Quilts Etc
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Quilts Etc Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
I really enjoyed working here. The benefits were great. I got to learn the different products that they carried. I worked with amazing, friendly coworkers EXCEPT for the manager. She had a bad attitude and was a bully. Wanted me to clean the store, instead of helping customers, so I hardly make sales, therefore, less bonus for me. I hope they fire her. Otherwise, I would still be working here. I loved it here.
Pros
Discounts, products, work/life balance, bonuses
Cons
Manager
Fun place to work. Really depends on the management; however a great manager can build and support a really nice and fun work environment. Great products and quality items for sale. There's always sales, so things are very rarely just regular priced. The Head Office Support is great. It's a Canadian Company so it's great to support Canadian businesses.There is a lot of product knowledge and it's not just a normal cashier type job; you really need to know your stuff. It's almost like being a designer/personal shopper/stylist all in one.
Pros
Fun, creative, innovative and interesting products
Cons
There is more knowledge and information needed to do this job than most people think
Average pay, for a mediocre job.
Unless you enjoy high pressure sale environments with little to no training and info provided. Then, this job really isnt for you.
Cons
Lack of training, average pay, high pressure sales
Very human, down-to-earth, team-oriented company. A lot of hard work, but it's appreciated and rewarded. They encourage you to think creatively outside the box and try new things. It's a great company for people who are self-motivated and have an entrepreneurial bent to them. Not good if you simply like to take instruction and just want a run-of-the-mill type of job. If you work well on collaborative projects with all different kinds of personalities, then it's a good company for you; if you prefer to simply isolate yourself and work by yourself, then it may not be a good fit for you.
Pros
Collaborative team (no politics), respectful of work/life balance, welcome new ideas
Cons
Located in industrial area, not on Skytrain line
QE was a great place to work as long as you are sales motivated and can focus on the tasks provided. Management was very kind and understanding. Very motivational and supportive in learning products and procedures.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
On your feet for your shift
This company is a breath of fresh air. I love working for them! My salary is fair and the bonuses are awesome. As a manager you must have good business sense and a solid understanding of your market.