QUALICARE Employee Reviews

Its a great place to work.
Workeer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 February 2019
Dedicated professional with over 10 years of experience providing top quality guest experience to clients and customers. Demonstrated commitment to adding value to my employers as well as making meaningful contributions to various work environments. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Efficient and empathetic, with a background encompassing customer service, finance, and banking. Fluent in English. Strong computer skills. Available to start immediately.
a horrible place to work.
Home Care Worker/psw (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON12 January 2019
Horribly run. no hours. owners only care about their daughter, who isnt even a psw getting hours. belleville branch is awful...clients and employees treated like crapm
Pros
clients are good
Cons
owner favouring his daughter. Clients not getting the care they want.
A Good starter job before becoming a PSW/RN
Home Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 October 2018
nice work place. Office has great support to clients and staff. Room for growth. Pay was always fair. Mileage is paid out if needed to travel to clients that were outside of the city.
Pros
lovely clients
Cons
commuting to one client to another
Efficient and communicative co workers
Client Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2018
The company was efficient in getting me started, had me well trained on my first day, and maintained good communication throughout my work. I couldn't progress in the company due to lack of qualifications.
Productive day at work
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2018
Doing weekend shifts are not usually the easiest, being that I am very productive during the week. A lot has being learned since working as a PSW because I get to express all that I've being taught. I do in-home care and the hardest part of the job is baring responsible for your client all alone, knowing that everything is in your hands. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the client, assisting with ADL's and just making their day better.
Terrible agency
Psw (Former Employee) –  Mississsuga11 March 2018
Terrible company low pay for a psw. Unorganized no hrs only 6 hrs a week.. management are unprofessional and got mad because I wanted to leave. Because they could not get me work for more then 6 to 9 hrs a week would never recommend this agency to no one.
Pros
Cons
No work not enough pay
Avoid working here unless you plan to retire soon.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2017
Not a great place to work. They take you for granted and squeeze every drop of energy and productivity out of you they can.
The client can make it worth it for a while. Co-workers were wonderful.
Pros
Work is meaningful and rewarding.
Cons
Zero work life balance/ plenty of unpaid overtime.
The administration is very considerate and helpful.
Personal Support Worker (Part time) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 October 2017
Duties are given depending on one's availability. Workload depends on the assigned client's status.
Work is good as part time only for there no guarantee that a regular client will be assigned.
Horrible manager
run (Former Employee) –  due30 August 2017
This is a home care agency that is based in guelph. It is quite unfortunate that the manager whom employees go through for assignment etc is quiet unreliable and does to answer emails / texts in a timely manner if at all.
Cons
management
poor company
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 May 2017
worked for this company and it was unorganized and paid $14/hr. so not worth it. has no benefits, no incentive. no communication. bad management. avoid this company if you can
Pros
Cons
bad management, poor salary, no raises
managers treat employees with full respect.
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 February 2017
It is a very nice workplace. Managers treat workers with fully respect. They never push me to do anything and the pay is very well.
Pros
payment. respectful and understanding managers
Cons
unstable hours
qualicare
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON29 November 2016
This a grate company who take care for elderly people. great team members and team work. They provide a holistic care in client's house and they have the best crow on board.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
nothing
Productive and good place to work
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 November 2016
Always team building and working together.management try to solve issues in our monthly meetings to keep up with wholesome care to residents/patients.
The best company I've ever worked for as a PSW
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 October 2016
The hours are very flexible, they work with your schedule and availability. Mileage is being paid, and the hourly rate is reasonable. You can speak with the management easily via email or phone with any problems/questions with client etc. They respond back quickly. Very kind, and professional.
Pros
Management cares for their caregivers, want us to be happy
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON30 August 2016
I would not work with the owners. They micro managed. Did not appreciate the knowledge of the employee. Terminated staff for unjust cause. Unethical practices.
Pros
Good concept
Cons
Micro managed
Horribly unprofessional.
Client (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON25 May 2016
QUALICARE has got to be one of the most frustrating companies to communicate with. They do not follow the schedule they have put in place and agreed upon with their client. Client goes without help for days when their PSWs are sick. Clients are expected to rearrange their day on short notice of cancelation or changes. Their PSWs sit on their phone and complain their social lives rather than doing the work theyes are sent to do. When you make several complaints they drop their clients without any resolution to any issues, without telling you, giving you a notice or any explanation. DO YOUR RESEARCH AND DO NOT USE QUALICARE HOME CARE!!
Pros
Cons
Communication
Thoughtful and Caring Group
RPN Staff Nurse/ Patient (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 May 2016
I found that the staff and management were focused and caring. They try to do their best to enhance the lives of all their clients. The struggle is to find and staff positions that may be only a few hours a day or that require extensive driving.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Inconsistent hours and cancelations
Worked in Many peoples homes
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 April 2016
On a typical day I would be in 2 or 3 clients homes. At times I would do overnight and full days staying up to a maximum of 3 days.

Various clients needed G.I tube feeding, flushing and medication administration VIA the tube.

All clients received light housework, bathing, medication administration, companionship and assistance with safe and comfortable transfers.
Pros
Working as part of a team
not good
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2015
very bad company never work here this is not a food place.,baaaaaaaaaaaaaaadalkhfiuhggfuagfukgabfagfuoqagblabglnakgnapihgrlikgnkahgrbglr nl,mrneqapihnqknh
Bad Management and no room for growth
Non Technical (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers.
The least enjoyable was the boredom and bad management. Management is emotion driven and are abusive with staff. There are temporary moments where they are "nice", but for the most part, it is negative. Benefits are minimal. Bonuses and raises are non existent, unless they favour you.
Continue looking even if you are desperate.
Pros
Employees are amazing
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QUALICARE. Our community is ready to answer.