018
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING: The people in the diagnostic booking dept are completely rude and ignorant. Especially management. Fully be prepared to be talked down to by coworker. Management handles conflicts and concerns EXTREMELY unprofessionally. They will always side with who has been there longer no matter what the situation. I left most nights in tears and was expected to know everything within 2 weeks. Codes, computer software, you name it. Management and team are very sarcastic and snarky. In general not a good work environment. The only thing good about this job was the money but the money was NOT worth what I went through. Beware!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Snarky and manager and team
lots of opportunity
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 February 2018
Utilizes their RPN's to their full scope of practice.Lots of learning opportunity and offers a wide variety of departments to work in. Nursing staff are younger in age.
Full time work
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 February 2017
I am guaranteed 37.5 hours per week as a full time employee. The benefits are great. We are also a unionized corporation. As a part-time employee you are able to work in more than 1 department.
Good job great coworkers
Fsr (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 October 2016
Love my job allowed me to
Meet amazing people and have great opportunities, I have time spare time to annoy my kids and husband and if I need a day off my team leader it's a great person and she always put her self in our shoes
Pros
Great manager (team leader )
Cons
Long nights
Not as great a place as it used to be.
Echo Technologist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON12 March 2016
The days were long and very busy. Management could use great improvement. I enjoyed most of my co-workers and for the most part they were easy to work with.The hardest part of the job was getting support from management and the most enjoyable was being able to work with patients.
Pros
Non that I can think of
Cons
Working in an environment with extremely low morale.
Great co-workers and great mgmt to work with.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON31 March 2015
I was only there for 2 maternity leave coverages, hence the low job security rating.

in 30 + years of working, without a doubt the most rewarding experience, my co-workers, directors, VPs were all equally great to work with/for.

Always felt part of the solution!
co-workers are the best to work with at QHC
Part-time only (Current Employee) –  belleville,ontario3 April 2014
there is a job to get done and we all come together and it gets done with the best of our abilities
Very busy, entertaining, fun place to work
Supply Chain Management (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON24 September 2013
I got my first taste of career legitimacy working at Quinte Health Care. I learned so much in quite a variety of positions. Learning how to deal with stressful situations and how to create a fun, friendly workplace environment were very important skills learned.
With the role i was in, we dealt with very stressful situations but overcoming these obstacles were always rewarding.