Q-Air Environmental Controls

Canada5 reviews

Busy and Great Team to Learn and Work With

Featured review

Q-Air Environmental Controls selected this as a representative review
When I received the interview date I was a bit nervous as I had never done this type of office work. I quickly felt comfortable in the interview and was given a great broadcast of what the job entailed and what I would be responsible for day to day. I left the interview already feeling welcomed to the team and was so excited to hear in the next few days that I was welcomed onto the team. I have learned so much working with Q-Air in the short time I have been here and look forward to starting my day each morning. Set working days and hours make balancing work and home life simple now and benefits after 3 months was a bonus. The team is so willing to help with any questions I have and I never feel out of place when I need assistance. It has never been a question as to why I accepted this job.

Pros

Monday to Friday, No weekends, benefits, family culture of the business

Not the worst job ever.

You will always have a full week of work at this place, you can always bank your 40 hours. Management is easy to work with. The work you do here is relatively easy. I found most co-workers tolerable. This place also pays very low wages, expect the bare minimum. There is very little room for advancement within the company, most employees in the building have an entry level, dead-end job. This is reflected in people’s work ethic, work culture is very poor. It was not uncommon to find co-workers simply ‘hanging out’ and chatting, or playing on their phones for extended periods of time, when they are supposed to be working. People not showing up to work regularly was common practice and tolerated. The building itself is very small, there is not adequate space for the amount of product being made and sent out, the space limitations cause great frustration amongst workers. The rate of employee turnover is incredibly high, workers come and go like a revolving door, and it doesn't take much time working here to understand why. Overall not the most professional or organized environment, but you can get a mediocre paycheque every week.

Pros

Steady hours. Indoors.

Cons

Poor work culture, poor wages, low employee happiness, no advancement opportunities.

Good place to work if you are fast paced and like evening full time hours

I worked here for over a month. I liked the pay and it was easy to talk to management. I personally wasn’t able to meet the companies needs of producing so many boxes in however much time. I also got tired of repeatedly doing the same thing for hours.

Pros

Good pay, nice management

Cons

Repetitive

Nice place to work

Ceo was a kind and approachable person. As was the supervisor. As a truck driver other more experienced drivers where always willing to lend a hand and advise. I enjoyed working there. How ever I do wish the position paid a little more.

Low paying and high stress .

Extremely unorganized and unprofessional. Took pay off of my cheque to replace an old mirror when a bus pulled out in front of me last second and swiped it off. No care for any of the workers just as long as they don't have to pay you too much . If you are ok with waking up at 3 am to be on the road and have them show no regard for your safety or time and use you than this is the job for you .

Pros

Can be by yourself most of the day

Cons

Everything else about it sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Q-Air Environmental Controls. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement