Quarterback Transportation

Quarterback Transportation Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
Great place to work! Growing and lots of opportunity for advancement. Employee Appreciation is number one. Fun and collaborative work environment. It's a great place to make your job your own.
Management and supervisors not upfront and not to be trusted.
Allot of restructuring.

Free food, social activities but not worth it overall as management style and supervisors needs improvement.

Would not recommend working here.
Working at QB has been an overall fantastic experience. The work is challenging but also keeps you engaged without feeling stale. Management is friendly, approachable and honest. The vast majority of the people you will work with are lovely and very easy to get along with. The office is spacious, modern, well-lit and with two kitchens, a game room, and an open-concept space one feels very comfortable being at work.

The hours are great, and there is a very solid work/life balance which is even evident in the busier positions in the company.

Putting time and effort into your position at QB will result in advancement. This company will reward you for hard work.
Pros
Fantastic work culture, great coworkers, room for growth
Cons
Can be high-stress, salary usually starts on the lower end
If you strive for a fast paced and rewarding career then Quarterback is the place for you! Management cares deeply for their employees, customers and partners and its clear from the moment you start. The sales training starts on the operations side of the business before you get to start selling. The sales managers are very supportive and hands on until you're up and running on your own. The operations team is a great group of people who are also driven for success. The company celebrates the successes of all employees whether it's professional or personal. Joining the Quarterback team is probably one of the best decisions I've ever made!
Pros
Month end lunches, quarter kickoffs, group activities, sports teams, gym membership, kitchen with free coffee and snacks
Cons
Can get stressful but some of us like that!
Quarterback Transportation has no structure. Its training has very little support and structure as well. They say they are focused on their employees and culture but that is not the case.
Pros
free lunches and xbox and games room
Cons
you have to work 8am-5pm
Official response from Quarterback Transportation
19 May 2017
We provide all our employees with the tools and means to be successful. We believe that people make the difference. When we hire we look for qualities such as entrepreneurial, professional, hardworking and outgoing individuals to join our team. We have created a culture that is fun and inviting. We work hard, and play hard! Our recognition program rewards individuals for great performance and being able to work in a team environment.

We are sorry to hear that a former employee did not have a good experience. We take all feedback from our employees, review comments and apply it to enhancing our company.
I’ve been at Quarterback Transportation for almost five years now and throughout my experience, I have encountered different situations that tested the skills I already had and brought out the foremost knowledge in my profession.

Quarterback has a diversity of different cultures, great relationships with clients as well as eternal relationships with colleagues.

Quarterback is home away from home, you spend most of your time here and everyone is like family, the work environment is pleasurable day to day, just like all other jobs, there are some highs and lows along with days being stressful, but everyone comes together and tries their best to make everything run smoothly.

If you like a challenge and set goals for yourself you will be recognized.

“Hard work pays off”

I personally have been acknowledged on many accounts which lead me to climb up the ladder to different promotions in the Accounting Department.

I would recommend Quarterback to anyone who is looking for a enjoyable, and challenging career.
Pros
Free Gym w/ Sauna and Showers, Parking (underground and above ground), Big Patio, A lot of catering and activities, and social events, Month end Lunch in’s, Games room and free coffee, Close to Leslie Subway Station, Encouraged goal setting and achieving, Raise money for difference charities
Cons
Optical Care not included in benefits, Training should be more hands on, Parking is not free
I have been a Quarterback for just over a year and have loved every minute of it. Besides the incredible income potential, Quarterback offers a fun and supportive work environment day-in and day-out. I have never had such a positive experience, with previous employers, as I have had in my time at Quarterback. From the monthly lunches they provide to taking us to a Blue Jays game and my family to Canada's Wonderland. Quarterback knows the importance of their employees and show it on a daily basis.

I would high recomend Quarterback to anyone who is looking for a fan, lucrative and challenging career.
Pros
Income potential, company sponsored activities and work environment
Cons
Location (commute)
I enjoyed coming into work everyday at Quarterback Transportation. Everyone is willing to help you succeed.

You can be rewarded with decent commission and salary even though It takes some patience and a lot of hard work in order to get results.
Pros
free end of month lunches, game room, strong financial growth on the short/ medium term, great corporate culture and working environment
Cons
Micro management, working hours are 8 to 5, internal operation could use improvements
Great place to work for; they take care of their employees and treat everyone like family.

I learned that no job was impossible.

Co-workers were all friendly and cheerful and happy to be there.
Pros
lots of perks for employees
Cons
it gets loud
Started when the company was new and grew along with it.
I was a thrill to watch the company be successful
Pros
People were great
Cons
Commute was terrible
This company is fixed on only making transactions on a daily basis. Trying to imply that they want long standing relationships with carriers in North America, but only based on what the carrier can do at the time they require to make a conversion. Locked on the web based load boards to cover cold call loads for their "Customers". Not interested in creating long standing projects unless you can turn them over in a 24hr period.
The people that work within this environment are a great bunch, which is heavily shadowed by the micro management with the owners. Everyday is like going back into kindergarten and being watched or told to do what you need to. There is no room to make choices based on experience or guidance for people who have the experience to take the company further. The corporate belief is that the company should be sales driven, in a service industry. The overhead they require seems to be lost in the minimal amounts made per transaction. Although it does create cash flow on a constant basis, it does not promote growth for the organization as a whole. Success is celebrated not by long term achievements, but on daily routine of moving load by load.

The hardest working people in this organization, or the staff that routinely make this company conversions on a daily basis, or babysit the business they have currently. Management continuously is tripping over nickles, to pick up the pennies.....
Pros
you can make lots of money based on freight moved
Cons
micromanagement