QHR Technologies Employee Reviews

An employer that treats you like you matter
Marketing Content Writer (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC20 February 2019
Immediately after starting my job here, I felt the difference in office culture. It isn't just the nice people who work here, though there are a lot of them; it's also that respect and care are built into the corporate philosophy. Employees are treated like people rather than like cogs in a machine and everyone I've encountered so far has been a reflection of that. The environment is relaxed and friendly, the trust level is high, and coming to work is fun. It's true that no job is absolutely perfect, but if you're looking for a place where you can make a difference and really thrive, this is a pretty great choice.
Pros
Free fruit & veg snacks daily
worst experience and time pass in talking and Leads are worst.
Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2019
Leads are having worst attitude and very poor communication skills. and team leads doesn't have any technical knowledge about the project. Also there is partiality between developers in offering opportunities for learning. it's all politics.
Pros
Nothing except foosball table.
Cons
Everything except foosball table.
Rewarding work with plenty of opportunity for advancement
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 February 2019
QHR is a fast-growing company that provides many opportunities for advancement. The development department specifically is very well managed and provides many opportunities for different types of development (front-end, back-end, different products/technologies).

As with any company that is growing this fast, there is constant change, and a lot of things going on. However, it is managed well and management is very open to hearing from employees. The culture is great - and very flexible for work-life balance.

The salary/benefits are also very competitive. While maybe not quite as much as you could get in some other places, it is very comparable to many other local businesses and the company culture is worth a lot.
Pros
Opportunity, culture, management
Amazing place to work
Designer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 February 2019
I'm located in the Vancouver office. It's a central location in downtown super close to the Yaletown - SkyTrain station.

I work with the development and product team to create useful and meaningful products for the healthcare industry. The management structure is flat and everyone in my team is open for discussion and improvement. No big egos, just good work.

There is an amazing learning and growth culture place. I have been able to grow a lot in my role where I feel I keep learning new things every day.

Like any other workplace, there is always room for improvement. But overall is a good place to work.
Pros
Good benefits - Good work life balance
Less than a month in my role
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 February 2019
I joined the company just a few weeks back, its been an amazing journey so far. People are very warm and helpful! Its easy to connect with your colleagues/managers and get an understanding of their expectations from you and your role; this helps you deliver to the best of your capabilities and work towards achieving your short as well as long term career objectives/goals.
Pros
Free snacks with delicious dip, fruits for munching, open matrix culture and games room.
Cons
No support for maintaining certifications and acquiring new ones (as far as I know).
A great place to build your career in Kelowna
Employee (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 February 2019
As far as Kelowna goes, I'm sure QHR is among the best places to work. It's generally a fun and vibrant work environment, with a lot of great challenges and opportunities to advance, but I think this is largely all due to QHR's rapid growth and the kinds of perks that software companies provide in general. Companies experiencing a lot of growth like this also tend to have tactical downsides in terms of management.
Being successful at QHR requires enthusiasm and dedication. It's a great place to start or solidify your career if you have a bright mind and you're passionate about what you do. If that sounds like you, then you'll probably be able to take pride in what you do here.
Pros
advancement opportunities, social opportunities, meaningful corporate goals and projects, a Kelowna job with benefits
Cons
long hours, monolithic HR processes, crowded workstations, severe lack of parking space
Exciting work with many challenges
Lead Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 February 2019
Working for a company where it feels like the management really wants to see you succeed on a daily basis is wonderful. The work place is fairly casual and relaxed and management does it's best to reduce stress. You're encouraged and given opportunities to learn new things. There is ample opportunity for vertical and horizontal movement through the company.
Pros
Lots of Coffee and Teas, Vegetables and dip, height adjustable desks
Great Culture, Awesome Vision
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 February 2019
When working here there is never a dull moment. There is so much growth happening and the velocity of work coming in never has us twiddling our thumbs.

My recommendation to management would be to continue the hiring push but also to not forget about those who have been here along the way,
Great People and Great Processes
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 February 2019
I've been in the IT industry for more than 30 years and when I joined QHR, I really didn't know what to expect. But right from day one, the people and the job have been excellent.

The work processes are well structured and there is a very strong team oriented environment. As a member of such a team, we all work together in all aspects of our project. The support and help we all provide each other builds a strong environment for success.

I'm having a lot of fun working here. They use advanced technologies and we're building exciting solutions for the health industry. Without question, this is one of the best companies I have ever worked for and it's because the company really cares about their people and really want solutions that make a difference to their customers.
Pros
Liberal policy for WFH, very respectful culture, well structured environment
Great Place to Work
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 February 2019
QHR Technologies is a company that really lives and breathes it's mission statement. It is full of great people who are passionate about what they do. The work-life balance is better than any job I have ever had. While we are all striving to do the best, you feel supported by your manager to still take care of yourself outside of the workplace. I love the people I work with and the culture of the organization.
Pros
Great culture, snacks, stand-up desks
Exciting Industry, Great Employer
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 February 2019
Employer who understands the importance of a work life balance. Many positions have the flexibility to work from home. Also valuable talent is often retained as remote workers should employees have to relocate due to personal reasons.

Vacation and time off policies are fair and it is encouraging to earn additional holidays the more years spent with the company.

Rewarding to see your contributions influence the quality of Canadian health care.
Pros
Fruit, and veggie platters brought in daily
Really great place to work - career advancement and the feeling you're making a difference.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 February 2019
As said above. I very much appreciate and enjoy working at QHR. My colleagues are exceptional. Everyone is willing to help one another and there is a definite feeling of pulling in the same direction.

As we continue to unite Canadian healthcare there is a common goal of trying to ensure we produce quality.

No two days are the same and the number of projects we get to work on keeps things fresh.
Pros
Growing company, great colleagues, open door policy, making a difference, fresh fruit and veg daily
Cons
Open office concept can get a bit noisy.
Great place to work!
Developer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 February 2019
Been here for a few months and really enjoy it! The people are fantastic and helpful. The company is growing fast and there is more than enough opportunity to advance and do/learn different skill sets here.
Productive and fun workplace.
Software Developer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC28 August 2018
Amazing workplace and culture.
Knowledgeable seniors and the most enjoyable part is playing foosball in the game nights.
Good teammates, gym and medical benefits for full-time employees.
Pros
Snacks and coffee
Do not work here, you'll end up miserable.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2017
Avoid working here at all costs. You'll be bullied, talked down to, provided with sub-par, inadequate training, and made to feel stupid. The benefits are some of the worst in the industry, there is no leadership and HR does not have your back. There are plenty of other PT jobs out there that would be a hundred times better than this place. Run far, far away from this place.
Pros
When youre done work for the day.
Cons
See above comments.
Disappointing work atmopshere
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 March 2017
I worked at QHR in early 2014. I immediatly recognized that management and supervisors were more concerned with metrics and call volume quota being made than good customer service being given to the customer. The learning curve was steep, but attainable.. unfortunatly, the staff were more concerned with meeting their own metrics as opposed to helping the new recruits.
Unprofessional with staff
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC21 July 2016
All staff have immoral interoffice relations.
The bad talking of others and sabotage is continuous.
Trust no one!!
I learned a lot, good and bad, about people and employers.
Thoroughly disappointed.
Pros
Free fresh veggies in staff room
Cons
Sabotage, backstabbing, immoral relations
A very productive and fun workplace with foosball and other activities
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 March 2016
Flexible no stress work environment with many opportunities to learn new concepts. A typical work day involves a SCRUM where problems are identified and progress outlined. Then the rest of the day is spent working between assigned work items (coding and debugging) and peer reviewing code implemented by other developers.

Management lest you do your work with minimal interruptions and meetings. Co-workers are very helpful and are willing to point out where to find solutions to problems.

The hardest part of the job was learning the existing large and complex code base which was often poorly internally documented, before making a single change. Which was very time consuming and frustrating at times, but it comes with the territory, that's what being a programmer entails.

The most enjoyable part is when the work that you do works, its peer reviewed and makes it into the product for the next iteration. It feels good to know that the clients (Doctors and their assistants) in both private and public offices all over Canada will benefit from the changes you've just made. And whats even more impressive is the fact that the changes go live in next very day when the changes are sent out all across Canada.
Pros
10% personal development time
My work experince
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC15 October 2015
I enjoy working here.Fun work place with good friendly team.

Flexible working hours and work from home options.Supportive management .
Pros
Fridays lunches, pizza parties
Just a usual workplace
System Analyst / Development Lead (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC15 November 2014
My typical day includes:

* Attending Product planning meetings (weekly)
* Attending Daily Scrum Meeting (15 min)
* Design and Development (of our main software product)
* Providing guidance and technical support to our US entity (regarding their database needs)
* Providing support to our operation team with the client's issues