PWO Canada Inc

PWO Canada Inc Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
Not Bad
I worked at this company in July 2019 for few days only. The wage is almost the minimum wage ($15.61 for afternoons, less than $15 for days).

They have straight 8 hours shifts. The shifts start 15 minutes earlier, i.e. for afternoons 2:45 pm to 11 pm. There are 3 breaks in each shift: two 10 minutes breaks and one 30 minutes lunch break.

Work is very repetitive at the sorting area, you will have bins full of parts and will need to check and sort them out. A lot of different parts might need to be sorted, such that you will have different parts to sort.

The good thing is that the sorting area was not very noisy nor hot. Moreover, depending on the parts, some you can sort while you are setting. Not very fast environment, you work at your own pace but might need to stand or bend for long periods. Most parts are not heavy.

You might need to do packaging as well, which is the worst part of the job. They might move you to the packing area at the end of a press machine. In this case the parts will keep coming to you through conveyor and you will have to stack and pack them. Very fast and repetitive (one part every 3-5 seconds), very noisy and hot, and a lot of oil on the parts.

People were friendly.
Pros
Straight Shifts; 3 Breaks; Good People
Cons
Low Wage; 15 Minutes Earlier; Repetitive; Hot
Horrible Management
I was not happy with working for this company. The pay is too low and they don't treat their staff very nice. When you have an issue no one pays any attention to it,
Fair place to work with great benefits and perks
I've enjoyed my almost 3 years here. The pay is fair, benefits are great, fast paced job makes your day fly by and co workers coming together as a team makes it more enjoyable.
Good Company
Steady Business, good people. Work environment can be harsh, demanding, and very stressful. Not many growth opportunities. Outdated work policies can lead to frustration.
A great place to work, hot in the weld cell areas.
Overall its a great place to work, the training is intense. There is always room for advancement when the company is expanding production wise, Can use some improvement in the equipment service area, too much equipment downtime. Great pay.
Pros
The training is very good.
Cons
Too much equipment failures/downtime.
It was a good place to work.The pay was good.
It was a good company to work for, steady consistent work, good pay .Lots of issues with some of the equipment at times.
Pros
Easy work, good pay
Cons
Gets a bit hot in and around the weld cells.
- Management team was tough
- Team work was encouraged

- Fast pas environment

- Clean environment

- Workplace encouraged culture

- Good Pay

- Benefits

- Growth in the company
Pros
good pay
Not a bad place
Not a bad place to work. Challenging with all of the dies to be managed. No air conditioning in the summer. Generally good work environment with good people.
Well Oiled Machine
Medium sized company with excellent international support from HQ in Europe. Strong process & tool engineering teams. High turnover in ground level and low skill production staff. Autocratic management team that are not always pleasant to work with.
Not a career choice!
I worked at PWO for 1 year. Was let go due to "downsizing" although Ford just got the new Bronco contract. So how downsizing is possible, I really don't know. They let 3 full time go people at the same time as myself, but kept the temps. Management is very unfair. If they like you, you are going to be ok. If you don't fit in their circle then you better watch out. PWO expects hard work for very little pay with minimal increases. No room for advancement. I've seen this company try and hire inhouse for other positions and behind backs they went and hired somebody from outside. Not a career choice. A year or 2 is fine, but you can not make this a long term career. The wage is terrible. Especially considering minimum wage was just raised and PWO will not increase their wages.
N-a
Treats staff terribly, No respect for anyone. Promises profit sharing and then won't pay it out when time comes. Still only pays min wage no matter how long you have been there.
No stability in this company
I worked here a short term worker and a lot of people got laid off for no reason there is no stability in this company. People are pretty nice to each other overall, just not stable enough for me.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No stability
Loved it there time to move on
Love it 14 years we just grew apart
Want to try something new and have absolutely no hard feelings

Hr was great to me Christmas parties were awesome

If I could ever have a chance highly unlikely I would work there again
Pros
Cons
Could not work under my friend anymore
Okay company
Typical work day is either days, afternoons or evenings. All aspects of tool maintenance repair applied. People on the floor are easy to get along with.
good co workers
Fast paced but no room for advancement. Production manager is a drinker. Much friendlier then the last PM but things do not get done like it did back when the old PM was there.
Pros
fast paced good raises
Cons
no room for advancement
Horrible place to work in, low class management
Worked for Pwo for a year as a weld operaror and thank god im finally gone from here! One of the worst and most depressing work environments I've ever been in! Alot of unbalance and unfairness incooperated in the pwo facility. Some of the employee's working here, and even some team leads, are the biggest of degenerates. I recommend you working here for a year, and leaving as quickly as possible! There's no future here what so ever!!
Pros
Clean work environment, benifits
Cons
Miserable environment, low class individuals, management is flawed
Company wt many growing pains
I enjoyed the technical challenges in this position, but unfortunately was not properly or professionally managed. The wage was a fair compensation for the required work.
Deceiving and cheap place. Managers only care about their salaries.
Future is only visible for managers themself, big gap in compensation whether it is production or administrative employee. They can not envision future market, and only short time employment is recommended.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Compensation
Clean, modern facility, horrible skilled trades leadership.
Do what your told and don't talk. Forty hours only. All overtime is hoarded by a select few of the "elite clique". Your skill/ knowledge is not needed.

On the positive side, there are some very skilled workers here. How they can work in this atmosphere is beyond my comprehension.

There are some extremely negative workers and managers. If your looking for short term employment then this is for you. Don't plan on working here much longer then a year or two.
Pros
8 hours paid lunch (no breaks)
Cons
no overtime, no opportunity for advancement.
Company has some of the latest technology
My experience was satisfactory.
management at the time of employment was very unorganized and little to no communication.

i started as an operator, and by gaining responsibilities and trust from fellow management was given opportunity to learn more and gain skills on the CMM, pre-stage, tpm, quality checks and cut and bend test. but i was never recognized or acknowledge because management failed to relay my day to day jobs and took my effort as a "help" position.
Pros
oppertunity for higher eduacation
Cons
managment at the time was unorganized and unprpared for fast change.
Clean company, No future
Lots of negative people not treated fairly, Skilled labour not able to use their skills as they are always told what to do by a few leaders, You have to start fifteen minutes early and you are not payed for it, No breaks for skilled trades, Huge gap in pay from one skilled trade employee to the next can be 10$ gap, General labour swinging door around 10 employees start every two weeks because they are not payed enough for what they do (hard work),Overall Management treat employees unfairly,
Pros
Clean work enviroment, Decent wage for skilled labour
Cons
No opurtunity to advance, Lots of Negativaty comes out of this company