PWTransit

PWTransit Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews

workgoodgreatcompanyjobenjoyworkingpay

Needs more discipline, structure, team building.

The company is unstable, job is secure. Needs to get some of the drivers to care a bit more about the passengers than themselves. It is a high stress job.

Pros

Good pay, benefits.

Cons

Co-workers need to treat each other and the passengers with respect. Split shifts need to go.

Do not work

Mgt sucks. Do not work simply.10hr straight shifts with no OT.No breaks, hardly 5 mins if you are lucky.Mgt will pinpoint every little minor thing.Simply do not work for this location.

Cons

Long hours of sitting. No lunch breaks. Greedy management

Insights into PWTransit

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Unless your semi retired, stay away.

Very poor management from scheduling to simple pay corrections. Many of the shifts have long splits 4-6hr equipment are hand me downs from other cities so good luck with having heat or a/c. The mechanics try but it’s understandable with so much red tape from BC Transit. Benefits happen only if you get a permanent position which is an easy 3-5 years from when you start as a spare or those at top finally retire. The union is decent, the union reps are…interesting. Pay is pretty good for the amount of effort that’s needed. But starting pay is a joke but that advances quickly. Great job for semi retired or want a decent part time to fill in when others can’t work.

Pros

Union, decent pay

Cons

Long splits, poor management

Can be a fun/good job

I used to love my job. Benefits suck. We sit all day and get nothing for Benefits to help out for pain. Some managers are worth working for in this company and some don't care about you.

Very good and Easy Part time job!

Great place to work, customers and staff very nice, Managers are reasonable, fair pay for this type of job. No complaints!Safety is paramount here, which is great!

Terrible management and culture, toxic work environment, be weary of accepting a job here.

This company is unfortunately a true example of a company where you are just a number. Empathy towards public is discouraged Core values seek great from the banners and books they give out, but are not practiced. Recognition for job well done never happens.Drivers are always asked to work overtime but never paid overtime wages that are outlined in the collective agreement.If you are looking for work life balance unfortunately this company will tell you that can provide it, but will guilt you into working your days off. They are always stuck for drivers and spare drivers are not alowed to have a life or turn down a shift if they have prior commitments.No room for advancement at this location.Unfortunately some drivers have been here for for too long and are bitter and rude to other drivers and the public they transport.Looks like a great company to work for initially but after a few months you can really see that you are no more than your employee number. Drivers would rather see young mother and child standing in the rain than give a ride to them if they are short on change. The company needs a major overhaul from the top down.Highly recommend you don't apply if you value your personal life and being treated with respect and equity.It can take years of having to be on call every day and never being able to turn down work before they offer you a permanent position.Only way to get a permanent position is when someone quits or retires

Pros

Company provides uniforms Short term disability and RRSP matching

Cons

Split shifts, always asked to work over hours of service, no overtime, lack of empathy from management

Terrible management

Management is very volatile can be real nice or extremely caustic , they do not consider any suggestions and complaints are seen as personal attacks , which will get you fired , worst employment I have ever had to endure. Read between the lines before working here, hours of shifts were not what was promised either.

Pros

other drivers

Cons

dysfunctional management, terrible split shifts, very cold bus's in winter Freezing! caustic work environment.

Negative environment. Dirty management tricks towards drivers. Unfair decision.Poor management.

It was great when I started with this company. But when they realize drivers wants to organize they brought in human relations officer aka union buster than everything went downhill. Absolutely unfair disciplinary actions. Lack of strong leadership quality. They do not even follow there own policy and target people to get them fired.

Pros

Drivers, one management person that was let go, because she was driver’s favourite.

Cons

Management including GM

Great place to work.

Its a great place to work. There's room for advancement. Co workers are nice and helpful and so is the management. My manager is helpful and understanding

Untitled

There is no typical day as it depends on ridership and traffic each day. I have learned patience in particular with passengers who may take more time to enter and exit the bus. Management has always been great so far in my experience. Workplace culture is slightly less diverse then I would like in that there is a general commonality among the drivers themselves. The hardest part about the job is sitting and driving in a somewhat monotonous route for long hours. The best part is meeting and getting to know members of the community that I might never have met otherwise.

My career could have been better.

I enjoy working , I mostly got put into the washrack during my 11 year career and during the last 7years rarely had the opportunity to drive. I drive as a casual now that I officially retired and really enjoy it. My passengers are extremely happy to see as it was rare for me to drive when I was a full time employee.

PWTransit rocks!!

The best part of my job is the riders!! We have laughed,cried and had heart to heart talks. I’ve been driving for transit for 7&1/2 years. I’ve got to see the kids grow up and I feel I’ve had a great part in their lives as a parent and friend!! Co-workers play another great part in my-life at work and home. I love my job so much, it gives me something to wake up to and Go to work everyday!! I’ve had 2 different bosses since I’ve been with PWTransit. They both have been very good at there positions and I enjoy the way they direct their knowledge to me!! Love PWTransit!!! Good company to be employed by!!

Decent

Communication among management and management to staff needs to be improved. Direction is lacking and treatment of staff is greatly suffering. It’s not a horrible place to work but there is a lot of work to do. Pay is low from drivers to office staff and cleaners.

Great place to gain more experience

PWTransit is a great place to get your foot in the door in people transportation. i work with difference personality types but this strengthens my customer service skills. Training was great to work with and i know the city fairly well now. Everyone at work is very friendly and personable. i enjoy working with the team and management. PWtransit is part of PWT and it seems like the opportunities are endless.

Pros

great way to gain experience, good opportunities to advance, great for part time work

Cons

need to be flexible

Very good company to work for. Always opportunities to try new things, take on additional responsibility and advance.

I have worked for PWTransit for over ten years and have always found management to be approachable and fair. Things always seem to be busy, and opportunities are always there for people who want extra work, to take on additional duties/responsibilities etc. I have seen a number of employees advance to supervisory/management positions and they always seem interested in promoting from within prior to looking outside the company. Pay is competitive and benefits and pension are also quite good. Only down side is schedules, which are not very attractive. However, there is not much that can be done given transit services operate seven days a week and during all hours of the day/evening.

Pros

Good pay, approachable management, opportunities

Cons

Shift schedules (splits, weekends), rarely see or interact with co-workers

Excellent company to work for. Lots of room for advancement if you are committed to the core values.

I have worked for this company in various roles. Hard work does pay off here! Management does care, and is understanding if you are experiencing personal issues. There is a wide variety of jobs available, which translates into job advancement. Job culture is generally good, sometimes employees need more reprimanding than what is given.

Pros

Good pay, understanding management, room for advancement if you want it.

Cons

If you are not flexible, you will dislike the job

I love working with management and drivers as well as admin..sales and mevhanics.

Our company is always hiring dependable safe drivers. Training for one week with Safety trainer. Road and vehicle safety test. Safety is number one priority. Excellent training.

Pros

good work and steady.

Cons

Salary could be more.

Driving of different buses.

Split shifts don't work for everyone. Could use new management. Enjoyed doing the split shifts to downtown Calgary. Had great passengers and they were fun to drive to work.

Needing appropriate wages to stay in Airdrie!

Coworkers are a fantastic bunch, and are a very understanding welcoming group. The best part is that local and Ice Bus (Regional) have weekends and Statutory holidays’ off. This wouldn’t happen in Transit anywhere else, however the wages of Calgary Transit is significantly higher. Airdrie only offers part-time, and with lower then normal wages it is easier to go for the better paying Transit work elsewhere.

..We just need some better equipment

I enjoy coming into work everyday. Top rate of pay is easily achieved the more shifts you pickup. Lack of bus maintenance is what is really sad. Were all hard workers just trying to get the job done utilizing with what little we have. No Heat, dirty buses etc..Cant really blame anyone but the higher ups. We need a proper facility but other then that I still enjoy serving the people of Whitby.

Company Needs Improvement

Our buses are badly maintained. Other employees caused me additional stress at work. Management has been good to me so far. Very understanding about personal struggles.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PWTransit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement