Queen's University
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Queen's University Employee Reviews for Research Assistant

Research Assistant14 reviews
Canada14 reviews

Good place to do research

Graduate experience isn't too bad here, it presents an opportunity to meet lots of people. There is a lot of support for the students, and Queen's is big on good mental health.

Okay place to work

A lot of people here are stuck in their ways. Think twice before you leave a city job to join this organization. If you are too ambitious, this might not be the place for you.

Great place to work. Kingston is a nice city to live in. Opportunities exist to advance in career and move across departments for non-faculty positions

Queen's is the best

The community and academics of Queen's University together make it one of the finest institutions in the country. It's a great balance of academic excellence and a tight knit community. I would recommend it to anyone considering to study there.

Good Place to work

Queens University is a good place for learning and acquiring relevant skills you require in a grooming a preferred career. A typical day at work gives you the opportunity to contribute what you have learnt in time past to solve pending engineering problems.

Pros

Flexible

great opportunity

allowed us the opportunity to work on a one of a kind project which has never been done before. The work although tedious is exceptionally useful for the research process.

Productive and Learning

Excellent work environment following ethical procedures in all aspects in the lab. Priority given to safe working of the students/researchers. Strong support and guidance throughout the time period by the supervisor.

Encouraging environment; exceptional academic staff

working with personable leaders was an exceptional experience. Considerable effort in guidance and teaching. RA jobs are likely to depend substantially on staff member you work with.

A good place to work

Working at Queen's is an amazing learning opportunity. I got to work with great professors and kind people and, most importantly, I could improve students' understanding about gender issues.

Hard to review a university

I worked as a research assistant on a private contract. It's hard to review a university since it's such a large place with so many divisions and administrations. I can say that the Mechanical Engineering department is EXTREMELY well run by an extremely capable, clever and experienced staff. The university campus itself is lovely, within walking distance of great neighbourhoods and the downtown core. It's a great place to live and work.

School spirit like no other.

The most incredible experience, the most wonderful spirit.

Best

BEST University to me for the work I do here. Office environment is great

Productive Workplace with a Great Learning Curve

I do enjoy going into work every day (M.Sc. Graduate candidate) but as my time of completion nears, I need to start thinking about future workplaces and where I will settle down. I have learned many things while studying polymer chemistry at Queen's University, the most important being the skill of polymer coatings. I love my supervisor and I love the people I work with. They are a very genuine and hardworking group of individuals that would do anything for you if you needed help. The hardest part of the job would be getting back up after an experiment doesn't work out the way you thought it would.. but I guess that's research. The best part of the job would be that feeling of joy when your experiment does work and you know it would look great in a publication.

great place to work

a typical day at workwhat you learnedmanagementyour co-workersthe hardest part of the jobthe most enjoyable part of the jobDO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Queen's University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement