Q RESIDENTIAL

Q RESIDENTIAL Employee Reviews

Canada36 reviews
I love cleaning, but the staff and management had a lot of problems this made work more difficult. the agreed-upon hours was 32 and they always gave me more. I almost never had support when cleaning the buildings I was mostly solo. since I was in college and had made the agreement of fewer hours till college finished and them not following threw I was too stressed and had to quit.
Liked working here esp with the vice president's wife. I strongly believe she should be the property manager in Hamilton. She cares about the workers. Unfortunately the property manager they have pretends to but will throw u under the bus to save her skin. Many resident managers talk bad about her just wont step up.in fear of losing there jobs.
Shes a good person but horrible manager.
Vice president and regional manager are abrasive, talk down to staff, tenants and contractors. They have favorite employees and make it very known within the staff setting. Will take your days off away from you if they feel you need to work because of other lacking staff. Will hold off approving vacation time or days off owed. No matter what everything is YOUR fault regardless!!! Promote staff to help each one another then staff will be told not to do it that a not how they do things. Stressful and not worth the headaches
If I was paid accordingly and got the days off I needed it would be a good place. I made the building's a place you wanted to call home smelling clean before the tenants got up for work and made them feel that they were in a safe and clean environment where they were happy to bring there families and friends.
Things have turned a bit cold in my personal experience at Q-Residential in the last couple of years. Workers don’t seem to genuinely care about the tenants anymore, they treat it as a regular job where you go do the minimum and get paid, and it’s really bringing down the company’s reputation. Maybe start looking for employees that would go the extra mile makes a huge difference, but make sure to keep your good ones.
Has no courtesy to the employees, all they care about is collecting money and not do repairs and they don’t care how the tenants treat the on site staff as long as they get their rent. The Regional Manager got their pet and favours them and allow their unauthorized off/vacation and then there’s the change of company where you get a millions of email a day to none cause new company is taking over, no supplies no parts!! This company is a joke!! Stay far away from them!!
The company had no class worked with them for 5 plus years. Christmas staff parties were the best. The company transfer u and then fires u bad company
- Very busy work environment
- I've learned how to stretch my patience and be professional dealing with tenants

- Management is okay

- Workplace culture is very diverse and it is quite challenging at times

- The hardest part of the job is dealing with unhappy tenants.

- The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the tenants and accommodating their requests.
Très bonne expérience de travail. Valorisant et agréable.
This company advertises great pay and accommodations. The pay isn't great at all versus how much you actually work. You end up working on your days off and get threatened by upper management regularly about your job security-indirectly. You can forget about having 2 days off a week working full-time because they always try to scheduel or call you in and because you work on site you cant decline they knock on your door.
Great place to explore myself to become Resident Manager in the Future.
Training in Maintenance and office work.

The large 3 building complex provides numerous projects.

The Resident Managers arrange monthly events for the residents to participate.

Management support us in training.
Manager is rude!
Politics!

Regional Manager no comment about employment complaint!

Always favor who is work long in the company, even they are wrong! They are doing inside job with the manager!

Job is worst!
Pros
No breaks, No holiday pay!
Cons
Long Hours!
It is a very busy and face paced environment - if this is what you are interested this is a great opportunity for you to keep busy but also grow and move up in the industry
We have a lot of training and support from properties in Hamilton. We really work together as a team

Upper management is very hands on and it is nice to see that
Pros
free lunches and snacks; training
Cons
long hours; wish pay was more
Terrible experience. They do not value their employees. Under paid...
Pros
Q Residential feels like one big family no matter what position you have within the company. You will see the vice president(s) and president coming around to the sites and offering a helping hand where needed. Hands down one of the best companies I have worked for.
This company is run like a frat house, they hire incompetent people to over see multiple buildings and teams of staff. Never telling the staff that they have zero work or life experience. Our property manager was a glorified airhead who cared more about her vacations and saving a buck to line her pocket, then to help her staff with supplies such as gloves and proper cleaning equipment. We were used to clean the buildings to a standard they had never neen at fill vacancies and organize the office. Unfortunately for us we did such a good job that we were let go shortly before our health benefits were to begin. Do not work for this company.
Pros
Cons
Neverending nightmare 24/7/365
A company that has an abundance of positive feed back during reviews.

Multiple events to show employee appreciation.

Each manager manages their staff differently so it depends on who you report to as to how you are treated.
I was happy with my position as resident manager, I learned a great deal from my time with the company.
I did find that having the head office located in a different city was slightly less efficient then if it ad been locally owned.
Pros
Living and working in the same building
Cons
Head office in different city
A typical day for me can range from slow paced and very structured to fast paced requiring making adjustments on the fly. Property management can be very challenging but Q provides us with good support and training. There's always opportunities to learn new things and room for advancement. The job is never boring or the same from day to day. Some days can be very long however especially when suites need to be turned over.
Pros
Lots of support and training. Fast paced enviroment.
Cons
Little compensation for extras completed on site or long days worked.
Pros
Lots of support and training. Fast paced enviroment.
Cons
Little compensation for extras completed on site or long days worked.
When i started i was fed all sorts on how the company is a family. Yes the heads of the company are great and you get benefits which help they do take their employees out if performance is good but thats about it. Barely any training the site management had their pets and and would bend over backwards for ONLY certain colleagues. There was absolutely no communication between colleagues, full of high school drama and backstabbing. The pay you get for the work, and abuse you recieve from tenants is appaulling. Also they like to think they have an open door policy but that open door is locked unless you are a favour of the month.
Pros
Benefits, company lunch and trips
Cons
No life expected to do ths impossible