QHR Technologies

QHR Technologies Employee Reviews

Canada30 reviews
The company and it's staff really care about their employees. Compared to other Call centers that's I've worked for, it is very relaxed. They are always looking for ways to help you grow and move within the company.
Good company to work for
Managers are a little tone deaf to the team leads under them

Work life balance is great

Great culture

Team work is greatly appreciated in the company
A good company doing their best, but there are still some growing pains. The company has grown a lot over the last few years and it feels like we are still trying to adapt to our size.
It it all glitz and glamour from the outside, but they just want robots inside. The people are mostly nice but way too many people in management positions.
Great Culture, Excellent Management that understands that there has to be a work life balance. Lots of opportunity for growth and development. Always appreciated for my work
It was a great intro to the office environment.

Upper management only cares about the Kelowna office. Toronto is often forgotten and left out of the loop. No advancement beyond entry-level at the Toronto office.
For three years I was told yearly don't focus on my primary area of focus or I wouldn't have a future with the company. But on the day to day basis, they needed me to or clients wouldn't get paid. These two directions completely contradict each other and which ever way I picked, I could end up completely wrong. Either because you ignore the day to day direction from your manager or are ignoring the official written reviews that are put on your employment record with HR.
I complained loudly enough about the “trap”, as I called it, and it cost me a promotion, that they had not told me about. It was all my fault because I should have known not to take my annual reviews seriously.

I liked the work and the people, but I couldn't take management seriously anymore. In my experience, managers at QHR are programmers first. All aspects of management come after that. The QHR management is always right, no matter how wrong they are.
Excellent Culture, amazing People to work for. The staff is welcoming and inclusive, The Leadership is direct and informed and leads their teams well. I really enjoyed my time there while working on a short project/contract.
The work culture is great and not stressful. The building has a ping pong table, foosball and lots of board games.
The best part of the company is the ability to work remotely. They also provide fruit and veggies.
Pros
remote work opportunities
Cons
Salaries could be better
Started with QHR 9 months ago and although it was a huge learning curve for me after changing careers after many years with previous employer, the people involved in my training stayed positive and never made me feel inadequate. Always someone near by to help if need assistance and although a very busy office, my department manager remains calm and is always willing to work with each individual to stay on course!! When in need of more staff, company will hire right away - a far cry from other companies hiring policies!
Pros
Free snacks every day, chill rooms for relaxing, TVs, Xbox, Air Hockey and Ping Pong tables for entertainment
Cons
Very busy office so presents some challenges with workload, however company always fills vacant positions and hires where needed
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at QHR Technologies?
Immediately after starting my job here, I felt the difference in office culture. It isn't just the nice people who work here, though there are a lot of them; it's also that respect and care are built into the corporate philosophy. Employees are treated like people rather than like cogs in a machine and everyone I've encountered so far has been a reflection of that. The environment is relaxed and friendly, the trust level is high, and coming to work is fun. It's true that no job is absolutely perfect, but if you're looking for a place where you can make a difference and really thrive, this is a pretty great choice.
Pros
Free fruit & veg snacks daily
Leads are having worst attitude and very poor communication skills. and team leads doesn't have any technical knowledge about the project. Also there is partiality between developers in offering opportunities for learning. it's all politics.
Pros
Nothing except foosball table.
Cons
Everything except foosball table.
QHR is a fast-growing company that provides many opportunities for advancement. The development department specifically is very well managed and provides many opportunities for different types of development (front-end, back-end, different products/technologies).

As with any company that is growing this fast, there is constant change, and a lot of things going on. However, it is managed well and management is very open to hearing from employees. The culture is great - and very flexible for work-life balance.

The salary/benefits are also very competitive. While maybe not quite as much as you could get in some other places, it is very comparable to many other local businesses and the company culture is worth a lot.
Pros
Opportunity, culture, management
I'm located in the Vancouver office. It's a central location in downtown super close to the Yaletown - SkyTrain station.

I work with the development and product team to create useful and meaningful products for the healthcare industry. The management structure is flat and everyone in my team is open for discussion and improvement. No big egos, just good work.

There is an amazing learning and growth culture place. I have been able to grow a lot in my role where I feel I keep learning new things every day.

Like any other workplace, there is always room for improvement. But overall is a good place to work.
Pros
Good benefits - Good work life balance
I joined the company just a few weeks back, its been an amazing journey so far. People are very warm and helpful! Its easy to connect with your colleagues/managers and get an understanding of their expectations from you and your role; this helps you deliver to the best of your capabilities and work towards achieving your short as well as long term career objectives/goals.
Pros
Free snacks with delicious dip, fruits for munching, open matrix culture and games room.
Cons
No support for maintaining certifications and acquiring new ones (as far as I know).
As far as Kelowna goes, I'm sure QHR is among the best places to work. It's generally a fun and vibrant work environment, with a lot of great challenges and opportunities to advance, but I think this is largely all due to QHR's rapid growth and the kinds of perks that software companies provide in general. Companies experiencing a lot of growth like this also tend to have tactical downsides in terms of management.
Being successful at QHR requires enthusiasm and dedication. It's a great place to start or solidify your career if you have a bright mind and you're passionate about what you do. If that sounds like you, then you'll probably be able to take pride in what you do here.
Pros
advancement opportunities, social opportunities, meaningful corporate goals and projects, a Kelowna job with benefits
Cons
long hours, monolithic HR processes, crowded workstations, severe lack of parking space
Working for a company where it feels like the management really wants to see you succeed on a daily basis is wonderful. The work place is fairly casual and relaxed and management does it's best to reduce stress. You're encouraged and given opportunities to learn new things. There is ample opportunity for vertical and horizontal movement through the company.
Pros
Lots of Coffee and Teas, Vegetables and dip, height adjustable desks
When working here there is never a dull moment. There is so much growth happening and the velocity of work coming in never has us twiddling our thumbs.

My recommendation to management would be to continue the hiring push but also to not forget about those who have been here along the way,
I've been in the IT industry for more than 30 years and when I joined QHR, I really didn't know what to expect. But right from day one, the people and the job have been excellent.

The work processes are well structured and there is a very strong team oriented environment. As a member of such a team, we all work together in all aspects of our project. The support and help we all provide each other builds a strong environment for success.

I'm having a lot of fun working here. They use advanced technologies and we're building exciting solutions for the health industry. Without question, this is one of the best companies I have ever worked for and it's because the company really cares about their people and really want solutions that make a difference to their customers.
Pros
Liberal policy for WFH, very respectful culture, well structured environment
QHR Technologies is a company that really lives and breathes it's mission statement. It is full of great people who are passionate about what they do. The work-life balance is better than any job I have ever had. While we are all striving to do the best, you feel supported by your manager to still take care of yourself outside of the workplace. I love the people I work with and the culture of the organization.
Pros
Great culture, snacks, stand-up desks
Employer who understands the importance of a work life balance. Many positions have the flexibility to work from home. Also valuable talent is often retained as remote workers should employees have to relocate due to personal reasons.

Vacation and time off policies are fair and it is encouraging to earn additional holidays the more years spent with the company.

Rewarding to see your contributions influence the quality of Canadian health care.
Pros
Fruit, and veggie platters brought in daily
Ask a question about working or interviewing at QHR Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.