Quinn Contracting Ltd.

Quinn Contracting Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada100 reviews
Worked a couple shutdowns with them lots of double talk and not much direction they pulled a compressed work week on us which meant overtime kept resetting.few people shouldn't of been on the shutdowns.one of the shutdowns had an over abundance of management that didnt contribute much to the project
Pros
People you worked with
Cons
Management sketchy labour practices.
While working at Quinn, I found people to be very divisive in many different groups of little chatterboxes. Management displayed too much favouritism.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not is enough hours
Good people, good working conditions, lots of training to keep you on top of your game. Working hours were manageable and provided good work and personal life balance.
life
Pros
Good salary, good people to work with
Cons
Short contracts and poor contract management.
I worked multiple sites for Quinn, the last being a maintenance job near ft macmurray.. it was a great job and solid pay , good schedule. Great company to work for.
Good experience in general. As with any job, it's all in how you approach your day - if you dread it maybe it's time to find something else to do, if you look forward to it, great always opportunities to learn more right? Things are pretty defined as to job duties not much opportunity to change positions.
I enjoyed working with everyone, and for the most part felt good. Management seemed very strait forward, but, Relaxed. I wasnt aware that my position was only temporary, was not told this up front, position was not clear, and wages were unclear, from application for position to working phase, was told different things, by onsite management and company management.
Pros
Good experience, forcused on safety
Cons
By contract employment, no job security
Great people, relaxed atmosphere, productive, made you feel valued. Only downfall was no work/life balance, but you knew the shift, so it was your choice to make.
its always been a good job with a good wage. I'm still currently employed with Quinn but they are downsizing the manpower onsite and I'm now looking at other options
If you show willingness to do a good job your coworkers and supervisors will respect you. Work environment was your typical camp-type lifestyle. Make your money then look forward to getting home for some R&R.
Quinn was a positive and inclusive place to work, I was given opportunities to educate and advance my career while working there. Management was approachable and the office staff were very friendly.
you start at 7am and finish some times at 630pm, when out of town you work 3 week and 1 week off, The company is a good place to start out in you career,
Pros
truck, all meals paid for
Cons
long unpaid hours
Just be yourself and follow all their safety requirements starting with the JHA’s. Read all safe work permits and complete the FLRA for every task. If you are unsure about anything ask questions prior to starting your tasks
Very pleasant work atmosphere, great management team. Everyone care about everyone, safety is the priority, No rush, no short cut because workers are given the time to have a high quality finish.
They are truly an understanding company . I have seen compassion and true concern to its employees. It's one of the best experiences in my 40 plus years of my career.
It was pleasure working for them. Professional people. Good wage.Wish them all the best in the future. I am glad I worked for Quinn. I hope I will work for them again.
Pretty standard shutdown/maintenance company. Very relaxed and organized during shutdowns. Maintenance was also relaxed but less organized. Good people to work with.
Will not work for them again , harassment, by workers and supervisors, also was threatened to keep quiet about there safety practices, felt very uncomfortable , needed the job so I had to put up with the BS , not right should not happen in the industry very bad
Wonderful experience with staff and leadership. Excellent place to start a career. Decent perks including pay, vacation, etc. Workplace culture is decent.
I enjoyed my time at Quinn. Family orientated, and full of hard working people. Management was great to work with. A solid safety culture and an easy to manage QA/QC program.
I worked there for a couple years. Have nothing bad to say about the people i worked with, lead hands or supervisors. Some challenging jobs but the people i worked with always gave you a chance to learn as well.
Alberta, Canada
very well organized company, every morning meeting site supervisor was reminding employee their safety and always he was reminding employee to understood work permit before sign it.