Quality Inn and Suites

Quality Inn and Suites Employee Reviews

Canada200 reviews
Vert peaceful to work here
The manager ils vert kindful ans patient. There is a good ambiance at work ans the all the collègues are also vert collaborative. I had a good expérience working here.
Fun workplace with friendly coworkers.
- Always keeping busy with different things to do.
- Coworkers are very easy to get along with.

- Management is very dedicated to keeping everything maintained.

- They throw the best staff parties/baby showers for employees.
Friendly and Organized
I love my experience there. I have learnt alot. The team was perfect .Unfortunately due to Covid19 the business is affected. Otherwise I would have stayed there.
Fast-paced environment with an awesome kitchen staff
My direct supervisor was the most amazing manager I've ever had. She was willing to go to battle for her staff if the need ever arose. She would fight for our raises and bring up issues as often as needed until the issue was resolved.
Management scamming employees
I was employed for 1 year did not receive any wage increase from start to finish. And it is a unionized place if you could believe that I'm glad I left
Productive and fun work Place at a Hotel
they are friendly and presentable to the customers and they never turn people away and they give people good information the customers and they are very respectful towards everybody who works there
Great Place
Great place, lots of fun to work. get to meet new people and keeps you busy and thinking. Definitely a great place to work. World recommend!
Apply if interested in hotels
La Direction a changé depuis mon départ
Étant donné que la Direction a changé depuis mon départ, j'ose espérer que les expériences de travail sont maintenant prises en considération
Pros
Le personnel y était super
Cons
Direction pas à l'affût des expériences
Easy work short days
I enjoy working here at Quality Inn West Edmonton. It is relaxed 6-7hr day shifts. Management is awesome and understanding. Interview was quick got hired on the spot.
Not a good place to work
l worked there for 13 years. We had a great supervisor then, and l worked as a room attendant. Three years ago the company sold out to new management. They are not good people to work for, the union rules are not followed and they do not care about their employees. I ended up quitting.
First day great, after that I felt unwelcomed as a team member
You basically have a list to clean specific rooms. The rooms were lovely and spacious so easy to prepare. The job was good for what was expected but .... I was made to feel dumb for asking questions, just scowls. They didnt know what to do with me. They gave me enough of a first impression, Huge disappointment !
Do not apply
I never liked working in a hotel but since I needed money, I was desperate to work here but the experience I had wasn't pleasant at all.
I've only been here for a month.

Shift starts at 8 in the morning. 14 rooms to clean sometimes 18 the most and you need to finish these rooms from say 8 30 or 9 to 4pm. $14/hour, but the rooms you clean are super nasty cuz some people lives in the hotel especially first floor.

Management - the manager was fine for a few weeks, then she started giving me attitude and the staff doesnt like her because shes very rude to them

Staff - well they all know each other so you cant really rely on them cuz they will screw you over especially that black lady who works in the first floor and those two nosy filipinas always asking me how many rooms i have and how many check out I have.

Food - you have to bring your own food cuz theres no free food but you can buy something in the front desk.

Work - very tiring, the people who does the laundry are slower than a turtle! You always have to go downstairs every 30mins cuz you always have to get extra sheets, towels, etc

I do not recommend applying here cuz they only pay $14, not a good pay for a physical job.
Great hotel
It was a great place to work, The owner was able to teach me a lot about running and managing a hotel. The pay could have been better and the work load was a lot. But i would recommend this as a good job
Front desk manager job needs skills
You are managing 100 things at a time, and there can be some unusual events. Quick thinking and managerial skills required. Not very rewarding but definitely a stepping stone for becoming a hotel manager
Breakfast Attendant
Watch your back. Keep to yourself. All employees are very lovely. Housekeeping, laundry, and kitchen have there own routine. Don't ever late for the lobby meeting at 10. Once again, a lot of gossip and back stabbing. Good Luck. I did really enjoy myself and my position until someone else was breeking about more hours.
good
A gig in the food court might not be your number one choice, but don’t immediately pass on that job opening at the pizza stand! The food court is a great place to learn the mall ecosystem and to gain the experience necessary to do something that suits you better. Many people who work in malls get recruited from one company to another. Remember, if you have limited work experience, demonstrating that you have been punctual, reliable, trustworthy and friendly in the food court speaks much louder to the managers at your favorite shoe store than an application that shows no proof of notable work ethic.
I have very good experience working over there.
It was a great place to work and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I improved my communication skills there and come to know how to interac properly with everyone.
Competitive Work Place
I was a great experience for me as i spent a year over there i learnt a lot and i really feel now i became a good problem solver and it was a great team and i got leadership quality while working over there.
Didn't really like working there
I really didn't like working there because of the bad hours and got let go bacause I forgot to wear my suit stupid but true. Other than that it was gravy
Wrongful Termination - Barrie
I could go on about a lot of things, but the problem is that on my shift (3-11) we have no other staff. Whether its a full house on the weekend, or ten people on a slow day, I'm the only one there.

There is no maintenance or security. I (the front desk associate) am responsible to make sure things run smoothly, and that I respond to as many calls as possible. I have never called off for a shift, and the only time I was late was when the roads were blocked from one of the power lines falling down. They will say they had another associate, but they were only there for contract work, they were not hired by the company and do not work under the Quality Inn name. It doesn't make sense to call on someone who paints and assume they'll be okay as a security guard.

I have worked there for months without incident. I have performed multiple evictions from noise complaints and even violence. One night I made the call to have an unregistered guest removed from the property. He was not registered, had no I.D to verify who he was and decided to make it known that he was an ex criminal. With no security, no id and a scenario that screamed 'shady' I made the call to non-emergency to have the two escorted from the property, as I didn't feel comfortable going all the way upstairs to knock on their door.

Apparently seeing the police at his door, the guy jumped from the second story window and ran on foot. My manager insisted I provoked the situation and that I was discriminating against someone just because they had a criminal background. He has insurance. This isn't even the worst
 - more...
You're all on your own.
it was alright working there, just wasn't great when you had to do 14+ rooms all by yourself and strip your rooms by yourself. You are pretty much all on your own there. No one liked to go and help you after they were done too.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Inn and Suites. Our community is ready to answer.
1K