QinetiQ Employee Reviews

To many chiefs and not enough indians
Etc (Current Employee) –  Shoeburyness, Essex14 May 2019
Pay is disgraceful and does not reflect the work you are doing. To many management making up new rules to make the normal workers day even harder than it has to be. Management do this to warrant why they get paid so highly to sit in an office drinking tea all day.
You are also encouraged to grass up each other to warrant a really bad pay rise at the end of the year, this in turn puts all workers on edge and makes everyone distrust the next person. Also bully tactics are put into place if your face does not fit and you are reprimanded if you take holiday leave or go sick. Old school mentality across the board and becoming worse by the day.
Pros
Finish on a friday at 12:30pm
Cons
Management are a disgrace
Profecinal and Productive Environment
Production Planner/ Buyer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MA23 April 2019
Fast past environment with great attention to detail. The Company's different division worked in close groups and understood there job to a tee. The people at QNA took pride in all the companies accomplishments and past employees still do. Truly a rewarding job with the outcome of there commitment to achieve.
Old Boys network culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boscombe Down12 November 2018
Old fashioned, old-boys' network is very pervasive in the company culture at Qinetiq, and my main reason for leaving.

If you're a woman, disabled, from any other minority background: expect to witness lots of examples of discrimination.
fab place
Deployment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Malvern, Worcestershire18 October 2018
great place to work,very relaxed easy going and helpful staff. as a contrator I was made to feel part of the team very quick.

It was a joy and a plesure to work there.
Pros
great staff
Cons
non
Poor salaries for anyone under management level
Slave to the company (Current Employee) –  N/A16 October 2018
Broken promises, no leadership throughout management, nobody seems to actually care, the business brand and logo is basically a sticker to cover over the reality of the fact that this is a globally failing company. No care for employees. Past company slogans include "CASH CASH CASH." Point made. Avoid.
The only constant is change
private (Current Employee) –  private16 October 2018
I worked in the LTPA part of QinetiQ, this has a hangover of life as a government department and as such in the time i worked there has been subject to near constant change and overhaul to make it more profitable and run more like a business. There were many opertunities for advancement and development but only if you are willing to move around and relocate to the work, you'll often be stuck in waiting for some 'dead mans shoes' if you stay in one place.
the salary were generally just below market due to the 'downsizing' but this may change going forward as the business sustains its recent growth.
the non monetary benefits availability differs wildly site to site so be careful if you are working on a Range away from the main QinetiQ sites.
Pros
Excellent work and job satisfaction
Exciting
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Farnborough28 September 2018
This 2 week experience allowed me to see the engineering world. As I experienced this during my school time, I new very little about what engineering can achieve. I was able to help set up a test within the noise test facility in QinetiQ. his allowed me to see how they set up the equipment to test the noise direction of an aeroplane engine. I was able to help a employee attach microphones in specific locations (which I calculated myself), through the use of a cherry picker. With engineering being one of my passions, being apart of a large test, such as that, was a great experience.
The employees that were with me through that experience were kind, and made me feel welcome.
I would like to work for QinetiQ again, and be apart of other projects.
Worst place ever for career progression ( UK ).
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  UK21 June 2018
Any UK Offices outside of the big 'three' - Farnborough, Malvern and Boscombe are ignored for onward progression of any of their staff. In my experience expensive contractors have been employed who have either criminal records against their name or who have falsified their job applications in order to hide a myriad of 'conflicts of interest'.
Pros
All of the cleaning staff.
Cons
Too many glass ceilings.
Revolving door management
Head of Cyber, Security & Influence (Former Employee) –  London18 May 2018
A great company with historical significance to our country. The mismanagement when going private damaged this organisation and the constantly changing management further hurts the business.
It's a shame because the staff are dedicated, intelligent and hardworking.
A steady hand at the helm would significantly boost the moral and delivery.
Pros
Heritage and dedicated staff
Cons
Managment
Great Place to learn
Enterprise build engineer (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire29 March 2018
Working for QQ is a brilliant place to learn and enhance new skills. As an IT engineer the team I was with helped developed my IT knowledge as well as given me the opportunity to progress within the company
Pros
Great for development
Cons
Project time scales
Pretty dead end organisation
Acoustic engineer (Current Employee) –  UK27 March 2018
The company is laid back and stable, but that ends up meaning that you should not expect to progress in your career, especially if in an engineering or science role. Lower level managers have mostly been in-post since the days of QinetiQ being in the civil service, and are generally there by virtue of time served rather than any talent. As a result, team members do not receive the support or direction they require, and senior managers' well meaning intentions to improve the company are poorly implemented. Bad for the employees and bad for the shareholders.
Pros
Easy news
Cons
No progression
Old fashioned.
Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  Farnborough15 March 2018
The company is not ready for the 21st Century. Significant changes in organisation and process are required before they will be able to move towards their desired aim of implementing an advanced ERP system.
Good atmosphere, but a large organization
PE research contractor (Former Employee) –  UK9 December 2017
Interesting work and free thinking environment - fantastic learning environment. My team was concerned about the ratio of meetings to work, possibly academically top-heavy company., leaving research teams struggling for technicians and craftsmen.
Pros
Great Modern Environment
Cons
Lack of support craftsmen
Difficult enviroment
Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire30 November 2017
The company is going through a lot of change and constantly changing direction without bringing people on side which makes it a challenging environment
Continual state of transformation
Technical Training Manager - QinetiQ Academy (Current Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire28 November 2017
Qinetiq are in a continual state of transformation. While the executive group have a vision of the future, this is not transferred to all levels of the business.
Feels like no one cares
unknown (Current Employee) –  England11 November 2017
All I feel I should say is that this has not been an enjoyable experience for me. I would not recommend QinetiQ as a place of work. However, I would recommend QinetiQ for there great R & D department and training facilities for pilots and astronauts.
Extremely rewarding place to work where one could learn much
Site Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Farnborough12 October 2017
A good environment where management required the services to be in place to support R&D at no expense.
The job covered a wide range of roles and gaining the MBA allowed progress in promotion and financial enhancements.
The job was tough at times but always supported by the Organisation.
Pros
Career Development
Cons
Insecure World Market for Defence thereby all jobs were at Risk.
Great people and and culture
Communications Executive (Current Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire24 September 2017
I have a had an opportunity to work in several roles and be mentored by a number of managers. Consequently I have learned a really comprehensive set of skills. I don't feel like I have the opportunity to advance in my role and I have a lot more to give which is not being recognised unfortunately. The people have been incredible but I need to focus on career progression now.
Pros
people, workplace culture, benefits
Cons
salary, career development, wellbeing
Challenging and varied working environment
Direct Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Farnborough6 September 2017
I worked at QintetiQ during its transition from Public Sector to a Private company. This was a fascinating and challenging role helping to bring about the cultural change required during this period of change.
A very good company
Field Technology Officer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA7 August 2017
Worked for Qinetiq for 4 years was a very good company. Thought I would work longer however the contract was not renewed. Overall they are very good. They provide you with everything you need to succeed. All and all a very good company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QinetiQ. Our community is ready to answer.