QUALICARE

QUALICARE Employee Reviews

Canada48 reviews
Managers will collaborate with you regarding assignments. Can expect an immediate call back from management if an issue arises. Most clients requiring support are greatful.
Pros
Can choose shifts
Cons
Sometimes a shift is cancelled at last minute
Unstable shifts, changed multiple times. HR is quite rude in the way they speak to staff. Was considered valuable one week and not the next. Was always changing positions. Not good for those who need daycare. They are also very hard contact, and refuse to Respond to emails. Want things done, do not give staff time off to get them done. Would highly not recommend applying to the agency as it’s very underpaid as well.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
They are rude
The Management Staff were very Sweet, they would listen and understand your problems regarding the job and try to solve them as quickly as they can. The only problem is regarding the number of hours we get.
It is easy to work with management and scheduling. The pay is good for Covid-19 era placements. Many education and job experience backgrounds are considered for hiring criteria.
A typical day as a Qualicare Care Giver involves following the routine care needs of each individual you support. This may be as simple as looking after meal preparation, or something more delicate such as assisting with ambulation, hygiene care, or other supports surrounding activities of daily living
Qualicare does a great job of matching the skills of their Care Givers to the needs of the people they support. This ensures that the needs of the individual are met by the best Care Giver for the job.

One challenge is I faced personally was the loss of someone I was supporting. Even though the individual (92F) was elderly and had an advanced case of dementia, it was hard to see her go.

The most rewarding part of this job is seeing the positive impact Care Givers have in the lives of the supported individuals. Whether it's assisting with a bathing routine, or simply going for a walk around the block, giving someone a reason to smile makes all the difference those in your care.
the management it very good the hardest part it to have job full time in 1place ,the agency it very organized, but same time it hard to fined a personne to remplace in case of emergency
Learned a lot from skills improvement to professional relationships.
Also, very accommodating and makes sure that schedule works out for both the client and employee.
Although i didnt apply but was chosen through a community event due to my knowledge and confidence i still went through background checks and submitting a resume before starting.
Management is super and keeps great communication between each other.

Clients are generally great.
You have flexible schedule while working with them. Office staffs are so nice. You can have variety of clients. They usually give you long hours. Everybody is informed about open shifts.
I really enjoyed working for Qualiticare I was able learn and grow.

I had to work and commute to different areas and places in order to have stead work at all time. It was a great experience but a lot of time away from the family.
Very relax, not stressful. They are equally worker centered as well as client centered.
There are always available hours to work. Good paying if full time worker.
Great work place. Office people are to clients and very supportive to staff. Room for growth. Pay is great compared to other companies. Good chance to get benefits after some time. Mileage is paid if client lives far from once location.
Team members are very nice. They are flexible, understand the problems of clients as well as caregivers also. Pay always be on time as discussed with the payroll dates. Never late from specific given date. Give trainings and increase pay. Best company to join.
Love the clients and the team. Was able to grow and learn. Had to work all over to keep full time hours and stay work, but an amazing experience.
I left because due to the wages paid I was unable to support my family and have a family life.
Whenever there was a problem everybody has been trying to stand behind us as their employees, I had customers requesting jobs I was physically unable to do (I am not a very big girl and I had people ask me to move furniture for them) and the office had been very helpful. When I needed to change my shift they always tried their best to find the best solution for me and for my customers. Absolutely amazing attitude and really fun people to work with.
I am the Franchise owner for Barrie & Collingwood at Qualicare. My enthusiasm in my star ratings may be a bit of "me agreeing with myself". What I specifically offer in this review is this:

1.) Qualicare seeks to improve the quality of life for everyone

2.) Healthcare and homecare in Ontario has a significant number of challenges. One of those challenges is the pervasive underpayment of healthcare workers.

3.) The living wage in Simcoe is $18.01. We do not pay anyone less than that.

4.) Mental health follows from the health of our bodies and how we look after them. Among other things the living wage impacts our ability to look after our bodies. I am committed to making sure that beyond my concerns for the living wage we keep in mind the health of our team and the things necessary to maintain that. Family, sleep, exercise, diet, community, purpose, the air we breath and so much more are all part of this and I work to make sure that any part I play in these things works towards a healthier community both inside our organization and outside.

I love working at Qualicare and hope that those who share our values join us to thrive in personal success. Our values are:

- Client Focused.

- Be the Difference.

- Better Together.

- Listen, Learn & Grow.

- Deliver Quality with Every Action.

- Transparent, Honest and Respectful.

- Beyond the Usual.

- Find the Joy.
Like working with them... they give you assignments that is in line with you...but unfortunately, I don’t know how to drive so it’s hard for me to go from point A to B
This was a brand new company to the Simcoe area and its schedules were located in London. Continuing problem occurred in scheduling making visits run late. Lots of different messages sometime hard to figure out what to do. Often the supervisors would not take responsibility for the request of staff. All managers were friendly and polite but it always had to be their way or shifts were cut from you following weeks.Was not able to make friends or interact with other 80 something staff.
Pros
unsure weekly of hours nothing assigned permanetly
Cons
long drawn out hours
Shifts usually 4-5 hours a day Be flexible in the hours given Ensures better quality of work Excellent teamwork, respectful clients Meeting new client
Pros
free gift cards as recognition for good work
Cons
Dedicated professional with over 10 years of experience providing top quality guest experience to clients and customers. Demonstrated commitment to adding value to my employers as well as making meaningful contributions to various work environments. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Efficient and empathetic, with a background encompassing customer service, finance, and banking. Fluent in English. Strong computer skills. Available to start immediately.
Horribly run. no hours. owners only care about their daughter, who isnt even a psw getting hours. belleville branch is awful...clients and employees treated like crapm
Pros
clients are good
Cons
owner favouring his daughter. Clients not getting the care they want.