Quartz Contracting Employee Reviews

Terrible management, lack of training
Park Operator (Former Employee) –  Bear Lake, BC7 April 2019
On the first day I received no training, and two weeks later was fired for missing things that I had no idea that I was supposed to be doing. Worst job experience I've ever had. They don't pay over time, and tell you that you can only log 8 hrs per day, but expect you to work around the clock.
Park operator
Park Operator (Former Employee) –  Bc parks24 March 2019
Stay clear of this employer.
Family run , accommodations are well umm.
They dont pay overtime because you are seasonal
Very clicky worksite the family will try to intimidate in a caring way.
Pros
The park
Cons
The family that operates this company
Outdoor job
Park Operator (Former Employee) –  Beaumont Provincial Park13 April 2018
I worked at Beaumont my last year and it was fantastic. That park has a three person team and you get a pretty good cabin, shop, vehicle and bike set up. We set up a garden. There are millions of
Saskatoons. Also ants... the park has a lot of ants. (not in the cabin which is nice). The lake has good trout fishing. The campers are super chill, and the team I was on worked well together. That's really important. You don't actually work with management much when you are out at the park, they come by and train and do projects if you need help. The team is key. Who you have to work with is the biggest indicator of a good summer. I had 2 awesome teams and one okay team and it makes all the difference. Shout out to my Purden Crew! Purden is also a good spot to work in. It has a bigger team, 4-5 people. A TON more quartz management is on site and its super busy. Purden rocks as well (more mosquitoes then Beaumont)
Pros
Fishing on your break, staff garden, Berry season (made pie), you get a cabin
Cons
Cell service and internet is spotty/slow
Independence
Park Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Robson, BC11 April 2018
If you have any skills in working independently, you get better jobs. so ifyou are good at things they let you run them. Its a super chill summer job.
Pros
Independence, relaxing, outdoors, unpluged
Cons
Working in a team.
You have to enjoy living in Cabins
Park Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mount Robson, BC11 April 2018
The hardest part of the job is living in the outdoors, mostly out of cell service. You get to be part of a team, so you have to get along with people.
Pros
Free Coffee, Staff Barbecues, Sometimes your 'job' consists of hiking all day and taking pictures.
Cons
July and August can get busy. You need a good pair of boots. Janitorial routines can be long.
They are not good pepole to work for.
Park Attendant (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC26 February 2018
You are just a number to them. They do not stand up for you when you need them. They just fire you. And will not work with you. Just move you out.....
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Awesome summer job
Park Operations (Current Employee) –  Prince George BC Canada6 April 2017
This family run business is a hoot to work for. The family is really cool and professional. They train you really well. It was honestly a highly enjoyable job.If you are passionate about BC parks and want to work for awesome people this is the job for you. They are flexible working with your schedule, they respond quickly to employee questions, and treat their employees well. The staff are generally really awesome people, and you end up becoming really good friends with them. I have recommended this company lots of my friends, and I recommend it to you as well.
Fun Work Enviroment
Park Officer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC18 November 2015
Great people to work lots of new thing i have learned since working there.
Great time out at the Provincial Park
Great people i have met out at the job aswell