Pyramid Corporation Employee Reviews

Meh
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB11 January 2019
It all depends who you are and how low your number is. Seems like you have to be apart of the old boys club rather than actually be good at you job. Management only cares about their bonuses.
Pros
little to none
Cons
materials and management
bad mangment
ELECTRICAL APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB7 January 2019
The foremen make promises they cant keep. there is no respect for employees. i wish i never experienced working here. The rest of employees where great to work with just management sucks.
Cons
mangment
Professional work environment
Corporate IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 December 2018
Pyramid corporation is a very good company to work with. Executive management is approachable, however, early appraisal is required.
Provides work life balance. Environment is enjoyable.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
No professional growth
good work enviorment
Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Redwater, AB4 December 2018
good company long hours management pushes for a more succsful goals for you and does all that they can in there power to give you the tools you need to benefit yourself
I loved working here
Foreman & Lead Hand, Electrical (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2018
I learned so much with this company. This was the first company in my transition from Commercial/Institutional to Industrial O&G. On each site that I worked on, the general management structure remained the same, with employee advancement and fresh faces making their way in as well. I can honestly say that I never once encountered anything other than great leadership. I felt connected, coached, molded and part of a growing team.

Workplace culture was great. A few different shift patterns depending on the project (10/4, 14/7). All but one project was fly-in/fly-out and all projects were camp based, with a few moves. I didn't mind it though.

The most enjoyable parts of the job were the relationships I built with employees and opportunity for advancement. I had always heard bad things about industrial when I worked commercial, but once I completed the transition, worked for a few years and progressed to higher positions, I looked back and thought "I absolutely love this type of work"

I will always recommend Pyramid Corporation for anyone that wants to get into industrial or has been doing it for a while and hasn't been with Pyramid before. The culture is something that I haven't seen or heard since working there and I really wish more companies would follow their style.
Pros
Too many to list.
Cons
If you are a hard worker and put in the effort every day, I really don't think you'll find a con.
Service and Maintenance
Apprentice 1,2,3 (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB22 September 2018
I was an apprentice working for this company. Service and maintenance was my working position.
Daily tool box talks
Task assignment for the day
Gather tools and materials required for the day.
Fill out FLHRA's ( Field Level Hazard Risk Assessments.)
before starting tasks.
Have it reviewed
Daily debrief and weekly safety meetings.
I enjoyed working for the company as it gave you the opportunity for hands on experience, building client customer relationships.

The hardest part of this job was lack of direction from upper management, Sink or swim mentality

The most enjoyable part of this job was the learning, new work environment ( frequent change of location ) due to service work.
Easy shift schedule 8 hour days 5 days a week Monday to Friday and was typically close to home. 30 minute driver everyday.
Pros
Diverse working environment
Cons
lower pay
Work place
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 September 2018
Pyramid provided many years of work for me. It was not always steady but it suited me at the time.

The human resource people were helpful and often gave me an option of which job I wanted take at the time.

Many of the fellow employees were pleasant to work with.

We did a variety of projects- there was always a new place, a new site, a new customer. A good place to work!
Pros
lots of work
Cons
generally no work life balance. Unless you get the right job
good people
1st Year Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB24 July 2018
great place to work, people were great co workers and the environment was enjoyable. it was an overall awesome place to work and have very little complaints
usually steady work, its who you know
Journeyman electrician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB16 July 2018
not too much variety in what you do, doing the same thing for months at a time, boring repetitive work that doesn't leave you with much pride but usually pretty steady work that meets the bottom line.
Pros
good guys to work with
Cons
old boys club
Fun easy going place to work
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 June 2018
Fun place to work, makes going to work easier with a good work culture. They have a good benefits package through clac. Always kept me busy and found work on the road when things got slow.
Pyramid Construction
4th Year Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 June 2018
Pyramid Construction was a great place to work for. Employees were nice and easy to talk to and get along with. Fun place to work...employees are paid based on their skills.
Not bad, if you can find work
Fourth Year Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 June 2018
Decent company to work for, if you can find work. Coworkers are great, management is a little crummy at times. Hard to get support when needed, and a lot of times work goes to name hires.
Pros
Coworkers
One of the best Companies
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 June 2018
Good Company, Good Guys, enjoyed working for Pyramid, worked all over western Canada. sub supplied Benefits by CLAC Training paid for no Wages for Training
Sub-par upper management stuck in the dinosaur age
Electrical Apprentice Level 1 & 2 (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 June 2018
Pyramid was a decent company to start with but very chauvinistic and they have no work. Project manager was a complete racist, misogynist. His motto apparently was "no snatch in the patch", and used the N-word over the radio. What a great guy! Met some nice people but the trickle down effect of upper management made for a nasty work environment where everyone was throwing everyone else under the bus.

Now they are paying way less and making you pay for your own flights. Bah.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Working away from home
Productive and fun workplace
APPRENTICE (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB1 June 2018
The people were great to work with and the management was great and provided lots of support. There was a good safety culture and there was lots to learn from with the safety presentations.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Very little pay
A good company to work for
ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Alberta7 May 2018
They do their best to keep their employees working and the pay is very competitive with other companies. Strong safety culture within.
For the most part people are kind and respectful.
Where you and your dreams go to die.
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB5 May 2018
A good place to retire to since the collapse of the economy< I wouldn't recommend working for them unless its just Job security that you are looking for.
OK place to work
Shipper/Receiver/ Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB20 April 2018
Company is going through a major structure change. Not sure of future with the company.
Handled the daily needs of a panel shop warehouse and tool crib. Paperwork, Shipping/Receiving, handling requests from job supervisors in the field.
Pros
Willing to let you try new systems
Cons
Major structure changes
never worked with a closer team in the industry
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB13 March 2018
worked with 2 super intendants and both worked hard on getting the crew to work well together the crew was treated like family and seemed important to the company
Good company to work for. I worked some really great project with them.
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dease Lake, BC1 February 2018
I have worked some great projects with this company. These projects were fast paced and I learned a lot about the construction industry. Great group of guys on the crews.