Quality Inn and Suites

Working at Quality Inn and Suites: Employee Reviews

Canada232 reviews

Found 232 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,143 reviews

It was okay for a while

One manager here works so hard to keep this hotel running. She bends over backwards for this company. Most employees were kind the job gets tiring after a while because they begin to expect too much from one person. The people who stay here can be quite sketchy sometimes.

Benefits are deceiving

If you value benefits don't apply here. They collect premiums but don't deliver! Once you are off work sick they cancel your benefits. So you can't get prescriptions etc. coverage. They take your premiums and leave you high and dry!! Negotiate your wage if you decide to work for them because once you're working for them they will deny requests for a raise. On the bright side they can't get staff because of the low rates of pay so if you apply you will get hired. No experience necessary!

Pros

Management are nice but have their hands tied

Cons

Be prepared to do high volume. No staff available for holiday relief etc.

Insights into Quality Inn and Suites

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

It's is not for one people

They have there people and for new ones they make it not so easy I worked my but off here and was let go with knowing why or what happened they just say.its just about your 3 months and we not keeping you not a thank for working there or nothing. Not so nice of people..and I guess I should say they have someone who is helping themselves to people things and money.

It's awesome place to work

Our boss is awesome,And all the other people that work there to is awesome,,But a raise would be nice because we do a lot of work for what little we get

Coworkers are great but the owner is not.

For the most part, I enjoyed my time working at the hotel. Most of my co-workers were fun to work alongside but there were a couple who were frustrating.I was told the owner was a nice guy but he doesn't like when employees make honest mistakes.

Pros

Great co-workers and managers.

Cons

Owner is not very forgiving.

Fun but busy place!

I worked here for almost 3 years and have enjoyed every moment of it. The people that I worked with were great to get along with as well as Management. Sometimes the work was hard but that is just the industry.

Like working

The work day is not always fast paced but it is interesting when working nights. You get to meet lots of different and interesting kinds of people. Job can be awarding if you make it so.

Pros

Meet some great people

Cons

Have to deal with some strange people sometimes

Low page, high expectations

They have you clean 16 rooms a day and pay minimum wage. They give you 30 minutes for each room and don't pay you more if it takes longer. The only good thing is that you can work on your own.

Great place

Really enjoy working here, fun and friendly. The staff and management are great to get along with. No complaints from me . The free gym and swimming pool is a great bonus

Pros

Free gym and swimming pool

Its good job and i loved the management group. They are very supportive personal and professionaly

Good company friendly atmosphere i worked here as a house keeper i did bedding bath room cleaning sanitising the furniture, and the management provide efficient and regular training and supervision to the employees professionally

No room for advancement and no organization within management.

I worked for the company for almost two years and was truly not compensated fairly for all that was expected from me. I was paid minimum wage for overnight work. I was alone for almost all of the night with no security or protection of any sort. Management is either uninvolved or overinvolved and have expectations higher than the pay grade they give. Achievements were hardly acknowledged. There was no room for advancement, and if you did get promoted and put onto salary, you're expected to put in too many hours and end up making less than minimum wage in the end.

Pros

Hotel discounts Restaurant discounts

Cons

Long hours, no protection, no flexibility in scheduling, poor pay, no benefits

Owner doesn’t want to spend money

Micromanage staff at all times. General Manager’s are required to do everything and pay is not compatible to other hotels in Medicine Hat. Working for the company is horrible. No managers stays more than 3 months

Cons

Working at quality inn is good. Team work is number one . You can always count on your peers for help wen needed. Management go above and beyond for you wen needed. am very clean and organized so it made my job easyer and more fun..

Not recommended to work

Experience and observe their management was poorly organized. Was not really given the right job I applied instead to fill-in another work. They hire and fire people without warning.

Pros

Friendly co workers

Cons

Assistant manager lays off people for no reasons and no warnings.

Fun workolace

Great staffGood hours in summersWinter is too slowGreat managementEven get call when they need youWeekdays are boringBut overall great experience

Cons

Tiring weekends

The hotel is managed by well-educated and efficient staff

The hotel is managed by well-educated and efficient staff. I had a wonderful job experience there than in other places I worked. The management team plays a super organized role under the supervision of the general manager. She does not let any special moment go without celebrating: it makes the workplace fun even in the busy time, the staff enjoys working there. She always brings up something new for the staff to make a difference at work. I worked in the housekeeping department, and the hotel was busy because they always have many guests due to the excellent service they provide. The housekeeping manager was an artful strategist of her profession. She creates a peaceful and friendly environment for the staff.

Pros

Discounts for family and friends; snacks and coffee; swimming pool and gym.

Do not bother working here

They will overwork you with the excuse that it is "part of the union agreement". Front desk staff gets to sit around and chat all day while the housekeepers are made to clean the most disgusting filth. The hours are long and the labour is difficult. Management will not do much to help you and will find excuses to have you do more work as part of the "union contract". To anyone looking to work here: DON'T. They will work you like a dog and treat you as such.

Pros

Co-workers (housekeeping staff) were great

Cons

Long days, filthy rooms, poor management, body aches and pains, poor benefits and salary for the amount of work required

A Home away from Home

Being an employee at Quality Inn and Suites was a great feeling for me. I never thought that this is my work place. All the staff members are very nice and helpful.Thankyou Quality Inn and Suites

Management very nice to work for

I enjoyed working at the quality inn even if it was only for a short time .I had to move away thats the only reason I left..beautiful hotel great management..

Fast Paced Environment

While working at this job I have learned so many new skills. It is a positive atmosphere with a team focused approach. At times it can be challenging but I learned a lot about problem solving and skills that can help me in the future.

Pros

Experience and competitive pay

Cons

Shift flexibility

Good place to work with good and friendly staff even the manager is so friendly and lively.

The staff's are friendly and warm, it's a nice environment to work in and I really enjoyed working there. Always ready to assist if you need help and willing to be of help anytime. I enjoyed working at Quality Inn and suites. I recommend it for anyone willing to work there.

Pros

Ni free lunch, but we do have treats once in a while

Cons

Yes you get long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Inn and Suites. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement