Qkids Employee Reviews

Great place to work at
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 January 2019
I've been with Qkids for several months now, and I've never had a serious issue. If anything, they've been super accommodating. You can ask for days off a week in advance and they will give it to you most certainly. The pay is great also with bonus.

pros
great conditions

cons
you do need to have or be enrolled to have a bachelor's degree
Pros
bonuses, flexible hours, great staff
Cons
early morning hours, need reliable wifi
Overall Excellent company to work for
ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 November 2018
I have worked for QKids for almost a year as a student myself. I am returning to the workforce full time shortly but as long as QKids will have me I won’t give it up.

All interactions with support staff are online through wechat or email, and the support staff is helpful, accommodating, quick to reply. The pay is decent, I average around $20-$25 per hour, and you are paid promptly every month.

You log in to their online portal where you can see the schedule, your students, support resources, and your classroom. You spend about 30 minutes in the class going through material 1 “slide” at a time and having conversations with students. At the end of class, give feedback and wrap up.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the students and QKids staff. The kids are awesome and in my experience so are their families. Most of the time Mom or Dad will be with the younger students helping them through the lesson with you. I have only had conflict with 1 parent over the year.

The hardest part of the job until recently was repetition of course curriculum. However, QKids has recently added levels and more advanced material to their programs and the variety is great. Even when you find yourself repeating the same classes with the “older” children, their language skills are so great you can enhance the class with conversations while keeping with the core topics of the class.

If there were more class times available I would probably do this full time because it is such a great place to work.
Pros
Work from home, staff, students
Cons
Early mornings during day.ight savings time, depends on your location.
Great Part-time job
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Remote9 August 2018
During summer time in China you can work evening shifts which is great. During the school year Friday & Saturday evening are the only evening shifts. If you don't mind working mornings then it is a great option. Note that working a Friday night shift and Saturday morning shift can be difficult, as you'll only get 5-6 hours of sleep.
In my experience QKids staff is amazing, I have changed my schedule multiple times with no complaints or questions asked from them. Asking for time off has also been great.
I average $25 an hour, but keep in mind you have a 10 minutes between classes. And you are required to log in 3 minutes early. So you have a total of 40 minutes between 5 classes that you aren't getting paid for. I'm not complaining, but it's just a small thing to consider. You don't have to commute time like you would at a normal job. Overall I highly recommend!
Pros
Pay
Cons
New Children every class, can be tiring
Engaging and Safe enviornment
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 May 2018
Best place to work for some real work experience with children and in the education field. Interactive games, and easy to contact service desk. The pay is great and the best part is you can experience all of this from the comfort of your home!
Qkids review
Online ESL teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2018
Qkids is the ideal place to work. I am very supported by Qkids staff in terms of quick communication and response, the interface is phenomenal, and I basically get to make my own schedule. If you like working with kids, this job is amazing!
Pros
Flexible work hours, great bosses, good pay
Good company to work for
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Val-des-Monts, QC11 September 2017
The schedule is very very flexible, as long as you understand how to request time off. Pay is good, I couldn't complain. The software is top of the line and great for kids! This company knows how to attract children and have them all excited and focused during class. I'm happy with JiuQu.
Cons
Too early in the am.
review
Story Editor (Former Employee) –  chair30 July 2017
Also amazing for young professionals who think of having kids one day is an asset and in return can also be taught how to learn how children interact with our future parents for example you ! ...
Pros
love lunch
Cons
chair
Productive and fun environment
English Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2017
Great place to work with amazing children via online teaching system. Management is understanding and scheduling is incredibly flexible. You are given the opportunity to connect with children across the world and contribute to their learning goals.
Great for stay-at-home moms, with kids in school.
ESL English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Canada12 September 2016
I have been working for this company since the beginning of March. There is not one bad comment I can put forth about them. They are all kind, understaning and grateful to their teachers. Somedays, I will receive a funny joke or cute picture, to start my day. The children are very kind and willing to learn. The staff are always positive and helpful. What's great about working here is, you can set your own schedule. As long as you have the minimum required hours. As for their unique program, it's top notch! I have not seen another one out there quite like it. A fun and interactive learning tool that any teacher can appreciate. Each of my lessons have always kept the students engaged. But the key to the students success is a fun and entertaining teacher! If you are someone who loves children, is looking for stay-at-home work or partime work, enjoys helping children learn, is patient, and fun, than this is the job for you! You will surely enjoy working for JiuQuEnglish!!
Pros
Partime work that's fun and rewarding.
Cons
Early morning and evening work. But, you could not ask for a better partime job!