Qkids

Qkids Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
Qkids provides fun and engaging lessons that teachers work through to help kids build up their English vocabulary and conversational ability. The lessons feature the same characters, and are set up gamification-style.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Scheduling subject to demand
Very flexible and accommodating. A very good part-time or side work, especially for a grad student!
The hiring and coaching team is very responsive and supportive with their feedback.

Work from home at your own time.

The early morning hours are definitely a down side, however they have some evening hours available now.

Application process is pretty simple and straightforward.

You can use the following referral code when applying:XGALYD
Certified teachers, look elsewhere.

They do not pay fairly if you have valid teaching licence and master'

Nor aises and they take away bonuses easily. Lots of it technical issues. The parents evaluate you and you are subject to their reviews on you.even if it is ITs fault, they mark you low....

Support depends on your coach, al are different.

You have to log into class 5 minutes early, do evaluations, so really you are teaching 37 minutes, instead of 10 minute break you get 2 minutes.

The hours are not worth the headache 230 am PST? !!!

Run
The students are attentive and eager to learn. The Qkids platform is easy to use and intuitive. Frankly, the job doesn’t require much brain work. Having fun while balancing students retention of the information is all that matters.

The only negatives of this job are the hours and no upward mobility....
You interact with 5 new students a day. Though you are scheduled 7 days a week you only work 3 hours a day in the early morning if you live on the east coast. The management support is excellent if you have any issues. They are quick to resolve them. There are bonuses you can earn for how many hours a week you work as well as not calling off any days.
Pros
A lot of free time
Cons
Early morning hours
Q-kids gives you the opportunity to work with children across the world and teach then English as a second language. It is early mornings but the kids make it fun and i look forward to teaching every day.
I have worked for other online ESL companies before and none have been as understanding and accommodating as the staff at QKids have been. Sometimes life happens, and they get that! This is such a good part time position for those that need a little extra income and the ultimate flexibility. It is also a very rewarding and entertaining job, the children are so lovely and eager to learn.

Thank you QKids!
I love working for q kids. The kids are so cute and fun. Early mornings but once you get started the energy kicks in because it is so cool to see the kids engaged
QKids is such a wonderful opportunity! The pay is amazing, however, during slow seasons it is hard to get classes. Regardless of when you're scheduled, you have the availability to block out shifts within 5 hours if needed---which allows you to still hold other jobs and daytime responsibilities! Love working with them!
The students for the most part were the highlight of the position, however there were many that did not behave, screamed as well distracted and interrupted classes. There was absolutely no monitoring of classes or quality control. The Online interface had so many bugs and would sign you out of class at least once a week and they wouldn't pay you for that class as a result. They don't care about teachers at all, or the curriculum or teaching for that matter there only interest in in making as much profit as possible at the expense of others. Would not recommend this position to anyone.
great employers! Enjoy working for Qkids. I love teaching children. They are quick learners and love to learn. I had a grade experience with the Qkids staff. They are very understanding and accommodating.
Pros
pay, and children
Cons
hours are very early
The management is very well organized and professional. The hours are flexible and the preparation of the lessons beforehand is always done very well.
I've been with Qkids for several months now, and I've never had a serious issue. If anything, they've been super accommodating. You can ask for days off a week in advance and they will give it to you most certainly. The pay is great also with bonus.

pros

great conditions

cons

you do need to have or be enrolled to have a bachelor's degree
Pros
bonuses, flexible hours, great staff
Cons
early morning hours, need reliable wifi
I have worked for QKids for almost a year as a student myself. I am returning to the workforce full time shortly but as long as QKids will have me I won’t give it up.

All interactions with support staff are online through wechat or email, and the support staff is helpful, accommodating, quick to reply. The pay is decent, I average around $20-$25 per hour, and you are paid promptly every month.

You log in to their online portal where you can see the schedule, your students, support resources, and your classroom. You spend about 30 minutes in the class going through material 1 “slide” at a time and having conversations with students. At the end of class, give feedback and wrap up.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the students and QKids staff. The kids are awesome and in my experience so are their families. Most of the time Mom or Dad will be with the younger students helping them through the lesson with you. I have only had conflict with 1 parent over the year.

The hardest part of the job until recently was repetition of course curriculum. However, QKids has recently added levels and more advanced material to their programs and the variety is great. Even when you find yourself repeating the same classes with the “older” children, their language skills are so great you can enhance the class with conversations while keeping with the core topics of the class.

If there were more class times available I would probably do this full time because it is such a great place to work.
Pros
Work from home, staff, students
Cons
Early mornings during day.ight savings time, depends on your location.
During summer time in China you can work evening shifts which is great. During the school year Friday & Saturday evening are the only evening shifts. If you don't mind working mornings then it is a great option. Note that working a Friday night shift and Saturday morning shift can be difficult, as you'll only get 5-6 hours of sleep.
In my experience QKids staff is amazing, I have changed my schedule multiple times with no complaints or questions asked from them. Asking for time off has also been great.

I average $25 an hour, but keep in mind you have a 10 minutes between classes. And you are required to log in 3 minutes early. So you have a total of 40 minutes between 5 classes that you aren't getting paid for. I'm not complaining, but it's just a small thing to consider. You don't have to commute time like you would at a normal job. Overall I highly recommend!
Pros
Pay
Cons
New Children every class, can be tiring
Best place to work for some real work experience with children and in the education field. Interactive games, and easy to contact service desk. The pay is great and the best part is you can experience all of this from the comfort of your home!
Qkids is the ideal place to work. I am very supported by Qkids staff in terms of quick communication and response, the interface is phenomenal, and I basically get to make my own schedule. If you like working with kids, this job is amazing!
Pros
Flexible work hours, great bosses, good pay
The schedule is very very flexible, as long as you understand how to request time off. Pay is good, I couldn't complain. The software is top of the line and great for kids! This company knows how to attract children and have them all excited and focused during class. I'm happy with JiuQu.
Cons
Too early in the am.
Also amazing for young professionals who think of having kids one day is an asset and in return can also be taught how to learn how children interact with our future parents for example you ! ...
Pros
love lunch
Cons
chair
Great place to work with amazing children via online teaching system. Management is understanding and scheduling is incredibly flexible. You are given the opportunity to connect with children across the world and contribute to their learning goals.
I have been working for this company since the beginning of March. There is not one bad comment I can put forth about them. They are all kind, understaning and grateful to their teachers. Somedays, I will receive a funny joke or cute picture, to start my day. The children are very kind and willing to learn. The staff are always positive and helpful. What's great about working here is, you can set your own schedule. As long as you have the minimum required hours. As for their unique program, it's top notch! I have not seen another one out there quite like it. A fun and interactive learning tool that any teacher can appreciate. Each of my lessons have always kept the students engaged. But the key to the students success is a fun and entertaining teacher! If you are someone who loves children, is looking for stay-at-home work or partime work, enjoys helping children learn, is patient, and fun, than this is the job for you! You will surely enjoy working for JiuQuEnglish!!
Pros
Partime work that's fun and rewarding.
Cons
Early morning and evening work. But, you could not ask for a better partime job!