Quesada Burritos and Tacos Employee Reviews

Amazing staff and franchise, Quesada serves only the freshest food which in my opinion is unbeatable.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON15 August 2019
Working at Quesada has been a wonderful opportunity, the staff is nothing but kind and encouraging, the franchise promotes fresh and healthy food that stands out from every other fast food place in the area.
Terrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 August 2019
On my first day I had no training because they were busy aka understaffed and I had to do all the dishes (no dishwasher, I was supposed to be cashier) and the manager kept telling me how slow I was. The manager also didn’t let us have breaks and I didn’t even have time to drink water. I was left to do closing with one other (newer) employee because the manager left. I was tired and in pain from cleaning the whole store on my own
Worst place to work at this particular location.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Upper James, Hamilton, ON2 August 2019
Very unprofessional people. They will make you work like a slave for free in the name of training for 14-15 days. It's really is so annoying to work here.
Serving, stocking, closing
Server (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON11 July 2019
My coworkers were very hard workers, we all worked together to get the job done. We were on our own most of the time so we always found ways to get the job done as best and as quick as possible.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Not enough hours
Not for me
Team member (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC7 April 2019
Good if you are looking for a fast-paced job with a lot of repetitive work. Good as first job experience, the boss was accommodating. Not the type of work I am really interested in.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Repetitive
What?
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON20 March 2019
I was seeking a new experience in this filed but, found this place to be profoundly bad overall. The lack of genuine customer service from most employees is beyond baffling.
Great Company to work for
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 March 2019
It is a great company to be a part of, learned a lot from quesada. Being at the back of the house and front of the house, you feel very organised becaus of their strong training tools
2 shifts a week , 3 hours only
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON4 January 2019
not a place id suggest unless youre cool with less than $150 bi-weekly. Did basic culinary actions and cleaning but besides that didnt do much and the kitchen smells
Pros
free drinks
Cons
managers kids in restaurant
A great company to work with
Owner Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 December 2018
Fun loving atmosphere with CEO being down to earth humble person and most importantly Approachable . They help franchisee to grow with the growth in the company.
fast pace worker
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 November 2018
overall was younger when i worked here
is a fast pace environment and i would consider it a very good place to start ur job and gain more experience. people were friendly
Good but not ready
Self Employed (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC1 September 2018
The company is great, however they are not properly equipped to deal with the rapid growth that they are experiencing and the franchisees are suffering from it.
Pros
Enthusiasm
Cons
Understaffed
Mediocre at best
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2018
If you like making mediocre canadian tex mex and having no protection from harassment from corporate training people, this is the job for you! they cut everyone's hours at the start of the summer, we lost 75% of the staff, and we never recovered.
Horrible
Front Line Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2018
I was never trained at all. Very unorganized.. There are people who come in from head office to train other members on opening their own stores, from my understanding, and the people who train are very rude all the time. I did not know anything so I would get embarrassed them. They always have an attitude. They always become very rude with those who actually work in store. I am glad I quit.
Productive and good place to work.
Server, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON20 July 2018
Learn a lot about making different recepies as we make mostly everything from scratch everyday in our kitchen.

The most enjoyable part of the job is serving the customers and seeing the variety in what people enjoy.
Very productive days but not stressful!
Food Prep/ Cook (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL10 July 2018
I really liked working here! The people were always really nice and encouraging. There are two parts really - front counter and back prepping.

If you were in the front you would pick a spot in the line and just do your work of giving people what they want. It was nice because there were always lots of people working with you so you wouldn't be as rushed and supported if need be.

If you were in the back it was great, you would come in and look at what we had made and decide whatever you think needs to be made and make it. There were little books to look in for recipes and you would always have a partner to help you and make it go faster.
The manager was super cool, he knew what he was doing and got everything done right but was also so nice and made you feel comfortable instead of putting on pressure or being rude or stressful.

The only downside I guess was that there wasn't really a place to put your jacket or bag, it was just kind of in a pile by the back door. It was a small building so you cant really blame them though.

Overall I thought it was great and would recommend. You get a free lunch throughout the day and at the end of the night you could make whatever you wanted with however much you wanted because we cant save it for the next day and its better not to waste it! Also we would play whatever music we wanted and just have a fun time while cleaning up at the end of the night.
Pros
Free lunch and end of the night snacks
Cons
No break room, staff storage or bathroom
Great environment to work in
cashier, cook, (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC15 April 2018
I worked there for 2 years, I served great and loyal clients and the people who work there are all hardworking. The manager is amazing as well and runs her restaurant phenomenally.
Pros
50% off on your meal per shift
Cons
high volume
job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 November 2017
good customers, we have loyal customers that come in everyday, also very friendly. They make the job fun.
great employees, The employees i work with are amazing and great people we all get along so good. They are like family.
fast paste work. The job is quick and fresh all the time, we always have customers coming in and out consistently
great food. The food is amazing and fresh all the time
Fun job with lots of opportunity for growth
Team member (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON9 November 2017
This job is a fun job and customers are always friendly. The owners take things very seriously and the give you opportunity of advancement and increased responsibility.
Good Place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON28 October 2017
New work for me but i have learnt everything related to my job. its been now almost two months since i am working with this company. Cooperative staff and good working environment.
unprofessional work ethics
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 October 2017
a typical day at work would be you go in do your shift with a couple others in the very small kitchen and service area and then if you work the closing shifts like I did we would clean make sure everything is off then set the alarms lock the doors and go home.
this company has good standards they go by as a whole but this certain location was a not fully in works with that working there was like being on gossip girls everyone talked behind everyone's back and were not the nicest after you got to know them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quesada Burritos and Tacos. Our community is ready to answer.