Quinn Contracting Ltd.

Quinn Contracting Ltd. Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.4Job security & advancement

Good company to work for.

Good people, good working conditions, lots of training to keep you on top of your game. Working hours were manageable and provided good work and personal life balance. life

Pros

Good salary, good people to work with

Cons

Short contracts and poor contract management.

Solid company with transparent communication and good pay.

I worked multiple sites for Quinn, the last being a maintenance job near ft macmurray.. it was a great job and solid pay , good schedule. Great company to work for.

Working at Quinn

Good experience in general. As with any job, it's all in how you approach your day - if you dread it maybe it's time to find something else to do, if you look forward to it, great always opportunities to learn more right? Things are pretty defined as to job duties not much opportunity to change positions.

Great work Culture

I enjoyed working with everyone, and for the most part felt good. Management seemed very strait forward, but, Relaxed. I wasnt aware that my position was only temporary, was not told this up front, position was not clear, and wages were unclear, from application for position to working phase, was told different things, by onsite management and company management.

Pros

Good experience, forcused on safety

Cons

By contract employment, no job security

close to home

its always been a good job with a good wage. I'm still currently employed with Quinn but they are downsizing the manpower onsite and I'm now looking at other options

Good people, positive work environment

Quinn was a positive and inclusive place to work, I was given opportunities to educate and advance my career while working there. Management was approachable and the office staff were very friendly.

7am to 6pm

you start at 7am and finish some times at 630pm, when out of town you work 3 week and 1 week off, The company is a good place to start out in you career,

Pros

truck, all meals paid for

Cons

long unpaid hours

Very good culture

They are truly an understanding company . I have seen compassion and true concern to its employees. It's one of the best experiences in my 40 plus years of my career.

Awesome company

It was pleasure working for them. Professional people. Good wage.Wish them all the best in the future. I am glad I worked for Quinn. I hope I will work for them again.

Overall great place to work

Wonderful experience with staff and leadership. Excellent place to start a career. Decent perks including pay, vacation, etc. Workplace culture is decent.

I enjoyed working there

I worked there for a couple years. Have nothing bad to say about the people i worked with, lead hands or supervisors. Some challenging jobs but the people i worked with always gave you a chance to learn as well.

excellent contractor company

Alberta, Canada very well organized company, every morning meeting site supervisor was reminding employee their safety and always he was reminding employee to understood work permit before sign it.

Decent place for locals

Great schedule and nice to be home every night. Management says the right things but ultimately shows they care very little for their disposable employees. Little chance for advancement and no job security

Pros

Excellent schedule

Cons

No reward for loyalty or effort

Balanced work environment

Good culture with a positive atmosphere. Caring management team and a team fostered environment. Good learning environment with room for advancement.

great company to work for

Great company to work for, lots of flexibility for new moms. Only reason I didnt go back was it ended up being to long of hours so I went to look for another job

Great place to work, caring and commutative company to work for. Succession planning could be improved and salary for admin staff could be budgeted better but overall the culture and environment is great.

Pros

Great job culture

Cons

Advancement oppertunities and salary

Poor managment

No contract at the site ..fire you on spot instead of talking things put poor safety not a good place to.work no advancement no help old man's club lack of care

Pros

Cons

Managment

7/7 Shift is amazing

Great work/life balance with the shift. Amazing support team and work environment. No room to advance once Journeyman status reached on particular jobsite.

Working at Quinn

Lets see no raises for almost 5 years no cost of living increases, when you ask Quinn or the client they basically say your lucky to be working! As the client make record profits! The only reason i stick around is to be home with my family its the only benefit to working at Quinn,little or no advancement oppurtunities, unless your an yes man,poor managment, they manage through fear,

Pros

Home every night

Cons

No raises/ cost of living, poor managment, no advancement

good place to work

i worked for Quinn for a few years doing shut downs and maintenance. They were a good company to work for and always looked out for the safety of their employees.

Competitive company

Quinn is a prime contractor that I worked with until the client decided to 3rd party out the warehouse. I found them to be very good during the transition and they offered me other job locations to continue with them.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Decisions must always be to the clients wishes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quinn Contracting Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Quinn Contracting Ltd. with

• Quinn Contracting Ltd.
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?