Quality Inn and Suites

Quality Inn and Suites Employee Reviews for Night Auditor

Night Auditor10 reviews
Canada10 reviews
I worked form 11:30PM to 7:30AM. The Night-Auditing is computerized. Any errors, the previous shifts failed to identify, will haunt you. I learnt the auditing in there; managed to survive there because I have find the mistakes and correct it. The pay was too low.
Pros
Learnt the toughest auditing process
Cons
A family working for the Boss is managing - you would be assigned the worst shifts
I worked as a night auditor and there was absolutely no communication between employees and management. I brought multiple issues to their attention and received no answers. They are unprofessional in the way they conduct their business, guests in the hotel are absolute last priority, at least once a night I would receive complaints about things that other shifts had done wrong or not completed at all. When I started working there I received training on a shift that I wouldn't be working on and only 2 days of training on my actual shift and was left to figure the rest out myself and when I had a question and attempted to contact management I would receive no answer. A typical day as a night auditor includes attempting to figure out what the day shift had done wrong and figuring out a way to fix it. filling out information from the daily statistics from all departments in the hotel and restaurant. however multiple nights I was not provided with the information from the restaurant needed and couldn't complete the work. you are also expected to take orders from every manager in the building including the restaurant manager even when what they say contradicts another. Although this job does offer completive pay it is no where worth it for all of the things that are expected of you. as a night auditor you are the only employee in the entire hotel and are expected to look after 86 rooms of quests completely alone. This job is also not meant for a young female as there were multiple nights that I was made to feel extremely uncomfortable by drunk guests and when I brought it to the - more...
Pros
competitve pay
Cons
bad managment
Worked alone from 11pm-7am, no security. No shift premium. Never saw so many hookers & drug dealers. Had to do Night Audit, Front desk, Security, & Maintenance. Had a mentally disturbed guest threaten me, GM was no help & Manager was upset when I asked her to come in to replace me as I was too scared to stay there alone. Was there a month & 1/2, never went back, not worth min wage.
Pros
Cons
Listed above
An alright place to work,you get a free gym membership when working there. Most staff is friendly and willing to help,others just want to cause drama.
Pros
Great people for the most part
Cons
It's very easy work to be a night auditor however, there is a lack of security. The Quality Inn & Suites here in Lethbridge has had many robberies, thankfully none during the time I worked there. As a night auditor there, you fix the morning staffs mistakes, take out garbage, and occasionally make breakfast. Sadly my reason for leaving the job was because of the one Manager working there. Unless you are a female looking for a job there, you'll be fine. She is very sexest, and I have reported it. But the thing I enjoyed most about the job was cleaning the pool and the customers that would come in.
Pros
Easy and Quiet
Cons
Management and Wage
This job was overall fairly good. Had some drawbacks such as doing laundry and cleaning. When starting, I had to count the cash flow, to make sure it balance, check people in, answer phones, responded to any question for customers. At midnight, I had to start my audit, and use Excel to prepare the nightly audit. Print out all the necessary work, prepare cheques and money for a deposit, and filed all necessary paper for the manager. I did laundry during my shift as well as clean the front lobby. Walked around the hotel to make sure there were no issues. I was pleased with the co-worker and managers. They were all helpful when needed. The hardest part of my job was having to clean and do laundry. It is not that it was hard, just I was not happy having to do it. At times customers were demanding, but you get that at any employment. My most enjoyable part was doing the audit. Not always was it easy, but I do enjoy a challenge once in a while. What I have learned from this job, is adding more experience to my accounting/bookkeeping skills.
Nice and friendly people to work with. Very good Management. Well paid and looked after. Flexible hours. Great location.
Friendly people to work with
Great managers

Learned lost of new things

hardest part being alone all night leaving

enjoyed being able to help and put smiles on the guests faces before
A typical night at work: Night Audit = Register arriving guests and assign rooms, Take, cancel and change room reservations, Process telephone calls, Provide information on hotel facilities and services, Provide general information about points of interest in the area, Provide information about services available in the community, Arrange services required for guests with special needs, Process wake-up calls, Process guests' departures, calculate charges and receive payments, Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms, Maintain occupancy statistics, Customer service oriented, Follow emergency and safety procedures, Work with minimal supervision, Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying), Perform light housekeeping, cleaning, and shredding of paperwork with personal information that will not be kept on file. Assisting in completing night audit with other front desk personnel.

What I learned - Organization of front desk responsibilities for a two-person front desk night/audit operation. I had worked alone on night audit previously.

Management is professional and personable.

The hardest part of the job is staying awake between 4 and 6 a.m. and acting energetic enough to complete the early morning tasks.

The most enjoyable part of the job is registering arriving guests and processing guests departures; asking if they had a pleasant visit to this city. This always gives me a lot of satisfaction with my work; one of my co-workers who doesn't do this always comments on this, I don't know why he doesn't try this also. It is good
 - more...
Pros
Bonuses.
Cons
I'm tired of night audit. I want day shift again.
The first experience I had that correlated with my education.
Pros
great job experance
Cons
only 2 days of work possible and minimum wage
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Inn and Suites. Our community is ready to answer.
1K