Quinn Contracting Ltd.

Quinn Contracting Ltd. Management reviews

Clear

Shutdown work

Worked a couple shutdowns with them lots of double talk and not much direction they pulled a compressed work week on us which meant overtime kept resetting.few people shouldn't of been on the shutdowns.one of the shutdowns had an over abundance of management that didnt contribute much to the project

Pros

People you worked with

Cons

Management sketchy labour practices.

Too much uncertainty with job security.

While working at Quinn, I found people to be very divisive in many different groups of little chatterboxes. Management displayed too much favouritism.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Not is enough hours

Good company to work for.

Good people, good working conditions, lots of training to keep you on top of your game. Working hours were manageable and provided good work and personal life balance. life

Pros

Good salary, good people to work with

Cons

Short contracts and poor contract management.

Great work Culture

I enjoyed working with everyone, and for the most part felt good. Management seemed very strait forward, but, Relaxed. I wasnt aware that my position was only temporary, was not told this up front, position was not clear, and wages were unclear, from application for position to working phase, was told different things, by onsite management and company management.

Pros

Good experience, forcused on safety

Cons

By contract employment, no job security

Good people, positive work environment

Quinn was a positive and inclusive place to work, I was given opportunities to educate and advance my career while working there. Management was approachable and the office staff were very friendly.

Will work with Quinn anytime

Very pleasant work atmosphere, great management team. Everyone care about everyone, safety is the priority, No rush, no short cut because workers are given the time to have a high quality finish.

Very good culture

They are truly an understanding company . I have seen compassion and true concern to its employees. It's one of the best experiences in my 40 plus years of my career.

Poor

Will not work for them again , harassment, by workers and supervisors, also was threatened to keep quiet about there safety practices, felt very uncomfortable , needed the job so I had to put up with the BS , not right should not happen in the industry very bad

Great Place To Work

I enjoyed my time at Quinn. Family orientated, and full of hard working people. Management was great to work with. A solid safety culture and an easy to manage QA/QC program.

I work there for 17 years it wqas good for me and my family.

Quinn has a outstanding safety culture, and good managers who care about their employees, they do their best to look after their people in the good time and in the bad.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Quinn Contracting Ltd.?

Great people to work with

great place to work, awesome management,Great communication between management and trades workers. safety standards are over and above required, generally an all around great company to work for :)

Pros

they look after there employees

Cons

some overtime required

Decent place for locals

Great schedule and nice to be home every night. Management says the right things but ultimately shows they care very little for their disposable employees. Little chance for advancement and no job security

Pros

Excellent schedule

Cons

No reward for loyalty or effort

Great job

Was a great place to work. I was there for over three years. Other employees and management were knowledgeable and easy to get along with. I would recommend them as an employer any day.

Work with fun

Overall well-completed jobs as well as understanding coworkers who were always willing to help. Management was always there for the staff and cared about day to day operations.

Balanced work environment

Good culture with a positive atmosphere. Caring management team and a team fostered environment. Good learning environment with room for advancement.

I have been enjoying working for Quinn

Quinn takes pride in the work they do for the client, they take the time to train their workforce and management stays engaged with the work force. I have been learning a lot about managing crews while working for Quinn.

Pros

I really like my 8 on 6 off shift

Cons

Of course its never enough money.

Poor managment

No contract at the site ..fire you on spot instead of talking things put poor safety not a good place to.work no advancement no help old man's club lack of care

Pros

Cons

Managment

work is good but need to be improve

A typical day at work is good I learn about safe work practice Management is not very good workplace culture is average the hardest part of the job is a lake of planing

Client satisfaction driven

My experience with Quinn was positive. Management cares about their people and Client satisfaction in a challenging industry. Quinn would be best served by focusing on obtaining better rates from their clients and passing the benefits to their workforce.

Pros

People and management

Cons

Client driven compensation forces Quinn to optimize workforce compensation

Good old by network. It's who you know. Definitely not what you know

Need to strengthen upper management. Stop hiring guys that don't belong in certain positions. TAKE DSP'S on the tools. You don't have a company unless your a Forman and up? Ridiculous.

Pros

Searching still.

Cons

Don't take DSP's unless your a Forman or higher.

A good and safe place to work is at Quinn Contracting

A typical day review work requirements, Learned that all people have some requirements to help maintain there day. Management upper is very good at there job. The workplace culture is good most of the time, some of the time floor level foreman needs more training to do there jobs better. The hardest part of the job was to help motivate others to focus on there jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a major task was completed safely and in a timely fashion.

Pros

The people working there.

Cons

Floor level leadership needs more training to do there jobs better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quinn Contracting Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement