Qualia Counselling Services logo

Qualia Counselling Services Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.1Job security & advancement

Great Student Placement Opportunity

Completing my student placement at Qualia has been a great pleasure. They provide excellent opportunities for students to learn through camps, shadowing, individual counselling, intakes. Supervision and support was provided by not only the management team but all counsellors and admin team as well. Would highly recommend for future staff and students as you really have the chance to practice your skills in a supportive learning environment.

Great organization and strong sense of purpose. Great work life balance.

Excellent work culture and everyone shares the same purpose. Supervision is provided regularly. The management truly cares about client needs and your professional development. Competitive wages and great benefit package.

Pros

Career growth

Caring, friendly, compassionate

Being a newly registered psychotherapist Qualia gave me the opportunity to do what I love. Management/supervision is available when needed, support offerred, and as a contractor flexible/understanding of my availability. Truly enjoy working for Qualia and those I support/counsel.

Excellent

Amazing staff dedicated to helping those in need. Excellent management and owners (they know who you are and care). The management and owners always make themselves available for support! Great work culture and work/life balance. Salary is competitive with room for advancement.

Proceed with Caution

I had a mixed experience working at Qualia. The clinical team at Q6 and Brantford are compassionate, knowledgeable, and kind. They all seem to care about their clients and the work they are doing. I did not feel very supported by management. Qualia is working with a vulnerable population in Q6 and I did not feel like they were providing enough supervision. I had supervision scheduled once per month, and on call if needed, however, the supervisors were usually busy teaching, or taking time off. Management seemed to spread themselves thin between teaching the CBT course, supervising clinicians and running the business. The staff at Q6 recommended more peer support meetings, training focusing on intergenerational trauma, more knowledge on the Indigenous population and local resources. However, none of these resources were provided. There was also not clinical supervision that felt as if it was indigenous informed. The company primarily uses CBT and teaches CBT through Laurier. They did not offer staff any discount for taking these courses and they often made obtaining these courses a condition of working here. However, they did offer pay raises for getting certified. Many of the staff were paid contractors and only made a small portion compared to what the company was given. There was a lot of work that went unpaid, such as session prep and note taking. For employees, they are allocated an hour lunch. If they had to take notes or prep over lunch (sometimes due to having 7 clients in one day), the company did not allow you to earn comp time. They said this work should instead be -

Awful

Horrible place to work. They tell you a bunch of lies during the interview, and take pride on firing as many people as they can for no reason. Manager was bragging about the 2 people she fired before I started there. Claimed it was a family environment, definitely isn’t. All everyone does (especially management) will walk around complaining to everyone about how “useless” everyone is. Will sit around and make fun of clients with each other. Nobody communicates, and a lot of them talk behind each other’s backs and make up lies. They Fabricate stories in order to wrongfully terminate staff, except the stories they make up in order to get someone fired, don’t even make sense. Would never in my life recommend working for these people. Stay as far away as possible from them!

Pros

No pros

Cons

Management is rude and unorganized, very unprofessional, the Ohsweken location is infested with mice

Jobs at Qualia Counselling Services