Quinn Contracting Ltd.

Quinn Contracting Ltd. Employee Reviews for Pipefitter

close to home

its always been a good job with a good wage. I'm still currently employed with Quinn but they are downsizing the manpower onsite and I'm now looking at other options

Will work with Quinn anytime

Very pleasant work atmosphere, great management team. Everyone care about everyone, safety is the priority, No rush, no short cut because workers are given the time to have a high quality finish.

Great company

Did a shutdown with Quinn and it had been the first one I had ever done as I only worked with fab and new construction. Great company to work for, family oriented, very understanding with life issues.

Pros

free lunches, overtime, great staff

Great job

Was a great place to work. I was there for over three years. Other employees and management were knowledgeable and easy to get along with. I would recommend them as an employer any day.

Work with fun

Overall well-completed jobs as well as understanding coworkers who were always willing to help. Management was always there for the staff and cared about day to day operations.

7/7 Shift is amazing

Great work/life balance with the shift. Amazing support team and work environment. No room to advance once Journeyman status reached on particular jobsite.

Working at Quinn

Lets see no raises for almost 5 years no cost of living increases, when you ask Quinn or the client they basically say your lucky to be working! As the client make record profits! The only reason i stick around is to be home with my family its the only benefit to working at Quinn,little or no advancement oppurtunities, unless your an yes man,poor managment, they manage through fear,

Pros

Home every night

Cons

No raises/ cost of living, poor managment, no advancement

good place to work

i worked for Quinn for a few years doing shut downs and maintenance. They were a good company to work for and always looked out for the safety of their employees.

Good old by network. It's who you know. Definitely not what you know

Need to strengthen upper management. Stop hiring guys that don't belong in certain positions. TAKE DSP'S on the tools. You don't have a company unless your a Forman and up? Ridiculous.

Pros

Searching still.

Cons

Don't take DSP's unless your a Forman or higher.

A good and safe place to work is at Quinn Contracting

A typical day review work requirements, Learned that all people have some requirements to help maintain there day. Management upper is very good at there job. The workplace culture is good most of the time, some of the time floor level foreman needs more training to do there jobs better. The hardest part of the job was to help motivate others to focus on there jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a major task was completed safely and in a timely fashion.

Pros

The people working there.

Cons

Floor level leadership needs more training to do there jobs better.

Over all is good to work for

I've been working for Quinn on and off for the past 18 years , for the most part, they have treated me pretty decent and have kept me working fairly steady .

Good Company

Well organized & maintained job Descent training program, safety oriented company Highly productive outfit Effective communication between management and employees

Very good company to work for.

Quinn contracting are very safety conscience company. I have worked for several different Managers there. For references you may talk to Bob Bott at the Ram River Gas Plant in Rocky Mountain House, or Tim Jackson at the Nova Joffrey plant.

Great company to work for

One of the best companies I have worked for. They are very understanding and the always making sure that you are working in a safe manner. They provide you with amazing training so you can carry with the job they assign you.

had some ups and downs

my experience with Quinn was rocky at best. i found their choice/of supervision and managment was based on being friends with someone and not having sufficient skills required to do the job. thus i found there was always the wrong person in place. good workers were left unnoticed because the poor supervision and managment did not want to feel as tho their job was threatened.

great benefit paxkage

They are a good employer, they have a great benefits package, they also have a good safety standard and varied work locations. Quinn ook a big hit during the oil price collapse but they survived and recovering

hard working company

working in a positive and safe environment with knowledgeable colleagues workers are willing to help and mentor new workers

Poor recruitment practices

Overall Quinn is a good company to work for if you have work. The problem with the company is a disconnect between the field and the hiring department. Human resources are completely out of touch with the demands of supervision (forman, leads, supervisors). For example, each time you work for Quinn and are laid off supervision will write a report on the worker. Often times a worker who has received a poor report and recommendation not to hire the recruitment department hires them again. Vice versa if a worker receives glowing reviews the hiring department doesn't recognize the review and you can be hard pressed to receive a job. In my case I was told and thanked by supervision for he quality of my work (this is a great culture, you actually do get recognized for good work). They expressed I'd be one of the first they'd call on the next project. However, these reviews are not looked at or taken into consideration when hiring applicants. They're new online recruitment process is also a failure. You can apply often but not hear anything until you actually call in or have supervision call in for you, than you may get a call. This may seem like a review from an apathetic worker out of work, but it isn't. I am currently working but just disappointed the struggles of getting hired from Quinn shouldn't be there when there is work available and supervision approves. The recruiting department acts as though they don't know you and are out of touch with the work force. I also notice Quinn will hire easterners and pay living allowance while ignoring locals. Often non ticketed Cape -

Pros

Red Deer area clients are good to work for

Cons

Quinn hiring practices are the worst in the business.

Overall good company to work for

Good company, I learned a lot about pipefitting there. I also had great co-workers. it was a 9/5 rotation and we were able to keep our rooms, i liked it

Great company to work

Safety first Great work atmosphere Leads willing to teach Overall great company

Pros

great work/family balance

Cons

Lack of work

no review

enjoyed working with some people,some of them you cant trust or rely on to get a straight answer for specific jobs,too many people trying to get ahead on others backs

Pros

home every night

Cons

no long term job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quinn Contracting Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement