PVT Group of Companies

PVT Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Insights into PVT Group of Companies

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Fun workplace with great team atmosphere

Featured review

PVT Group of Companies selected this as a representative review
The company has come a long ways at valuing the employee in the past few months. Great incentive plans and initiative taken to increase communication and encourages feedback from each of us. Upper Management is willing to listen and provide feedback to questions striving to improve. Lots of work and getting busier by the day. You are valued and appreciated for your efforts.

Pros

Recruitment Incentives, Open Communication, Service Award Program, and more.....

17 March 2021
Thank you for the review! Incentives are always awesome for our great employees!

Strong leadership, great work culture

The best group of coworkers a person could ask for, you can really feel that the people here enjoy the work they are doing. Leadership is approachable, and want to make sure you have the tools to succeed. For once I feel heard and not just a number. The environment is fast-paced, but still able to enjoy coming to work every day. Excited to see what the future holds.

Pros

Teamwork

Great group to work with

The employees here make this place a joy to work with. They employ folks who really want to do well at their job and aren't afraid to ask questions when a when clarity is required. The management is always there to help, they listen and they act if necessary. The hours can run long at times but that is just the nature of things, it's not really a complain as much as it is an observation. I've enjoyed the challenges here and can't wait to see what the future holds.

Very family orientated

PVT Group is a great place to work. They are very family orientated and big on team building. They do many fun activities for the employees such as Edmonton Oil Ticket draws, Halloween costume contests.... Very competitive in the Canada oil and gas industry keeping us busy all year round especially during covid shut down times, they were able to keep everyone steady.

Pros

Staff activities to keep up the moral

Good company to work and good people

Good company to work and good benefits they keep me busy all the time and management treat me well i will surely comeback on this company if i have too and i dont have regret working on this company

Fair Company

PVT is a fair company. They worked hard to keep us busy through COVID and send out schedules updating us on the forecast. Lots of production on the schedule that keeps my rotation easy to schedule with my family.

11 June 2021
Thank you for the update. We are always striving to improve and take care of our staff.

In my 30 plus working years by far the worst company to work for

PVT standard for Parasite Vultures and Thieves! They are by far the worst company in the oil field . As long as you do as told your # 1 lol . From CEO to CFO well educated but totally inexperienced in running and operating a successful business off of paper. They will tell you what needed to increase there employee numbers and that’s it. They treat there key employees (drivers) sub par .

Pros

Cons

Everything about them

4 June 2021
We are always looking for ways to improve. Please contact me directly and I will be happy to discuss your feedback. 587-202-1459

Great Group of People to Work with

A really positive group to work with, everyone is always willing to teach, support and help up when you have questions.PVT is a very fast paced and busy company who truly value their employees as-well as there feedback and opinions.

Fair place to work.

Very good place to work. Staff and most management are fair and easily to work for. Expectations and rules are communicated very clearly. Would definitely recommend them to work for.

Emphasis on safety, friendly co-workers, with good hours

I am a driver so a typical day of work for me consists of pre-tripping a truck, hauling fluid in a tanker to and from various locations, filling out paperwork, driving and working in all manner of weather conditions, and communicating with dispatch, managers and on-site company representatives to ensure I am completing the required work to their satisfaction.I came to this job with no oilfield experience and limited driving experience, and was fully trained on all aspects of my job with ongoing training provided as needed for specific tasks, updates to industry standards and government regulations, and changes to company policies and procedures.I find the management to be friendly and approachable (this includes our President, VP, CEO and CFO), and helpful when it comes to dealing with both work related issues and personal issues.Workplace culture is built around safety and respect. Be polite and you will be treated with respect. No-one wants to be yelled at or be sworn at, so if you have an issue think it through and present your case to the appropriate level of management and you will end up with a better reaction than if you go in and start screaming about your complaints.The hardest part of the jobs at PVT Group are going to be long hours, time spent away from families and loved ones, camp work, and working in extreme weather conditions (and mud) through all times of the year. Expect to be working outside, and it is oilfield work so you're not exactly going to be standing around on beaches sipping mimosas and pina coladas reading through the latest copy of Throb -

Pros

Strong safety culture, great co-workers (mainly), great pay

Cons

Long hours, time away from home, sometimes inconsistent work

17 March 2021
Thank you for the review we appreciate all the of the kind comments. We strive to create a great work experience for new and existing employees!

I love it.

I am new to oil patch. I have been driving class one 25 years. Figured I would give it a try. I know nothing on vac or tank side because I am a sand hauler. But I dealt and talked too dispatch on sand,vac, and tank side of company. All of them have been excellent to deal with. Compare my last dispatchers to my sand dispatch now. That Lady is a god send too trucking. All dispatchers at this company have been great. The bad reviews I have read I have never experienced that here. Field supervisors have all been great too deal with. You want a great company too work for here it is. come in with positive attitude and you will be happy. I am not office employed. Upper management been excellent too. Safety is #1 at this company. Company policy is LIFE. Live Incident Free Everyday.

Pros

way too many too list

Cons

work can be erratic due too weather

17 March 2021
Thank you for the review we appreciate it! Our sand department has grown tremendously.

Excellent Workplace Environment

Team Environment and Family Feel Excellent place to work with a good balance of Autonomy and direction from Management. Better than Industry standard for wages and room to grow. Extremely happy with PVT and their vision for the future

Pros

Flexibility / Good Renumeration / Excellent team Environment

17 March 2021
Management works hard to make sure employees are having a great experience at all of our branches! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment!

Gain experience.

The onboarding is quite extensive. It is the first time I’ve had such a professional experience completing. There is always a manager or supervisor available to talk with/ 24hrs a day. Like every company, there is always issues but this one seems to take a vested interest in their employees. If your looking for an opportunity to move forward and gain experience within the transportation field, give it a try. They are continually adapting and modernizing to exceed industry standards. I can say I would have loved to stay but due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to move away.

Pros

Consistent work

Cons

Lots of paperwork

17 March 2021
Thank you for leaving us a review. Our onboarding is designed to ensure that all field staff have the necessary safety courses before going into the field!

Avoid at all cost!

If your looking at the reviews, you should acknowledge that almost all of the good reviews are from office staff or management trying to hide and offset how terrible of a place this is to work at. If your someone who thinks of himself as a professional and enjoys taking care of your equipment and have a sense of ownership of your unit, it won’t get you anywheres here because they sure don’t and won’t allow you to make things better.

Pros

They have a pretty decent Iscout system & the electronic log makes one less piece of paperwork

Cons

Only get 100 characters, I could write 2000 in a matter of a minute.

17 March 2021
At PVT Group we take every comment seriously. If you would like to issue a formal complaint please feel free to reach out to our head office at 780-830-0045.

Rather hot say

I hope things get better karma. We are all one working to towards one goal. Respecting all with understanding helps work environment. Very hard industries let alone negativity from the top.

17 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take every review with consideration and strive to make our work environment better. If you would like to issue a formal complaint please reach out to our HR department at 780-830-0045.

Avoid upper management.

Way to much "micro managing " from upper management at head office. Absolutely no respect for any past experience a person brings to this company. And never any "thank you, or recognition for a job well done.Field supervisors can be difficult if they don't like you. Turn over is extremely high due to "people are a dime a dozen " concept. Avoid, Avoid, Avoid at any cost!

Pros

Great branch managers.

Cons

They like to fire, or lay people off, no job security.

Don’t do it backstabbing two faced enviroment

Backstabbing two faced fox creek stay clear dispatch is a two faced joke they should go back home and stay there only good thing from there is the sun

Pros

Ok hours safe ok equipment

Cons

Poor mismanagement backstabbing dispatch

They have been hiring every week while people sit at home starving

I've never seen a more clueless management in my life, and my mom worked at walmart! They will hire people when they have people being laid off, or sitting starving. They also have absolutely no idea what their current staff is experienced in, or who does what.

Terrible place to work

This is the worst company I have ever worked for. If you want to work somewhere that will make you feel completely worthless this is the place. Management will not have your back here it's every man for themself and they won't hesitate to throw you under the bus.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Do not recommend.

Working here shortens your life span. The stress of not having job security and the ever-looming fear of your "turn" to be fired wears you down. The amount of labor board complaints this place has is prominent proof of exactly the environment one faces.

High volume of work with a team atmosphere.

The market seems to be shifting and activity is moving in a positive direction so main focus is around reviewing job starts and following company policies. Also we have added a number of new units and are focused on driving a team culture.

Pros

Adding New Equipment & high volume of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PVT Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement