Qualia Counselling Services logo

Qualia Counselling Services Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

Bad Experience

I was initiallly excited about the opportunity to work at Qualia after my interview, but this quickly changed once the job began. Days were full seeing clients, which was nice experience, but the company expected you to complete case notes within the hour of seeing clients with no additional compensation (as a contractor). Therefore many unpaid hours were spent each week completing notes. Team meetings were also scheduled each month without pay.I remember very few training opportunities during my time there, which they said would be frequent in my interview. Fellow colleauges were all very nice. However, it was hard to develop a positive, close-knit work environment/culture due to business and pressure to retain clients. The company seemed to evaluate your performance significantly on retention rate (i.e. how many sessions your clients had). Management were to apparently provide monthly supervision, but this was often cancelled or rescheduled due to their busniess either teaching or running the business. I did get the feeling their primary focus was on making money...almost felt like a pyramid scheme, given how busy clinicians were (and how little we were compensated).

Great experience

Pros Colleagues are super supportive and friendly Management is always willing to help and make themselves available Safe work environment Great hourly wage Lots of collaboration within organization Cons As a contractor, can be difficult to complete all notes in the paid hour, So notes are often needed to be completed at home- which becomes very time consuming Not always getting as many hours as you’d like- but this isn’t Qualia’s fault. It’s just the nature of being a contractor and availability of clients

Excellent

Amazing staff dedicated to helping those in need. Excellent management and owners (they know who you are and care). The management and owners always make themselves available for support! Great work culture and work/life balance. Salary is competitive with room for advancement.

Proceed with Caution

I had a mixed experience working at Qualia. The clinical team at Q6 and Brantford are compassionate, knowledgeable, and kind. They all seem to care about their clients and the work they are doing. I did not feel very supported by management. Qualia is working with a vulnerable population in Q6 and I did not feel like they were providing enough supervision. I had supervision scheduled once per month, and on call if needed, however, the supervisors were usually busy teaching, or taking time off. Management seemed to spread themselves thin between teaching the CBT course, supervising clinicians and running the business. The staff at Q6 recommended more peer support meetings, training focusing on intergenerational trauma, more knowledge on the Indigenous population and local resources. However, none of these resources were provided. There was also not clinical supervision that felt as if it was indigenous informed. The company primarily uses CBT and teaches CBT through Laurier. They did not offer staff any discount for taking these courses and they often made obtaining these courses a condition of working here. However, they did offer pay raises for getting certified. Many of the staff were paid contractors and only made a small portion compared to what the company was given. There was a lot of work that went unpaid, such as session prep and note taking. For employees, they are allocated an hour lunch. If they had to take notes or prep over lunch (sometimes due to having 7 clients in one day), the company did not allow you to earn comp time. They said this work should instead be -

Terrible place to work AVOID

Please do not work there. The management only cares about making money and works their staff overtime without compensation. Management is rude and likes to gossip. AVOID THIS PLACE

Jobs at Qualia Counselling Services