Quality Inn and Suites

Quality Inn and Suites Employee Reviews

Canada202 reviews
I'm so Happy and Grateful to be part of the company listed in my resume because I gain experience and meet new friends and people. I must say that this really a once in lifetime adventure
Worked alone from 11pm-7am, no security. No shift premium. Never saw so many hookers & drug dealers. Had to do Night Audit, Front desk, Security, & Maintenance. Had a mentally disturbed guest threaten me, GM was no help & Manager was upset when I asked her to come in to replace me as I was too scared to stay there alone. Was there a month & 1/2, never went back, not worth min wage.
Pros
Cons
Listed above
i meet lots of different people. My day is never boring. I get along with my co workers their just a part of my family. I learn a lesson every day weather it be a small lesson or a life lesson
Pros
they treat you like family
Cons
some guests can be mean
I have worked their almost five years, few difficult days was, organization did the system change over while I was working. I have learned managing the staff.
Pros
Free lunch and other benefit
Cons
Located in cold place
The job was great. Pay was good but not great. Unionized so they have to follow the guidelines. Great benefits after 90 days. The owner is super, however the person left in charge plays games and the people liked are favoured. Not noticeable at first but it shows up eventually.
Pros
Meeting great people.
Cons
Too many children dressed as adults.
Everyday is something different, from fixing appliances to laying new flooring.
Diverse culture within the hotel with friendly staff.

Looking for a challenge this is the place to look.
The hotel was very disorganized when I was working there. I enjoyed being a server but too much was expected of servers and you always worked more than your scheduled hours.
Pros
getting to meet people from all over the world
Cons
long hours and little pay in a disorganized environment
I have worked here now for over 10 years. It can be stressful but we always have fun doing our job.We have a great bunch of people working here. they always are here if you need to talk they understand life happens.
Pros
We get pizza lunches sometimes
Day was busy. Learned how to manage time according to amount of rooms that needed to be cleaned. Some staff were very sloppy and unorganized. In general most staff were nice.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
was unorganized
Management switched during my employment. The vendor now has a great manager now. Great people to work with. very repetitive work, however, regulars tip and fun to talk with. Has a driver through which i didn't like.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Quality Inn and Suites?
staff was very nice but the management didn't care about any of the employees, long hours for bad pay, complicated ways of doing simple tasks, no opportunities for advancement
working at former work place have been a great experience. my job have help my to learn how to deal with the customers and work for customer satisfaction .
Une journée typique de travail était d'assurer le bon fonctionnement des réservations, tant derrière le comptoir qu'au téléphone.
Mon apprentissage était rempli d'imprévus et d'heures de travail que je ne calculais plus. J'ai trouvé une vocation.

J'étais engagé comme préposée à la réception et le lendemain comme gouvernante et puis j'ai fini comme superviseure.

Les difficultés (ou la peur de n'être pas à la hauteur) ne m'ont jamais arrêtés.

J'aime parler de la ville et de ses nombreux attraits, j'aime le monde et l'esprit d'équipe.
Pros
grandir
Cons
Le manque de respect
In the beginning, I thought it was great work environment. Everyone seemed so nice. Soon did I learn how passive aggressive everyone was and leaving “friendly” notes directed at staff. It started with changing the POSTED schedule without asking or notice. Then I would receive text messages over the weekend full of questions why I ordered so many bananas or why I didn’t order enough. I was damned if I did and damned if I didn’t. I could never do anything right. At this specific hotel, if the occupancy is 80+ then it was set up 50/50 disposable plates and cutlery. If 100+ it was full disposable and 2 breakfast attendants. In the last weeks, I was left with full dishes set up and the kitchen not adequately stocked (not enough thawed bread/bagels) when it was extremely busy and I was often on my own with 120+ guests. I started to feel as though the kitchen supervisor was setting me up for failure and making me want to quit because they couldn’t fire me. I busted my butt and my back (hired me knowing full well I had a back injury and could only lift so much) and still finished long before the more experienced workers. I saved them money and got treated as though I owed them something. I gave my proper 2 weeks notice and was asked if I could stay longer. The day before my last day was my breaking point. I talked to management and informed them I could not fulfill my commitment due to medical reasons and I was told I stuck them in a real jam, rather than that’s too bad... I hope you will be ok, take care of yourself. A lot of the supervisory responsibility was put on me when I was - more...
Pros
Finished my shift by lunch
Cons
Fake
The owner was horrible with his staff. Scheduling was horrible. Staff were not helpful at all. Everyone was fending for themselves and for me that`s not how life works!
Quality Inn and Suites was a job that fluctuated depending on the Season. Some days were very slow and quiet, while others could be incredibly hectic and busy. Overall I enjoyed the atmosphere but felt as though our management team was slightly disorganized which lead to issues for the team. Guest interactions were mostly positive, I met many very warm and friendly people. I found the most challenging part of the job to be accommodating sports teams during tournament season.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, low key atmosphere
Cons
Shifts could be disorganized without proper management, occasional negative interactions
A casual place to work. Not much supervision. Only draw back was having to work every weekend and being on call during the week. Some bonuses paid on doing extra rooms. Some guests tipped, but money had to be pooled.
Cons
weekend work
Worked with Manager's and Rank and File staff Hand to Hand. Specialize in Building Team to Improve Productivity and Profit Margin for the Company.
Create a Friendly and professional work environment.

Launched One to One Training and Group Training , help them to exceed the expectation of customer, Selling Skills. Communication Skills.
I personally liked it since the management staff is very caring and had a general interest in how your day was. If you are sick or can`t come to work for some reason then they accommodate you.
Pros
Job security
Cons
relatively long hours
This is a fun workplace too. I have met a lot of people with different race and culture but despite that we get along and communicate well. workmate are fun.
When hired as a shuttle driver, they added to the duties after the fact without financial compensation. The staff work very hard for the rate that they are paid.
Pros
Personable Management
Cons
job duties change after you are hired
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Inn and Suites. Our community is ready to answer.
1K