Quinn Contracting Ltd.

Quinn Contracting Ltd. Culture reviews

Clear

Good people, positive work environment

Quinn was a positive and inclusive place to work, I was given opportunities to educate and advance my career while working there. Management was approachable and the office staff were very friendly.

Will work with Quinn anytime

Very pleasant work atmosphere, great management team. Everyone care about everyone, safety is the priority, No rush, no short cut because workers are given the time to have a high quality finish.

Overall great place to work

Wonderful experience with staff and leadership. Excellent place to start a career. Decent perks including pay, vacation, etc. Workplace culture is decent.

Great Place To Work

I enjoyed my time at Quinn. Family orientated, and full of hard working people. Management was great to work with. A solid safety culture and an easy to manage QA/QC program.

I work there for 17 years it wqas good for me and my family.

Quinn has a outstanding safety culture, and good managers who care about their employees, they do their best to look after their people in the good time and in the bad.

Great safety culture with a caring, committed leadership group and quality trades people who care about safety and each other. I would recommend working for Quinn if the opportunity presents itself.

Great job

Was a great place to work. I was there for over three years. Other employees and management were knowledgeable and easy to get along with. I would recommend them as an employer any day.

Work with fun

Overall well-completed jobs as well as understanding coworkers who were always willing to help. Management was always there for the staff and cared about day to day operations.

Balanced work environment

Good culture with a positive atmosphere. Caring management team and a team fostered environment. Good learning environment with room for advancement.

Great place to work, caring and commutative company to work for. Succession planning could be improved and salary for admin staff could be budgeted better but overall the culture and environment is great.

Pros

Great job culture

Cons

Advancement oppertunities and salary

work is good but need to be improve

A typical day at work is good I learn about safe work practice Management is not very good workplace culture is average the hardest part of the job is a lake of planing

A good and safe place to work is at Quinn Contracting

A typical day review work requirements, Learned that all people have some requirements to help maintain there day. Management upper is very good at there job. The workplace culture is good most of the time, some of the time floor level foreman needs more training to do there jobs better. The hardest part of the job was to help motivate others to focus on there jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a major task was completed safely and in a timely fashion.

Pros

The people working there.

Cons

Floor level leadership needs more training to do there jobs better.

Fast paced work enviroment

Typical day of work Answer e-mails Work with vendors on accounts Meetings Hardest part of the Job working with other departments Most Enjoyable Part of the Job When work was completed on time because everyone worked together

Pros

Amazing benefits and great pay

Cons

Never sure if you will have a job or not

Place was great when I started working there but went down hill when restructure occured.

A typical day at work consisted of customer service inquiries and reporting. The work culture in the beginning was great but after the re-structure and economy slide due to oil price drop, the overall atmosphere changed in a negative way.

Pros

Flexibility with vacation

Cons

no room for advancement

Great company to work for

One of the best companies I have worked for. They are very understanding and the always making sure that you are working in a safe manner. They provide you with amazing training so you can carry with the job they assign you.

good place to work

fun atmosphere to work in. small tight night crews. working at husky we had staff luch delivered to our trailers and never the shortage of safety meetings and training to keep us up to date.

hard working company

working in a positive and safe environment with knowledgeable colleagues workers are willing to help and mentor new workers

labourer

paid loa for daily as well as travel supplied. daily tool box. very safety conscious. amazing company to work for. most enjoyable part was learnt how to properly weld.

Poor recruitment practices

Overall Quinn is a good company to work for if you have work. The problem with the company is a disconnect between the field and the hiring department. Human resources are completely out of touch with the demands of supervision (forman, leads, supervisors). For example, each time you work for Quinn and are laid off supervision will write a report on the worker. Often times a worker who has received a poor report and recommendation not to hire the recruitment department hires them again. Vice versa if a worker receives glowing reviews the hiring department doesn't recognize the review and you can be hard pressed to receive a job. In my case I was told and thanked by supervision for he quality of my work (this is a great culture, you actually do get recognized for good work). They expressed I'd be one of the first they'd call on the next project. However, these reviews are not looked at or taken into consideration when hiring applicants. They're new online recruitment process is also a failure. You can apply often but not hear anything until you actually call in or have supervision call in for you, than you may get a call. This may seem like a review from an apathetic worker out of work, but it isn't. I am currently working but just disappointed the struggles of getting hired from Quinn shouldn't be there when there is work available and supervision approves. The recruiting department acts as though they don't know you and are out of touch with the work force. I also notice Quinn will hire easterners and pay living allowance while ignoring locals. Often non ticketed Cape -

Pros

Red Deer area clients are good to work for

Cons

Quinn hiring practices are the worst in the business.

Positive minded

Working alone or in a Team i am professional when working at any job that comes my way. Quinn was a great place to work and have a lot of respect for management and the way they treated there employees.

Pros

Great communication

Very good company

Quinn is a very good company to work for. Very good pay and benefit. Quin construction is a very competitive company and I would work for them again when everything picks back up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quinn Contracting Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Quinn Contracting Ltd. with

• Quinn Contracting Ltd.
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?