Pythian

Pythian Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Like any company, Pythian has it's upside and downside. But what I do like, and see consistently, is the desire to learn, respond, grow and be better. As a company and as people, and that is something that did not change over my 7 years.
Report your activities by minutes, no kidding :) Carry pages for after hours . You can only bill the minutes you spend on your works. Let's say you get call 6 times from 6PM-6AM , it take 10 minutes in average to check issues. You can bill 60 minutes in total. Hilarious!!!
This company promote work from home but you need to enter time at the minute close on every task. Plus you know when your day start but not when it end.
As with any company, there are ups and downs. The important part of working here is that you have a global community who supports you. Culture is important here and is appreciated by most of the company.
Great company to work for and great people to work with. Very, very challenging. Learned so much. Not for the faint-hearted. You are constantly required to step up your game.
Pros
Excellent people to work with. Very talented.
Cons
Work/Life balance - doesn't exist.
The company is quickly going down the drain. The morale is at an all time low, and with the sale of the company looming on the horizon, no one is sure as to what to do.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
Bro culture, no time to work. Work/life balance, what’s that?
19 December 2018
Pythian is proud to have been in business for over 20 years. We work in the fast paced technology field, and, like every other business in this field, we must to continue to grow and evolve in order to keep pace with the ever changing market demands - and that includes business investment and adaptations to technologies and services at strategic inflection points of our business lifecycle.

We have been very open and transparent of Pythian’s ongoing plans with our global employees and while we realize it can be uncomfortable for some people, others see this planning as an opportunity for growth. Successful investment will no doubt be beneficial for Pythian and all our global colleagues worldwide and we are excited about these next stages!

Regarding your comment on our Managers, leadership is difficult at the best of times. Our leadership team is made up of experienced professionals committed to building and investing in our people to exceed customers expectations. As we all know, market changes happen quickly and we work hard to adjust to our client needs. Unfortunately, this does cause friction points at times for our employees as we navigate through together.

We do appreciate your feedback and should you have any further comments, please feel free to reach out directly to me at graham@pythian.com
In the time I've worked with Pythian, I've been given multiple training opportunities to gain certification and knowledge in new technologies. This has kept my skills up-to-date, a key requirement for me.

I support 6-8 clients along with my team. This is a good challenge, and gives me insight into different, new ways of building technological solutions to meet particular application needs.

The most enjoyable parts of my job are problem-solving, talking with clients, and working with my teammates. I often spend time analyzing problems with a client system, and I can bounce ideas off my teammates and others at Pythian. The role as a database consultant at Pythian involves very little pager management, but rather mostly analysis and consultation.
19 December 2018
Hello! Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your journey at Pythian.
Pythian was a great place to work however over the past couple years the Management has take a turn for the worse. The lack of direction leaves employees confused and unsure of their future within the company.
Pros
Flexible Work Hours
Cons
Having to Account for every minute of your Work Day
19 December 2018
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’d be glad to learn more about your experience. Should you have any further feedback to share, please email us at vukojevic@pythian.com
Really embraces remote working teams are made up from people from around the world but the company really tries to make everyone feel included no matter in you work in one of their offices or if you work permanently from home.
Pros
Remote Working
19 December 2018
Great opportunity to learn with some of the best in the industry, but management is poor and so is work life balance. Excellent career step for skills development.
Its good work life balance.
Only thing is to do time tracking.

You will need to capture and record time spent on stuff and client work, which is the most annoying part. Apart from that its good to work with Pythian.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Time tracking.
Working at Pythian is Amazing! I’m lucky enough to work remotely from my home. Even though we’re remote, my team members are always communicating and helping each other to solve problems; it’s like we’re in the same room. The whole culture at Pythian is open and collaborative, even the CEO put aside time just so he could get to know me!