Qdoba Employee Reviews

Found 14 reviews matching the search See all 1,597 reviews
Don’t bother
Front line server (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 June 2019
This company was okay to work for at the beginning. And within a month of working their the owner was asking for too much! They worry so much about customers and not enough about their employees!
Pros
Half off food flexible schedule
Cons
Bad owner rarely got your breaks
Toxic work environment with terrible management
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 June 2019
The work environment is terrible. The location is very understaffed, so if you call in due to illness they will not allow that and will force you to come in. Never once in my life have I ever worked for a place where they dealt with sick employees in such a way. If employees are sick, they should not be handling food! They at tiles have done the same for the Cook. The work load can be quite heavy at times especially since they have 2 couriers now (Skip the Dishes and DoorDash). There can be quite the line up at times at the door and orders for Skip and Dash flowing in like a flash flood. The environment is quite toxic and management is also not a help at all. I do not recommend this work place to anyone.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management, Pay, Busy, Work load
Great environment
Part time Line service worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 February 2019
I have worked at Qdoba from when the new store opened and it is a great place to work. The team members are like a family and it's a drama free environment.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Unpredictable busyness
fun workplace
Line server (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB17 October 2018
some days no realization of the time with the work load.
learned to meet up with customers' expectations
time goes fast while working
fun workplace with great co workers and managers
Pros
50% free on food
Cons
big rushes
It was easy work, but the management was un expireienced
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 June 2018
I did research on why I was hired on full time for a new company, and why my hours were cut when new management was hired. They just continued to cut my hours un tell I didn't have enough to survive, and when I asked about my hours, they just told me it was because they hired to many people, and the excuse changed every 4 times I asked. Other then the lack of management, it was a relaxed place to work if you know how to cut out white noise. Worked my hardest everyday, and my review they criticized me saying I wasn't all there, mean while I work harder then everyone there, or just as hard. I was not very impressed.
Pros
Get to mind your own buisness .
Cons
but they are breathing down your neck.
Productive workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 April 2018
I gained my management skills while working at Qdoba. Working in fast paced food industry always help you build your communicational and organizational skills.
a place where you feel comfortable working with your co-workers
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  allice Winnipeg, MB6 October 2017
a place where you feel comfortable working with your co-workers. the management knows their job. and the hardest part would be if a co-worker makes another co-worker feel uncomfortable at work.
Good work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 August 2016
Starting was little bit difficult but co-workers are really helpful. Customer Service part of this job is really good.
Pros
Healthy Workplace
Cons
Busyplace
workplace
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg City, MB23 December 2015
As a lime cook, i had to be super fast, organized and paying attention to what the line needs.

I learned about the food product, how to grill the chicken and steak. How to hold a knife in a safety way and i learned how to communicate with my co- workers.

The hardest part of the job was rush hour and closing time because i lived far from my work and i hold to run for the bus.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when i get along with co- workers and working hard.
Pros
break time
Cons
8 hour
fun workplace
Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB11 February 2015
it was a hotel and i work just eventual, weekends, we work 4 or more depends how big was the party, them give us a seccion tables more then 3 tables per server but we work each other when the job wasver hard to did and we hada god relationship with all.
Great good with great team members & staff.
Burrito Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,Mb8 January 2015
Love my job and all of my staff memebers. The food is great & you really feel like mexican vibe.
A typical fast food environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 September 2014
It was great working here because I learned how to work as a team and independently at the same time. In addition I learned how to adapt and react to situations in a fast paced environment.
Productive and Fun workplace
Prep cook, Server, Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 February 2014
A typical day at work would start with frying up tortilla chips that had just been cut the previous day. Once all the frying stuff was done, you would set up the front including replacing any salsa's that were low. All my co-workers that I had worked with made work go by quickly every shift.