Quinn Contracting Ltd.

Quinn Contracting Ltd. Employee Reviews in Red Deer, AB

Too much uncertainty with job security.

While working at Quinn, I found people to be very divisive in many different groups of little chatterboxes. Management displayed too much favouritism.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Not is enough hours

close to home

its always been a good job with a good wage. I'm still currently employed with Quinn but they are downsizing the manpower onsite and I'm now looking at other options

Very good culture

They are truly an understanding company . I have seen compassion and true concern to its employees. It's one of the best experiences in my 40 plus years of my career.

I work there for 17 years it wqas good for me and my family.

Quinn has a outstanding safety culture, and good managers who care about their employees, they do their best to look after their people in the good time and in the bad.

great company to work for

Great company to work for, lots of flexibility for new moms. Only reason I didnt go back was it ended up being to long of hours so I went to look for another job

Great place to work, caring and commutative company to work for. Succession planning could be improved and salary for admin staff could be budgeted better but overall the culture and environment is great.

Pros

Great job culture

Cons

Advancement oppertunities and salary

Long term full time scaffolding job

Straight up scaffolding work. Tube and Clamp, mostly, and professional co-workers. I personally enjoyed working for Quinn, as they were honest and up front about future jobs/work and are willing to transfer you to keep you busy.

Pros

Good wages, good people

Cons

Confusing hiring process

great work environment

A lot of great people to work with. Many tasks and duties to perform so the day was never boring, some days and weeks were long and allowed you to make more than average income.

Poor recruitment practices

Overall Quinn is a good company to work for if you have work. The problem with the company is a disconnect between the field and the hiring department. Human resources are completely out of touch with the demands of supervision (forman, leads, supervisors). For example, each time you work for Quinn and are laid off supervision will write a report on the worker. Often times a worker who has received a poor report and recommendation not to hire the recruitment department hires them again. Vice versa if a worker receives glowing reviews the hiring department doesn't recognize the review and you can be hard pressed to receive a job. In my case I was told and thanked by supervision for he quality of my work (this is a great culture, you actually do get recognized for good work). They expressed I'd be one of the first they'd call on the next project. However, these reviews are not looked at or taken into consideration when hiring applicants. They're new online recruitment process is also a failure. You can apply often but not hear anything until you actually call in or have supervision call in for you, than you may get a call. This may seem like a review from an apathetic worker out of work, but it isn't. I am currently working but just disappointed the struggles of getting hired from Quinn shouldn't be there when there is work available and supervision approves. The recruiting department acts as though they don't know you and are out of touch with the work force. I also notice Quinn will hire easterners and pay living allowance while ignoring locals. Often non ticketed Cape -

Pros

Red Deer area clients are good to work for

Cons

Quinn hiring practices are the worst in the business.

Productive and rewarding company

I enjoyed working at Quinn, as they have an excellent family feel about their operations. I was given respect and was allowed to grow within the company, they were very helpful and supportive.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Quinn Contracting Ltd.?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quinn Contracting Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement