QinetiQ North America Employee Reviews

Interesting projects and professional management.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MA15 April 2018
This company has a lot of interesting projects and the work environment is friendly and professional. The only down side is that it is a very big and in many ways old fashioned company. The working environment feels like a time warp back to 1995. If your looking for a hip and progressive workplace, this may not be the place for you.
Pros
Interesting projects, professional management
Cons
A little old fashioned
Great Place to learn
Enterprise build engineer (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire29 March 2018
Working for QQ is a brilliant place to learn and enhance new skills. As an IT engineer the team I was with helped developed my IT knowledge as well as given me the opportunity to progress within the company
Pros
Great for development
Cons
Project time scales
Old fashioned.
Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  Farnborough15 March 2018
The company is not ready for the 21st Century. Significant changes in organisation and process are required before they will be able to move towards their desired aim of implementing an advanced ERP system.
Very enjoyable work place
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MA13 March 2018
Worked with very professional yet personable, charismatic co-workers in a very professional atmosphere. During my time here I had the opportunity to learn and understand the severity of "survivability" in the military field. I witnessed while working here during the Boston bombings/Boston Marathon, QinetiQ provided detonation bags to detonate questionable bags & pressure cookers (which Boston Police did use.) I've also been exposed and educated in the top leading Velcro systems for the military as well as many other survivability items that this company has created and produced.
excellent
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlinton VA25 February 2018
Worked in Arlington supporting ONR. Provided project management and admin assistance as required. Work included support via SIOR and other classified tasks.
QunetiQ NA
Contractor to DHS - ICE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX3 February 2018
High levels of stress and security in the environment with flexible work hours and days.
Lots of travel and overnight stays.
Work with many government agencies at various levels.
Pros
Frequent travel both in and outside US
Cons
Short notice on some travel requirements
Great company
Vice President of DHSecurity Programs (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA25 January 2018
Loved working for QinetiQ unfortunately the company bid on a contract that was not awarded to them and we were laid off. Wish the company had other available positions to fill as I would have wanted to stay long term career wise with QinetiQ!
Some really important products
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MA22 January 2018
I am very proud to have been able to contribute to the TALON program, and its service with the US Military overseas. Many lives saved, TALON is an amazing machine.
Qinetiq
Technician (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MA22 January 2018
I was called back a second time due to pauses in Government contracts. It was for me a very easy job that unfortunately did not challenge me very much. Great engineers and pretty competent personnel. However, it was very complex due to QinetiQ's struggle between manufacturing and engineering structure on the shop floor.
Productive workplace
Software Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MA17 January 2018
QNA was a good place to work. Smart engineers, good management, strong products. I felt, as an intern, I should have been paid a little more than I was, but overall the experience was positive.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lower than average compensation
Great variety of technical work
Software Consultant (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MA8 January 2018
Amazing variety of projects in C++ and C#
Embedded systems include custom os, linux and windows embedded
Great Software manger.
Able to work independently is key.
Bad Management
Exchange Administrator (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DC25 December 2017
Bad management, took on management personnel from old contract, that caused the contractor to fail. Management did not value more experienced employees that knew the client. Often seek to under cut employees salaries.
Difficult enviroment
Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire30 November 2017
The company is going through a lot of change and constantly changing direction without bringing people on side which makes it a challenging environment
Contracts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, VA13 November 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at QinetiQ. There was always cross training opportunities available and people who were eager to share. The culture was relaxed, fun but professional. I certainly would work for QinetiQ again.
Pros
Free food and perks everytime we won a new contract
Cons
No telework at the time I was there
Feels like no one cares
unknown (Current Employee) –  England11 November 2017
All I feel I should say is that this has not been an enjoyable experience for me. I would not recommend QinetiQ as a place of work. However, I would recommend QinetiQ for there great R & D department and training facilities for pilots and astronauts.
good place to work
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  united kingdom17 October 2017
there were no lunch facilities on site. sandwich came round in the morning. mainly worked on ground equipment for military aircraft.
job got cancelled and therefore the contract.
Outstanding Place to Work
Operations Manager/Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VA29 September 2017
I worked with a remarkable group of people supporting the United States Marine Corps. The proximity from home to work allowed me to have a better quality of life. My Managers were accessible and allowed me to shine.
Pros
Meeting new challenges
Cons
Departing QinetiQ North America
Great people and and culture
Communications Executive (Current Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire24 September 2017
I have a had an opportunity to work in several roles and be mentored by a number of managers. Consequently I have learned a really comprehensive set of skills. I don't feel like I have the opportunity to advance in my role and I have a lot more to give which is not being recognised unfortunately. The people have been incredible but I need to focus on career progression now.
Pros
people, workplace culture, benefits
Cons
salary, career development, wellbeing
Challenging and varied working environment
Direct Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Farnborough6 September 2017
I worked at QintetiQ during its transition from Public Sector to a Private company. This was a fascinating and challenging role helping to bring about the cultural change required during this period of change.
productive and a fun and safe place to work
Senior Assembler Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MA28 August 2017
I learn a lot with new idea, how to balance with jobs due date is in rushtime to ship out, learn how important customer quality and on time delivery so we can achieving our quarterly goal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QinetiQ North America. Our community is ready to answer.