Quinn Contracting Ltd.

Quinn Contracting Ltd. Employee Reviews

Shutdown work

Worked a couple shutdowns with them lots of double talk and not much direction they pulled a compressed work week on us which meant overtime kept resetting.few people shouldn't of been on the shutdowns.one of the shutdowns had an over abundance of management that didnt contribute much to the project

Pros

People you worked with

Cons

Management sketchy labour practices.

Too much uncertainty with job security.

While working at Quinn, I found people to be very divisive in many different groups of little chatterboxes. Management displayed too much favouritism.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Not is enough hours

Good company to work for.

Good people, good working conditions, lots of training to keep you on top of your game. Working hours were manageable and provided good work and personal life balance. life

Pros

Good salary, good people to work with

Cons

Short contracts and poor contract management.

Solid company with transparent communication and good pay.

I worked multiple sites for Quinn, the last being a maintenance job near ft macmurray.. it was a great job and solid pay , good schedule. Great company to work for.

Working at Quinn

Good experience in general. As with any job, it's all in how you approach your day - if you dread it maybe it's time to find something else to do, if you look forward to it, great always opportunities to learn more right? Things are pretty defined as to job duties not much opportunity to change positions.

Great work Culture

I enjoyed working with everyone, and for the most part felt good. Management seemed very strait forward, but, Relaxed. I wasnt aware that my position was only temporary, was not told this up front, position was not clear, and wages were unclear, from application for position to working phase, was told different things, by onsite management and company management.

Pros

Good experience, forcused on safety

Cons

By contract employment, no job security

Fun place to work

Great people, relaxed atmosphere, productive, made you feel valued. Only downfall was no work/life balance, but you knew the shift, so it was your choice to make.

close to home

its always been a good job with a good wage. I'm still currently employed with Quinn but they are downsizing the manpower onsite and I'm now looking at other options

Excellent coworkers

If you show willingness to do a good job your coworkers and supervisors will respect you. Work environment was your typical camp-type lifestyle. Make your money then look forward to getting home for some R&R.

Good people, positive work environment

Quinn was a positive and inclusive place to work, I was given opportunities to educate and advance my career while working there. Management was approachable and the office staff were very friendly.

7am to 6pm

you start at 7am and finish some times at 630pm, when out of town you work 3 week and 1 week off, The company is a good place to start out in you career,

Pros

truck, all meals paid for

Cons

long unpaid hours

Excellent place to work

Just be yourself and follow all their safety requirements starting with the JHA’s. Read all safe work permits and complete the FLRA for every task. If you are unsure about anything ask questions prior to starting your tasks

Will work with Quinn anytime

Very pleasant work atmosphere, great management team. Everyone care about everyone, safety is the priority, No rush, no short cut because workers are given the time to have a high quality finish.

Very good culture

They are truly an understanding company . I have seen compassion and true concern to its employees. It's one of the best experiences in my 40 plus years of my career.

Awesome company

It was pleasure working for them. Professional people. Good wage.Wish them all the best in the future. I am glad I worked for Quinn. I hope I will work for them again.

Standard work site culture

Pretty standard shutdown/maintenance company. Very relaxed and organized during shutdowns. Maintenance was also relaxed but less organized. Good people to work with.

Poor

Will not work for them again , harassment, by workers and supervisors, also was threatened to keep quiet about there safety practices, felt very uncomfortable , needed the job so I had to put up with the BS , not right should not happen in the industry very bad

Overall great place to work

Wonderful experience with staff and leadership. Excellent place to start a career. Decent perks including pay, vacation, etc. Workplace culture is decent.

Great Place To Work

I enjoyed my time at Quinn. Family orientated, and full of hard working people. Management was great to work with. A solid safety culture and an easy to manage QA/QC program.

I enjoyed working there

I worked there for a couple years. Have nothing bad to say about the people i worked with, lead hands or supervisors. Some challenging jobs but the people i worked with always gave you a chance to learn as well.

excellent contractor company

Alberta, Canada very well organized company, every morning meeting site supervisor was reminding employee their safety and always he was reminding employee to understood work permit before sign it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quinn Contracting Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Quinn Contracting Ltd. with

• Quinn Contracting Ltd.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?