Q-Line Trucking

Q-Line Trucking Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
Great people to work with.
The owner is down to earth . Lots of positive people , great equipment , safety is thier priority.

Excellent place for new drivers , and experienced as well.
place to work
i learned how to be a mechanic

its a job, you work monday to friday and 8 hours a day

theres truck here and i fix them

sometimes they get lunch brought in
Was a great company to work for, no issues. Senior sales team was always available to help when needed. Sometimes slow in answering phone calls, put could always get by email.
Office is rank with Nepotism combined with a lack of training and procedures. Husband wife team makes things very difficult for all staff, the wife especially as she controls the husband who is a manager. If you are looking to work for a company that makes promised but gives no training this is the company for you then. Even after assured that work and home are seperate. This office has no direction, or teamwork due to the mis-management and bullying of employees to keep them down.
I am a company driver. I have a family at home and I was gone for 2 months before they asked me if I wanted to have time off. The dispatchers are good for the most part but they are very slow in getting orders to u. The company drivers don't stop to help u if you are on the side of the road they just drive by. The management try to get u to do some really stupid things some times.
Just a great all around experience working there, the management listens well to employees and is very problem solving orientated. They also seem to genuinely care about the well being of their employees
The employees are quite good to work with though some employees are negative and allowed to continue in an unprofessional manner.

The Senior Management Team are lacking. One manager in particular is very unprofessional and lacks the ability to communicate in a friendly manner. This manager will explode and yell at employees in front of others and treats women in a demeaning fashion.

Employees are expected to work overtime with no compensation and are also on-call at all times.
Pros
Yearly BBQs
Cons
Shop and office were constantly trying to drag each other down.
Husband and wife both work together here. Despite the assurance that home life and work life remain separate, you still know you're the subject of topic at home if one or the other isn't fond of you.

Changes need to be made and never will be, but someone will come by yearly and get everyone worked up and excited about the next big change. Then nothing will happen and a year later they'll do the same thing.
Pros
fun office setting at first.
Cons
small office setting so there is a ton of gossip.
decent place to work.... decent group of people to work with.... decent hours.... decent opportunity for learning....clean facility.... steady work...
They accomodated your needs for when you need to be home. They would sometimes screw you over if you could not tarp a load. ie: I broke my back 15 years ago and couldn't handle the heavy tarps required. After I said i could not do any more loads with tarps, they gave me not so good loads.
If your left with the same dispatcher you get the rapour with you would do great. This company needs to watch what there office staff are doing make sure they are doing there jobs. On another note when you quit they stop paying the advance at the end of the month leave you without any income until the following 15th of the month, they don't care that the mortgage isn't going to get paid on time.
I really loved working for this Company and I have regret quitting since the next day of quitting. They do an awesome job at paying their employees and they will do what ever they can to help you in your private live.
Pros
Very Busy
Cons
N/a
Owners are great..

Great..great...honest people ....most upper management need to grow up and be professional.....business is business...but something you can't teach.....people who work under management...work hard...good people to work with..

Always give a helping hand.

So overall a business. Built up from the ground...family run...the owners are great

Biggest downfall upper management....leave your egos at home

Overall thats an opinion
Pros
Owners
Cons
Upper manangement
Good place to work. Willing to train. Pay is a little low. Lots of equipment and vehicles to work on. No pension during time of employment. Benefits may have been lacking.
every long distance trip was a great day, was raised working long days and traveling far distances in short time, I think long distance truck driving is what I would consider in a long term career,
Pros
Long distance traveling in Canada
It was a decent company. Very professional staff and benefits were good.