Quality Inn and Suites Employee Reviews

Love working on the Front Desk
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 May 2018
I enjoy providing excellent customer service on the phone and in person. The staff and management are all great to work with. The software is user friendly and is fairly reliable. The hardest part is dealing with unreasonable guests who want everything for nothing. However that is on a rear occasion.
Pros
Get our meals 1/2 price
productive, challenging
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK19 April 2018
Was always a busy day at work, was challenging but rewarding. the best part of the day was the free breakfast for all employees. was always glad at the end of the day.
fast-paced, but easy going
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 April 2018
I would start my day with my room list, gather all the necessary materials I needed for the day, and get to work. I made sure that the rooms were done correctly, made sure the customers were happy, and helped out others when needed.
centralized audit
Night auditor (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB13 April 2018
I worked form 11:30PM to 7:30AM. The Night-Auditing is computerized. Any errors, the previous shifts failed to identify, will haunt you. I learnt the auditing in there; managed to survive there because I have find the mistakes and correct it. The pay was too low.
Pros
Learnt the toughest auditing process
Cons
A family working for the Boss is managing - you would be assigned the worst shifts
Full of good, hard working people, Quality Inn was a perfect working environment.
Hotel Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB2 April 2018
Though the tasks assigned to us were sometimes difficult to manage, we always worked as a team. One cleaning crew always had 2 people. Sometimes we would split up, tackling as many rooms as we could individually, then coming back together to handle the rest if any of us had extra work that needed to be done.
desk clerk
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Arnprior, ON23 March 2018
An alright place to work,you get a free gym membership when working there. Most staff is friendly and willing to help,others just want to cause drama.
Pros
Great people for the most part
Stable Place for employment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB22 March 2018
- Good place to work, very good team atmosphere
-Front desk, you work solo, so its nice to have control of situations and you learn valuable personable skill
-Consistent schedule
-Good for allowing time off for family matters
This place was a good place to work at it was fine and treated their staff great
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 March 2018
The Quality Inn is a great place to stay if you're just looking for a quick stay with a family or friends just to it visit Halifax a little bit the staff there are very nice there's a pool there and it's pretty clean not really any complaints except for the breakfast it's very very cheap.
educational and difficult position made lots of friends in the industry
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 February 2018
very hectic when busy but in a good way
if you have worked hotel before they are standard
very qualified managers and regional managers
standard service industry atmoshpere
the difficult part is keeping up with the brand standards and the uncertainty of occupancy
meeting people from around the world and having a large company name is very comforting
Pros
never a dull moment
Cons
some days are tedious
Nice place to work
Line Cook / Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE28 January 2018
Overall a nice place to work,The kithen is small and easy to clean.The lady that that runs the kitchen is very nise and easy to get along with,and every year you get a review to see if you get a raise.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
One of the Managers
front desk
Front Desk Reception/Chamber Maid/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 January 2018
i found it quit quiet at night while i was there. It was every second day we would get a little busy from the rocky mountain rail road train. The pay was not great but i some how managed to get by, but that is why I am not working there any more there was no benefits and it was low pay at that time.
Amazing work culture
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 December 2017
daily interactions with guests.
great friendly and amazing management
treating each other as a family rather than a work team members
great connection starting from management to the Housekeeping department
Fun and friendly workplace.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON29 November 2017
Excellent and friendly staff. Down to earth management . Always felt as part of the team in all department and our work was appreciated . Rewarded with work parties and days off.
Pros
Discounts on hotel rentals. Good exercise.
Cons
exhausting work. Work most weekends.
Horrible organization and management
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Gananoque, ON22 November 2017
The owner of this Choice Hotel location hired multiple people at the end of the summer and promised them full time employment and convinced them to leave other jobs. Within a few months, approximately 20 people were let go. The owner decided overnight to bring family down to be the staff and let go every one else or offer them part time or occasional work illegally under the table so we could collect EI. I was told I was cut from 40 hours a week to 24 every 2 weeks overnight.
Pros
Very relaxed environment, no supervision
Cons
no training, convinces employees to leave other jobs for convenience, drops hours significantly overnight, extremely absent management, forced to deal with management issues were not trained or qualified for
Decent pay but horrible work environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2017
Good pay horrible work environment. The managers go by favoritism and treat you like slaves. Too much drama. Managers will not give you the days off you want and just make the job miserable for you. Overall the General Manager was really nice but the other managers need to go and get new management for this corrupt hotel to be successful. Over 10 new employees left, now you know why.
not good
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB24 September 2017
everything went down the hill working here and stuff like ur better off in a different place to work and to many problems with them as well that is all i can say about them as well
Good experience and fun people.
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2017
The people were very good colleagues, always on task but very friendly. The job itself is very good experience and always had a task on hand. I had a very good time working at Quality Inn.
Not enough hours
Breakfast Attendant/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 August 2017
Overall I had a good experience while employed at Quality Inn and Suites. However, office politics, not enough hours and getting the runaround was too much for me.
Pros
Flexible work hours.
Cons
Lack of workable hours, office gossip, low salary.
Only if you are looking for a part-time position
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2017
This job was a good place to work part-time. The houses were long and tiring. It was a good way to learn basic desk-clerk duties. Management was sometimes tough to work with, however a good learning experience.
Mediocore
Front Desk/Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 July 2017
Good job if you enjoy working in a hotel. Hotel was poorly run, however job was great. Hotel shut down eventually, likely due to the people running it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Inn and Suites. Our community is ready to answer.