Quantum Murray LP Employee Reviews

A fun place to work
HSE Coordinator / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2018
I was with them along time ago and I know that there is different management in place since my time there. I enjoyed myself and learned a lot under the old management.
Pros
Had a great team
Cons
Did not align with new magement
Great People, Clueless Management
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON8 January 2018
An exciting atmosphere, an undesirable Management team and a horrible corporate umbrella looming. Sometimes long work days, variable depending on where you're working that day. Good benefits, decent wage but no opportunity for job growth. A lot of empty promises.
Can learn a lot if willing.
The people make this company a good and successful one
Pros
Helping the environment
Cons
Poor Management, no job growth
Hard Hours but Good Salary
Labor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton4 October 2017
Decent place to work. Taught you well but could get frustrated if you did not pick things up very quickly. hours were long but salary helped.

Tried to get us to take less money to than agreed upon but caved when confronted. didn't pay for our flight home.
Pros
Salary
n/a
Asbestos Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 August 2017
This was a good company to work for, good benefits & work atmosphere. They were very concerned with safety procedures
and followed government standards
Great People / Poor Management
Project Coordinator/Jr Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta26 May 2017
Great people work here but the Management is something to be desired. They are manipulative and unprofessional. They need to see what the workers do on the ground and not have so many team meetings that just have empty promises
Associated with Thomson Metals
Heavy Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 December 2016
Quantum Murray was a partner to Thomson Metals with different divisions like demolition and Hazmat service for chemical spills etc.
demo
Demolition Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 December 2016
Quantum Murray LP was a great company to work for I was always on the road working or just outside of where I was staying I was doing demo construction great work if your a young worker.
Good company
Site Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2016
This once was one of the top companies to work for in Canada New management and CEO changed the company so much and was no longer a good place to work
Pros
one of the safest companies out there
Cons
lots of favoritism to certain people
Great experience but management does not care.
Hazaedous Materials Technician (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON19 March 2016
Quantum used to be a great place to work. Used to feel like a family and you were well taken care of. Everyone worked very well together and people were overall happy to work there. Unfortunately things became more corporate and management became focused on numbers not people. Management no longer cares about their employees and will let people go with out warning or a legit reason. You are not recognized for your hard work and management is more concerned on focusing on one's mistakes and pointing out failures but not working to improve them. It's like they hold a grudge on the smallest mistake. My last few years at Quantum were not enjoyable and that mentality was shared my most of the senior employees. They are on track to loose good hard working people. Unfortunately management has the mentality that these people are replaceable and they can find anyone to take the job.
If you take care of your employees the numbers will show that.
Despite the issues with management I really loved this job. Good hard work with an ever changing environment and can be very exciting.
It's too bad I have moved on. I will definitely miss it.
People don't quit jobs they quit managers.
Pros
Great pay. Awesome experience.
Cons
Never home. Management.
Great until it wasn't
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2015
didn't carry the corporate mentality till they let over 62 people go to improve profit, it used to care about its employees, its now all about the numbers.
Pros
Employees all work well together
Cons
Loyalty has been disregarded
Very productive and fast paced work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2015
This was one of the greatest learning experiences I have ever had in my life, the job itself was hardwork, long hours, and meant leaving home for months on end to live in hotels across the province of Alberta. The company was fair but played favorites towards certain positions and employees. I wouldnt work for them again based on that I would like to be home at night for at least a week per month, this job cannot provide that for me.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Never be home and always on the road
Very nice people to work with.
Heavy equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 March 2014
Worked in plant, had to wear an oxygen mask do to the chemicals in the soil.
Do not give your life to a company that does not care about you !
Project supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 February 2014
Management is far from where it needs to be for a company this size.
Most Estimators and project managers have little experience in Demolition. As a relatively new venture in west coast they will not survive producing work at level they are unless they get a seasoned demolition Manager. They delivered as promised but there promises were misleading when hired. Generally if your looking for Work take it if your looking for a Home pass on it as I did.
Pros
Big company perks
Cons
Mostly out of town work
Very pleasant and exciting office atmosphere.
Office Manager/Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 January 2014
A perfect balance of accounting and assisting on projects.
Pros
Wonderful place to work
Cons
No Cons
Fun place to work with lots of responsibilities
JR .Project Manager/ Coordinatoor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2013
I liked working for Quantum. I did lots of different tasks, ranging from simple office tasks, to month end billing, Inventory, scheduling workers to sites, getting permits, writing and processing purchase orders. The hardest part was finding the time to get everything done, but that was a challenge i liked in the job.
Balancing the reviews
asbestos remover (Former Employee) –  edmonton , alberta11 July 2013
As they put zero cons about this company. Are they serious? I have worked for them last year doing asbestos removal.Worked out of town, they took smoking in the hotel room charges off my cheque but not my roommates.He must have lied to them on the phone saying it was only me.
Pros
LOA givin before the job
Cons
Ripped me off
Proactive and Interesting Corporate Environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2013
Wonderful Executive Team to work with and they have a proactive move forward way of thinking. Co-workers work well together.
They company believes in the value of life-work balance.
Pros
Great Support
Cons
No Cons
interesting place to work.
labour (Former Employee) –  calgary AB, BC, Saskatchewan12 March 2012
Quantum is an interesting company to work with and some good management,
Pros
got payed every week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quantum Murray LP. Our community is ready to answer.