Qualia Counselling Services logo
Qualia Counselling Services

Qualia Counselling Services Employee Reviews in Waterloo, ON

Bad Experience

I was initiallly excited about the opportunity to work at Qualia after my interview, but this quickly changed once the job began. Days were full seeing clients, which was nice experience, but the company expected you to complete case notes within the hour of seeing clients with no additional compensation (as a contractor). Therefore many unpaid hours were spent each week completing notes. Team meetings were also scheduled each month without pay.I remember very few training opportunities during my time there, which they said would be frequent in my interview. Fellow colleauges were all very nice. However, it was hard to develop a positive, close-knit work environment/culture due to business and pressure to retain clients. The company seemed to evaluate your performance significantly on retention rate (i.e. how many sessions your clients had). Management were to apparently provide monthly supervision, but this was often cancelled or rescheduled due to their busniess either teaching or running the business. I did get the feeling their primary focus was on making money...almost felt like a pyramid scheme, given how busy clinicians were (and how little we were compensated).

Wonderful place to work

Qualia is a great place to work. Support is offered by admin staff, colleagues, and management. Qualia provides supervision and offers meetings where teaching, learning, and coaching occur, which is available to all of their clinicians. Qualia genuinely cares about the well being of their staff and clients. Qualia supports staff in their personal and professional development. Qualia obtains feedback from clients about client care and their experiences. This feedback is requested for quality assurance and it is used to improve client services. The work culture is supportive and the staff are a wonderful bunch of people.

Supportive Leadership Team

Flexible contractor hours that meet work/life balance. CBT training course an additional cost but worthwhile education for the clinician as well as the clients being served. Management is known as the Leadership Team (LT) and all value their recruits. Ongoing and frequent supervision is an example of how invested the LT is toward their employees. As a new recruit the greatest challenge was attempting to synthesize the new CBT material with ongoing client sessions, but the LT and workplace culture very collaborative and supportive. Great place to work and learn while helping others.

Jobs at Qualia Counselling Services