PwC Employee Reviews

PwC audit associate
Senior Associate Audit & Assurance Group (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 May 2018
Great internal training and learning opportunities; but work long hours under tight deadlines. Annual salary is under the market benchmark for managers and below. In general a great start of professional career.
Pros
Internal training and learning opportunities
Cons
Long hours, tight deadlines, under the market salary
productive and fun place to work
Business Analyst - Contract (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 May 2018
Upwardly mobile, fast paced and multicultural place of work. Work culture is really nice and all inclusive. benefits packages and work flexibility are really good
A necessary place to start a career as a professional accountant?
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 May 2018
Working at a professional accounting and services firm can get a bad rap. Yes, you are going to be working long hours and, yes, it's often going to seem like the work you're doing isn't taken seriously by some of your clients, especially in an audit capacity.

However, the skills you develop and the people you meet can have a lasting impact on your career. You will be exposed to financial managers from many types of businesses and can form some strong bonds with both clients and coworkers. This can lead to building a great professional network. And really, the relationships you form during your career will help propel you upwards much faster.

Further, you are thrust into positions where you have to think, and work, quickly and on your feet. You are expected to manage other staff within 18-24 months of starting at the firm. It also gives you a true respect for what hard work is, and forces you to critically think. Not only about your current tasks, but how they fit into the big picture of your entire projects.

I feel that starting my career at PwC has helped me advance my career much faster than if I had worked somewhere outside of a Big 4 accounting firm.
Pros
Development of important skills, a professional network, engaging and fun coworkers. Helps to build necessary skills to start your career
Cons
Long Hours, Lack of accolades for work completed
Fun Workplace
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Wabush, NL28 April 2018
People are very friendly and always working as a team. I enjoyed every moment working with the staff. Management is supportive to everything, they will lead you to success.
Good leadership
PARTNER, Health Sector (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2018
Full service advisory firm with talented teams providing solutions from coast to coast to coast. Full suite of competency servicing global companies to small firms.
Great learning and networking with excellent professionals from all over the world
External Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  other24 April 2018
Excellent company to work, as it always seeks to train highly qualified professionals and provide quality services.
As an audit manager, my normal work day consisted of serving my clients to help them solve accounting problems. I had the function of supporting with technically appropriate and creative solutions for each client.
I also had support functions with business negotiations, seeking new projects to sell to current clients or prospect new clients.
I served customers located in several cities and regions, so traveling was an almost daily routine.

The most difficult part of my job was to be able to reconcile my personal life with the routine of travel and attendance or virtual attendance of all my clients.
The best part of the job was the high development as a person and as a professional provided by the company. In addition to having the opportunity to do many courses to be always updated technically, the company environment is largely geared towards the quest to learn and share knowledge.

The benefits and salary were also very good. The work environment with people motivated and focused on teamwork was also a very positive factor during the nine years I worked in this company.
Pros
High development as a person and as a professional
Cons
Reconcile personal life
Great accounting career work, but burns you out quickly
Senior Associate (Assurance) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2018
Pros:
- Fast paced work environment
- Ahead of the curve of technology
- You learn a lot very fast, lots of responsibility quickly
- Fun social events
- Fun to lead teams 2-3 years into a job
- Exposed to accounting/business problems and you gain a unique skillset
- Recruiters contact you alot around your senior year+
- Leadership team is good and taking firm in right direction
- Lots of training
- Meet lots of great people
- Good benefits program

Cons:
- long hours
- brutally long hours
- performance review system is not efficient/best approach
- work with clients/other colleagues who can be hard to work with
- churns through staff so hard to have continuity on engagements
Fast paced environment with opportunities to expand knowledge
Expatriate Tax Preparer (HRS) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2018
Workplace culture is very welcoming and comfortable. A typical day of work goes by fast due to high workload. Management is always willing to help with any problems.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long hours during peak season
Friendly Environment
Admin Services Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 April 2018
Great place to work but unfortunately Admin Services is taking a direction that leaves doubt in terms of the future.

If Admin Services structure continued the same as it was 4 years ago I would not leave the Firm.
Pros
xx
Cons
xx
Productive, Supportive, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Efficiency.
Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2018
Always worked on multi-tasks, learned new concepts or programs on a daily basis, there was always someone available for you to share the knowledge, in the meantime, I shared my knowledge of audit and project management with others as well.

It's challenging to maintain high quality of work on multiple engagements but it can be done through task prioritization, good on-job coaching, closely monitoring work progress and good communication with both PwC and client's management.

Clients always appreciated your hard work and on-time report delivery.
Pros
Flexibility
Great!
Tax Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 April 2018
Experience Relais and Châteaux luxury and elegance in the Ontario Hotel & Spa of your dreams. Offering 60 luxurious guest suites, a full-service spa, outdoor swimming pool, a 5-diamond award-winning restaurant with elegant reception rooms. Langdon Hall is a place where time seems to stand still.
Emploi non apprécié
Réceptionniste (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC3 April 2018
Je recevais les clients et répondais au téléphone. Quelques scan à effectuer. L'ouvrage était agréable et valorisant.

L'expérience que j'ai acquis durant mon emploi fut bien.

La politique de l'entreprise est 0 sur l'intimidation. L'entreprise est une entreprise multi-mondial. Leurs mission et valeurs qu'ils mentionnent c'est ça qui m'a poussé à accepter l'offre d'emploi.
Pros
Mission et valeurs c'est ce qui m'a attiré.
good place
ASSURANCE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  qatar30 March 2018
good place to work, you learn alot, met good people, salary is competative and there is room for advanemnet, good place to start a career. not the best work life balance
good place to work
assurance associate (Former Employee) –  qatar30 March 2018
great place to learn, work life balance is not the greatest. Most of the people are good. You learn alot over there. Salary is competative and advancement opportunities exist
TEAM ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2018
Good benefits, promotions and internal opportunities available. Management is supportive and there are various social activities and training available.
PwC is a fun place to work. The challenge in PwC brought the best in me.
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria Island, Lagos Nigeria10 March 2018
Today, i am well equipped and also possessed a wealth of experience.

PwC values is of the highest standards. Integrity, honesty, empathy, putting oneself in others shoes.
Pros
Annual Bonus
Cons
Long work hours for core assurance staff
Very good work culture and treatment of employees with respect
Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 March 2018
I enjoyed working with different competencies in management consulting. Everyone is very smart and respectful to each other. I had a very positive experience.
good learning experience
Senior Supervisor - Assurance & Business Advisory (Former Employee) –  Pakistan28 February 2018
Good technical learning and development opportunities, committed workforce, high focus on service performance levels, global presence, work life balance in firms is a bit off
Staff are treated to specialize in a smaller area of expertise. (Eg- US taxes and Foreign Tax Credits
Senior Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto Downtown21 February 2018
Not very enjoyable working as the area I was working was too specialized on US taxes and Foreign Tax Credits. Since there was not much variety, one may become not employable in other areas of Auditing or Accounting.
Pros
Reputable brand name
Cons
Long hours during tax season
Good Contractual Work experience
Data Mapping Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2018
Worked on contract where I contributed my data extracting, transformation and loading skills.It was very nice to work with my project lead who is good in project planning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.

52K