Putting Edge Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Worst Place to work by far
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nepean9 March 2018
The head office at putting edge makes working for the company impossible. My location had amazing management but head office pushed us away by micromanagement...as in, they monitored us in the workplace by watching the security cameras and reporting on what they saw (highly illegal)
We didn't get ANY breaks, ever. I once worked 14 hours straight and head office wrote me up for sitting down at the front desk for 10 minutes.
Worst.Job.Ever.
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, horrible management
Absolutely Horrible
Party Host/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 March 2018
They mistreated every worker there. They also threatened to take tips away because a customer was not happy. Pay was below minimum wage at $10.30 when I was 17. Rude and ungrateful owners. Bathrooms and food area were filled with bugs. Luckily their putting edge got shut down.
Entertainment Co-ordinator/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 September 2016
I love this job because the staff is basically one big family and it is like leaving my friends to have to get another job but the reason is because the commute is too long. Management was good, staff taught me valuable lessons in customer care and management.
Pros
A lot of free food
Cons
close is at 12:30
Did not work there for long
ENTERTAINMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC19 March 2015
I did not work at Putting Edge for long, but the working environment seemed to be nice. A good place for first time workers. I left for a position closer to home.
Great Job while I was in school
Entertainment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 July 2014
This was the perfect job for when I was in Highschool. The hours were great and they were very respectful of my school schedule.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Every Weekend
Fun place to work with great people.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 May 2014
For being a fairly simple job, I really loved working there. The job itself was easy to learn and not very challenging, but the part you'll like the most about it is the people and the environment. The company has a really fun loving head office made of people that genuinely enjoy their job and are very personable and easy to talk too. I got to work with and was trained by the owners of the establishment, which is something you don't get from big, faceless companies and I really loved that aspect. On top of that they were fantastic people that really cared about their employees. We were encouraged to send fun emails to head office with the names of the birthday kids and requested music. The atmosphere is great for people-loving individuals. You get to work in an environment where people are there to play games and have a good time and that rubs off on you. You're not just a clerk, you're a party planner, a DJ, and a golf and video game enthusiast. Planning and supervising birthday parties can get a little hectic and stressful at times, especially if you're dealing with rambunctious kids and difficult parents, but for the most part the children were fun to work with and the parents are very nice and grateful. The only complaints I would have are the pay is minimum wage and there are no health benefits, but if you're a fun, energetic and helpful person that's good with kids you'll get great tips. I would recommend this job to everyone.
Pros
Extra tips from birthday parties.
Cons
No health benefits.
Monotonous workplace
Event coordinator, (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 February 2014
Working here started off very well, the hours were good, people were friendly and the management worked well with the employees. However, as time went on, things started going downhill.