PwC

PwC Employee Reviews

Canada52 reviews

Found 52 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,348 reviews
goodworkingmanagementgreatworklotplacehour

Sink or swim. Training bad.

They make decisions at the top which affect you and you are forced to comply or goodbye. Some of the directors were narcissistic, while others were fine.

Pros

Christmas party was lame

Cons

No training, no support, no one to ask. Expected to know everything immediately.

Good company to work for but bad working hours

Good benefitsManagement is goodWorkplace culture is good, nice colleaguesLong hours of workYou can learn a lot if you wantThe hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines

Insights into PwC

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Very productive and foward thinking space. I would recommend many times over. The brand appears to be great/fantastic on CV, the firm is regarded to be top among the Big4.

Tax

Good place to workNo benefits for contract workMeet a lot of peopleBig name good companyBest part of job is remote so it was a bit laid backWorst part is yes

Good starting point for career but don't plan on staying long term

Work long hours, for not nearly enough pay. Work you are doing is not really value add and you feel like you aren't learning anything useful to further your career.

Not bad at all for a Big4 job

There is high turnover which is part of the industry trend.Not all jobs would cover/ sign off on your CPA, be very clear before you get hired to have the terms in writing.

Some good some bad

Con: Very busy (low work life balance) with low pay compared to industry Pro: Opportunity to work with smart people, collaborative and fast career progression

Productive and funwork place

Great place for learning for fresh graduates with experience in multiple departments. Althoug, it gets busy in the audit season but at the end of the day reward is worth the effort.

Decent pay but the hours are insane

Decent pay but the hours are insane. Expect to work 6, 10-13 hour days in a row. I also don't think there is much room for advancement (at least what I was doing).

Nice place to work with

Good environment I have concern about salary only . Manager helps me a lot to do my tasks. I made a good connection with employee there. Hybrid work system is an amazing option there

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PwC?

Hi

Hi, I loved working here. Mostly the culture was great, but I was hired to work during the busy tax season and although I did receive an extension for corporate busy season in June, the job was not permanent.

Pros

Employee interaction

My biggest regret

I absolutely regret working here, they abuse people who work hard. The best decision I made was leaving. I literally learned nothing and was paid less than $10 with all the free overtime I did.

Pros

everything

Cons

nothing

Good Place to Start. Not the best but not the worst either. It's a great place to start and learn. Prepare you for the challenge

Good Place to kickstart your Career. The management is quite fair. The most enjoyable part is working from home. Learned a lot and I am ready to face the challenge ahead of me.

As a top employer, PwC has a generous benefit system in place. You also get to work with lots of smart minds. There is ample Opportunity for advancement.

great learning, everything else is subpar

great learning, everything else is subpara lot of politicsno clear career advancementshoddy leadershipa lot of marketing fluff to attract clientspay is horrible

Assurance

Similar to other big 4 firms, it’s a fast pace and stressful environment with tight deadlines in the months of January to April. Job is secure as promotions are based on number of busy seasons worked

Great place to work, but not the best yet

There needs to be constructive and open feedback from the management.Support provided was great in terms of laptop, director visiting you weekly, Just to ensure that work was being completed. however the feedback part was missing.

Méthodologie archaïque

Utilisation d'excel au lieu des outils offerts par CasewareQuestionnaires Caseware en anglais même au QuébecNotes de révision sans valeur ajoutéeAucun temps consacré pour la formation en dehors de la première semaine

Loved working at PWC

I had an amazing Team and the leadership team was fabulous! PWC internal IT was a collaborative environment and focused on team work across business units.

Pros

I had a great team and manager

Cons

The commute was too long fir me personally when work from home wasn’t an option

Can be amazing if you know who to befriend.

Great company overall but the London SDC has many issues with management and office politics. Its who you know not what you know that result in promotions.

Pros

Co workers, company as a whole, taxi vouchers and meals during overtime

Cons

Unqualified managers, popularity contest enviroment

Es muy buena empresa para trabajar

Es una gran empresa que te ayuda a formarte y crecer en el ámbito laboral y personal.

Pros

Una firma de predtigio

Cons

Salarios un poco bajos

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement